ITSAGOAL.org - More than just a game
HomeManagerClubMatch daySquadTransfersLeagueCompetitionsStatisticsCommunityHelpShop

View forum thread

CREATE
Create your football club from the ground up and establish yourself as a football manager.
MANAGE
Manage every aspect of your football club from player transfers to squad training.
COMPETE
Go head to head with thousands of football managers from all over the world.
Helpful Information
17th Mar 23 8:52 PM
andyoz
Posts 176
Put in a few one day adverts now! Then if you drop tomorrow you will still get better coaches based on todays rating of 6500.

Then when you have a couple of better staff and hopefully a better coach you will find it easier to stay about the 6500 mark.

19th Mar 23 6:10 AM
leamark
Posts 166
Quote:
Originally posted by andyoz
Put in a few one day adverts now! Then if you drop tomorrow you will still get better coaches based on todays rating of 6500.

Then when you have a couple of better staff and hopefully a better coach you will find it easier to stay about the 6500 mark.

Thanks

23rd Mar 23 2:50 PM
operation_ivy
Posts 18
i'm up to 6461 with hopefully 10 million coming into the bank in a few days so got the ad in for a new coach with fingers crossed. is it 6500 needed or 6501?

23rd Mar 23 4:01 PM
AKRAZY
Posts 229
Quote:
Originally posted by operation_ivy
i'm up to 6461 with hopefully 10 million coming into the bank in a few days so got the ad in for a new coach with fingers crossed. is it 6500 needed or 6501?

Good luck, when you get to 6501 and you start chasing 7501 you will soon realise 6501 was easy

23rd Mar 23 7:01 PM
Firesilver
Posts 983
I've been slowly crawling towards 4500 this season, just snuck past yesterday. Can't even imagine how hard 6500 is going to be. Never made it there in the last version of IAG.

23rd Mar 23 8:42 PM
operation_ivy
Posts 18
Quote:
Originally posted by AKRAZY
Good luck, when you get to 6501 and you start chasing 7501 you will soon realise 6501 was easy
I'm not holding my breath for that one

27th Mar 23 11:06 PM
leamark
Posts 166
New 6500 coaches started
First day amazing improvements in player ratings
First time for many seasons
Reminds me of the good old days when IAG first started and all players increased daily

30th Mar 23 8:14 PM
operation_ivy
Posts 18
Quote:
Originally posted by leamark
New 6500 coaches started
First day amazing improvements in player ratings
First time for many seasons
Reminds me of the good old days when IAG first started and all players increased daily

Congratulations. Good to see those last few points can be achieved. Still around 30 to 40 points adrift myself

19th Apr 23 9:13 AM
Lemmy
Posts 472
Quote:
Originally posted by AKRAZY

I'll second that

25th Apr 23 9:01 PM
operation_ivy
Posts 18
Just got to 6503 today. Put an ad in for new coaches 2 days ago (just did a 3 day search) and put a quick 1 day ad for the other staff just now. Only got a reserve game tomorrow so gotta hope I don't drop back below 6501 on tomorrow's update. Been hovering just below 6500 for a few weeks now and got an 81 rated player retiring in a few days so it's tomorrow or bust

25th Apr 23 10:10 PM
ramster59_2nd
Posts 2
Quote:
Originally posted by andyoz

Sorry, is it your rating on the day the application closes or opens that affects the applications' ratings?
I'm confused how you get coaches based on 'todays rating' if you drop the following day, in this example.

I just hit 4501 today and the 1 day applicants all seem to be similar ratings to my current staff so I'm thinking maybe do another 1 day application again...

25th Apr 23 10:15 PM
Firesilver
Posts 983
Quote:
Originally posted by ramster59_2nd
Sorry, is it your rating on the day the application closes or opens that affects the applications' ratings?

Closes.

26th Apr 23 8:07 PM
operation_ivy
Posts 18
Dropped back below 6500 today so only had the one day above but managed to time it right to get next level staff

26th Apr 23 8:31 PM
chyperhondriac
Posts 281
Quote:
I just hit 4501 today and the 1 day applicants all seem to be similar ratings to my current staff so I'm thinking maybe do another 1 day application again...

If you think you can maintain the 4501 level then go for a longer advert. But remember that everyone's level will drop on the new season until the first game gets played.

27th Apr 23 7:23 PM
ramster59_2nd
Posts 2
Quote:
Originally posted by chyperhondriac
If you think you can maintain the 4501 level then go for a longer advert.

Already lost it

Quote:
But remember that everyone's level will drop on the new season until the first game gets played.

Didn't know that, thanks. How big a factor is league position on club points? Is the division tier also a big factor?

27th Apr 23 7:32 PM
chyperhondriac
Posts 281
Quote:
Didn't know that, thanks. How big a factor is league position on club points? Is the division tier also a big factor?

I believe it's 20 points per position. I originally assumed that was for all five divisions, for a total of 2,000 points, but then someone said the division didn't matter. I don't know where all the points come from if that's the case.

27th Apr 23 7:43 PM
Firesilver
Posts 983
Quote:
I don't know where all the points come from if that's the case.

I'm not entirely 100% sure on this myself, but I think this is a good clue to point you in the right direction (more experienced managers, please feel free to correct the bracketed section below):

Almost every single source (except for 1, I believe) of club rating points is displayed on a single page in IAG. Which page? Have a guess.

27th Apr 23 8:19 PM
roland68
Posts 980
Quote:
I believe it's 20 points per position. I originally assumed that was for all five divisions, for a total of 2,000 points, but then someone said the division didn't matter. I don't know where all the points come from if that's the case.

Yes, 20 pts per position and it resets each season, that's why everyone loses points on day 1. If you get promoted or relegated, it makes no difference.

27th Apr 23 8:29 PM
roland68
Posts 980
Quote:
Originally posted by Firesilver
I'm not entirely 100% sure on this myself, but I think this is a good clue to point you in the right direction (more experienced managers, please feel free to correct the bracketed section below):

Almost every single source (except for 1, I believe) of club rating points is displayed on a single page in IAG. Which page? Have a guess.

I'd guess you're referring to the Board page?

27th Apr 23 8:49 PM
chyperhondriac
Posts 281
Quote:
Originally posted by Firesilver

Quote:
Originally posted by roland68
I'd guess you're referring to the Board page?

Yes, I thought as much... I'm still trying to work out the exact contributions though

Quote:
Originally posted by roland68
Yes, 20 pts per position and it resets each season, that's why everyone loses points on day 1. If you get promoted or relegated, it makes no difference.

Seems a bit strange that top of division 5 would get 200 points more than middle of division one, but que sera, sera.

Copyright © 2024 - IAG Games Ltd. All rights reserved.
Disclaimer | Privacy policy | Terms of use | Rules of game