ITSAGOAL.org - More than just a game
HomeManagerClubMatch daySquadTransfersLeagueCompetitionsStatisticsCommunityHelpShop

View forum thread

CREATE
Create your football club from the ground up and establish yourself as a football manager.
MANAGE
Manage every aspect of your football club from player transfers to squad training.
COMPETE
Go head to head with thousands of football managers from all over the world.
Helpful Information
21st May 16 1:37 PM
jay_wiggy
Posts 1
Hey guys. I played iag a lot a few years ago when it was .com and have signed up again and am starting a team, but have the same problem as before. I have an aging squad and there is just no way I'm going to be able to replace them all with the transfer market system as it is. Is there any way I can get new players in, I've is the youth system feasible for finding short terms replacements? I need my squad to be around 30 rated to be competitive, and I particularly need a gk, full back and striker.

Thanks in advance!

20th Jun 16 6:11 PM
Rhys_hope7
Posts 17
Hi im new to this new itsgoal. Was a member about 3 years ago and just trying to get back into it. Loads to do with developing the stadium and getting rid of the old guys and replacing them with youngsters! So going to crack on and hopefully build a solid team

20th Jun 16 8:50 PM
Kejeas
Posts 725
Quote:
Originally posted by Rhys_hope7
Hi im new to this new itsgoal. Was a member about 3 years ago and just trying to get back into it. Loads to do with developing the stadium and getting rid of the old guys and replacing them with youngsters! So going to crack on and hopefully build a solid team

Welcome to the new IAG! Or just welcome back to IAG in general

Don't forget the help files and the forums if you need anything. There's a wealth of info around the place.
Also, there is planned developments to the game in the future. Check out the forums and have a read through. Exciting times ahead !

Good luck with your team and you know where we are if you need anything

20th Jun 16 8:57 PM
Rhys_hope7
Posts 17
Thank you mate. Yeah i appreciate any help i can get so ill have a read through. I remember the finances were a big issue for me. But im hoping to build from the bottom and keep an eye on them

22nd Jun 16 6:55 PM
Kejeas
Posts 725
Finances are still very important!!!

If you need anything else, feel free to pop a PM over

22nd Jun 16 8:49 PM
Rhys_hope7
Posts 17
Quote:
Originally posted by Kejeas
Finances are still very important!!!

If you need anything else, feel free to pop a PM over

Cheers mate! At the minute im only paying 20k wages so its ok but all my players need new contracts by the end of the season! so should be a interesting season!

30th Jun 16 5:04 PM
Bigfatrooster
Posts 1
Hi all. I am new. Any one fancy having a look at my team and giving suggestions? All tips, advice and blatant misinformation welcome
Thanks.
G

30th Jun 16 5:21 PM
cristianzambrana
Posts 363
Quote:
Originally posted by Bigfatrooster
Hi all. I am new. Any one fancy having a look at my team and giving suggestions? All tips, advice and blatant misinformation welcome
Thanks.
G
Hi welcome to the game. You have quite a few good players there. Look at the attributes on a player. Even if the player has a low score it shows he has potential to train well and he can become a good player. I'm sure you will improve that team. Starting at the bottom is not such a bad thing. It will give you a chance build a strong team before you make it to the premiership. Good luck with the game.

26th Sep 16 7:12 AM
Whistler
Posts 4
Hi. Completely new here.

First game today. What do I do with subs? Leave on auto for now? Do subs come on?

How about 3 basic tips. What do newbies get wrong that sets them back.

26th Sep 16 2:12 PM
scotty1962
Posts 3,249
Quote:
Originally posted by Whistler
Hi. Completely new here.

First game today. What do I do with subs? Leave on auto for now? Do subs come on?

Part1# ... No, you have to make the decisions.

Where do I start?

Give us a shout via PM and maybe I can help a little, good to have you here, spread the word !!

26th Sep 16 7:14 PM
Firesilver
Posts 968
Quote:

1. Well, you've actually started at the perfect time. There's just been an overhaul of the match engine and it looks like plenty has changed. So a lot of the "old hands" will be testing just as much as you!

