ITSAGOAL.org - More than just a game
HomeManagerClubMatch daySquadTransfersLeagueCompetitionsStatisticsCommunityHelpShop

View forum thread

CREATE
Create your football club from the ground up and establish yourself as a football manager.
MANAGE
Manage every aspect of your football club from player transfers to squad training.
COMPETE
Go head to head with thousands of football managers from all over the world.
Helpful Information
15th May 23 9:14 PM
Lemmy
Posts 470
Quote:
Originally posted by chyperhondriac
Yes, I thought as much... I'm still trying to work out the exact contributions though

Average player rating gets around 40 points for each increase so a lot.

Average staff rating gets around 7 points for each increase.

15th May 23 9:34 PM
roland68
Posts 980
Quote:
Originally posted by Lemmy
Average player rating gets around 40 points for each increase so a lot.

Average staff rating gets around 7 points for each increase.

35 for APR, I reckon...

15th May 23 10:01 PM
chyperhondriac
Posts 280
Hmm, interesting. Thanks both! I am trying to keep an eye on my rating to work those things out. Difficult when numbers change by 0.1 or less at a time

16th May 23 11:03 AM
roland68
Posts 980
Quote:
Hmm, interesting. Thanks both! I am trying to keep an eye on my rating to work those things out. Difficult when numbers change by 0.1 or less at a time

What's changing by 0.1 or less at a time

16th May 23 1:03 PM
TopGun2
Posts 570
Quote:
Originally posted by roland68
What's changing by 0.1 or less at a time
Player trainable attributes change by tiny amounts sometimes, difficult to notice unless you download the squad attributes file regularly and compare the green/red arrows.

16th May 23 1:27 PM
chyperhondriac
Posts 280
Quote:
Originally posted by TopGun2
Player trainable attributes change by tiny amounts sometimes, difficult to notice unless you download the squad attributes file regularly and compare the green/red arrows.

Yes and even if one player's rating goes up by one it could actually only be from 64.4 to 64.5...and since the APR is an average of all the ratings it will be going up even more slowly.

16th May 23 2:26 PM
roland68
Posts 980
Quote:
Yes and even if one player's rating goes up by one it could actually only be from 64.4 to 64.5...and since the APR is an average of all the ratings it will be going up even more slowly.

Ah okay, player ratings, I wasn't sure which ratings you were thinking about.

One thing to be aware of is that APR is not simply the "average of all the ratings",
it's not as easy to work out as it sounds.

16th May 23 3:40 PM
chyperhondriac
Posts 280
Quote:

One thing to be aware of is that APR is not simply the "average of all the ratings", it's not as easy to work out as it sounds.

Yes fair point, I misspoke slightly. I got the impression it was the average excluding the lowest two players or so.

Either way, it doesn't go up quickly enough!

3rd Jun 23 9:44 PM
chyperhondriac
Posts 280
So, riddle me this...

Quote:
Originally posted by Piper_FC

Points: 6504, Value: 79.8M, APR: 69, ASR: 51, Pos: 1, PPG: 2.78

A good target for 6501 would be ~70 APR, ~73 Club worth, 1st place in your league.

Quote:
Originally posted by kaidiac
Mission accomplished 2nd in the league, player rating 69, club value over 100 million... Team rating 6545 and in negotiations with new staff atm

Today I sit 5th in the league, APR 74, ASR 51, club value 94M...rating 6458

According to the points mentioned on this thread and elsewhere and assuming kaidiac also had 51 ASR
-Piper: 958 (value) + 2415 (APR) + 357 (ASR) + 400 (position) = 4130
--2374 extra points
-kaidiac: 1200 (value) + 2415 (APR) + 357 (ASR) + 380 (position) = 4352
--2193 extra points
-me: 1128 (value) + 2590 (APR) + 357 (ASR) + 320 (position) = 4395
--2036 extra points

Piper had 300 extra points... so what am I missing

5th Jun 23 4:54 PM
Piper_FC
Posts 1,360
Quote:
So, riddle me this...

According to the points mentioned on this thread and elsewhere and assuming kaidiac also had 51 ASR
--2374 extra points
--2193 extra points
--2036 extra points

There's a bit more that goes into the formula, but I don't know how to figure that out prceisely. One thing that I do know about the extra points is that there's some relatively large amount of points that's based on "performance" - I had points per game in my early thinking about this as something aside from division position that gives an indication of performance, but that didn't track as well as I had hoped.