Trial and error are the best ways to test things, but specifically regarding substitutes, leaving them on auto is probably not advisable as the game could easily take off your best player or top goalscorer. Better to control it to some extent. "Weakest player" will remove the player in the lowest form, I believe, but I could be wrong because I rarely (if ever) use it- all my substitutions are given clear instructions of take off Player A and replace him with Player B. This also gives you control over your players' match fitness, which affects how well they train. If a player is not playing in matches and not getting match fitness, they will train considerably slower than someone playing regularly- but you also need to manage their fatigue. Different managers have different opinions on how high fatigue can go before it affects a player's performance on the pitch. Myself, I never let a player's fatigue go above 10 if possible.

2. The thing new players usually get wrong is thinking you can make decisions in the short term. Financial control is a huge aspect of running your club. It is very easy to go out and spend big on talented players that your club actually doesn't really need- and paying them big wages your club can't afford. Similarly, it's tempting to think that expanding your stadium immediately will bring in more money so you can spend big in future. It doesn't always work like that- you need to win matches as well to draw the fans in. So it's a balance of improving both the squad and the stadium steadily. Again, trial and error. Very few managers will succeed at their first club. Don't be afraid to test things- you can always move to a new club if things go horribly wrong!

3. Read the forums and the help files. There's a lot of useful things in there. Be wary when reading the forums as people will have differing opinions on many things, some of which will not be correct. So take everything you read in, but be sure to test it yourself to see if it's actually correct. The help files contain factually correct information while the forums contain more speculation- but since the forum information isn't common knowledge, if you find something is right you have an advantage that other people don't have.

Also don't be afraid to PM other managers asking for help. Most of them are more than willing to answer questions and offer pointers. In the past, sharing game-sensitive information was not permitted, but the rules have been relaxed and we can now say what we like! Again, just be aware that we all have our own opinions and some may not be entirely correct.

Good luck!

26th Sep 16 8:27 PM
mitchell
Posts 481
Quote:
Originally posted by Firesilver
"Weakest player" will remove the player in the lowest form, I believe, but I could be wrong

I think 'Weakest Player' takes off the most fatigued but Firesilver is right, I'd recommend taking control of substitutions rather than leave it to chance too much.

29th Sep 16 6:43 AM
Whistler
Posts 4
Tx Firesilver and Mitchell.

Tips on subs, fatigue and finances taken in.

To new to sign players, so that is good. One small stadium improvement snuck in the last day of last season.

My midfield and attack seem ok for now. GK and defence need a bit of a boost. Will look how that can be done without wrecking the bank balance, and without having too many extra, unnecessary players.

How late do you leave it to sign new contracts with existing players?

29th Sep 16 10:45 AM
Jija
Posts 72
Quote:
How late do you leave it to sign new contracts with existing players?
Depends on their age for me. If it's an older player who is only likely to sign a 1 year extension, then I'll leave until 10-15 days, to give me a couple of bites at the cherry. If it's a younger player that I want to get the best deal with, then I'll negotiate hard with about 20-25 days left on their contract.

Good luck Whistler.

29th Sep 16 10:58 AM
mitchell
Posts 481
Everything is just opinion and different people will do different things. I usually wait until about 10 days left for younger players. Once a player gets over 30 I usually do it much earlier at maybe 50 days to ensure I avoid the dreaded "I'm going to retire at the end of my current contract" message. I'm probably doing it totally wrong though!

29th Sep 16 2:01 PM
ozzymac
Posts 2,877
I tend to look at their rating rather than days left.

In my experience a 39 rated player will demand a lot less than a 40 rated player, a 49 less than a 50 and so on.

30th Sep 16 4:33 AM
Whistler
Posts 4
Tx for all the help.

16th Nov 16 8:17 PM
naijaprince
Posts 37
hi all
am new here, waiting for season 9.,

16th Nov 16 8:51 PM
adam28
Posts 1,666
Quote:
Originally posted by naijaprince
hi all
am new here, waiting for season 9.,
Welcome to iag.

16th Nov 16 9:09 PM
stripey
Posts 6,137
Welcome, Naija. Are you going to get yourself a club?

Copyright © 2024 - IAG Games Ltd. All rights reserved.
Disclaimer | Privacy policy | Terms of use | Rules of game