An earlier version of IAG used a 5-year lookback window for performance so how well each team did over the previous few seasons still mattered (and that may related to the weirdness of day 1's CR that's always a huge drop that gets slowly rectified as matches get recorded). There may be some aspect of that - since when I hit this I had rocketed up the divisions, the last 5 years looked pretty good and that could partially explain differences in the "extra points" category, though I'm just speculating.

The topic at hand
In terms of your progress to 6501, you are so close! You just need 43 points - since an APR is worth 35 points, one of those would get you almost all the way there. If you were able to bump up a few spots in the league, that could get you there, too! If you could find the 6 million to max out your value, that would get you there as well. Some of those will be easier than others, but hopefully you can identify a route to get there and end up bumping over the top!

What do you think would work best/easiest for you?

5th Jun 23 6:53 PM
chyperhondriac
Posts 280
Quote:
There's a bit more that goes into the formula, but I don't know how to figure that out prceisely. One thing that I do know about the extra points is that there's some relatively large amount of points that's based on "performance" - I had points per game in my early thinking about this as something aside from division position that gives an indication of performance, but that didn't track as well as I had hoped.

Thanks for the reply! Yeah, I thought it might be something like that especially as there were some posts recently about points coming from cup performance. I've had some bad draws in recent seasons that have led to early exits but if I could make good progress in the Super Cup that might help. I've not seen points coming in after each round but I wonder whether they get calculated when you get knocked out, like the prize money.

Quote:

In terms of your progress to 6501, you are so close! You just need 43 points - since an APR is worth 35 points, one of those would get you almost all the way there. If you were able to bump up a few spots in the league, that could get you there, too! If you could find the 6 million to max out your value, that would get you there as well. Some of those will be easier than others, but hopefully you can identify a route to get there and end up bumping over the top!

What do you think would work best/easiest for you?

It's interesting looking back at your original post and some others on KevinHann's tips thread...seems like there are more 6501/7501 teams than there were. I think without a really fortunate draw in the first few games any team in my position would struggle to get top three at any point. Certainly out of my grasp this season.

I reckon if I sell a few of my weaker players (one ending today) that will increase my value slightly and bump up my APR. That should just be enough. The nuclear option is to promote and sell one of my better youths but I really want to keep them to be the backbone of my future squad.

5th Jun 23 7:55 PM
Piper_FC
Posts 1,360
Quote:
Thanks for the reply! Yeah, I thought it might be something like that especially as there were some posts recently about points coming from cup performance. I've had some bad draws in recent seasons that have led to early exits but if I could make good progress in the Super Cup that might help. I've not seen points coming in after each round but I wonder whether they get calculated when you get knocked out, like the prize money.

It's interesting looking back at your original post and some others on KevinHann's tips thread...seems like there are more 6501/7501 teams than there were. I think without a really fortunate draw in the first few games any team in my position would struggle to get top three at any point. Certainly out of my grasp this season.

I reckon if I sell a few of my weaker players (one ending today) that will increase my value slightly and bump up my APR. That should just be enough. The nuclear option is to promote and sell one of my better youths but I really want to keep them to be the backbone of my future squad.

Yes, selling weaker players is a great way to go about it. Selling a low-rated player seems to give slightly less APR than buying a new top-tier starter, but I think the way that APR is calculated is pretty complicated so I like to just use general ideas and work from there. Still, selling a low-rated player should get you close or above as it can give cash (+CR from increased club value) and APR (++CR from APR change). If you can get one APR and slightly more than his market value (i.e., his market value is 2m and you sell him for 4m) from the transfer fee, then you will net the difference in club value and that would probably be enough to get above 6501.

APR calculations are a bit funny particularly with player sales/purchases, so you might not see how the transfer fully affects your CR for a day or two after the sale happens. Hopefully you will find out soon enough! Keep us updated and good luck

5th Jun 23 7:58 PM
Firesilver
Posts 983
Quote:
Thanks for the reply! Yeah, I thought it might be something like that especially as there were some posts recently about points coming from cup performance.

Let me be clear here, my understanding was based on the previous version of IAG and I haven't been around long enough to thoroughly test whether anything has changed. You should certainly not take anything I suggest to be absolute fact.

That said, many of my club's other factors have started to stagnate this season compared to previous ones (APR only up 3 points compared to previous seasons being closer to 10, no staff improvement, league position identical, finances only marginally better etc), and 5 seasons ago the club was relegated from the third tier. It's possible, but by no means certain, that the 5 season cycle is still a factor, given that we've gained just under 500 points so far this season.

5th Jun 23 9:30 PM
roland68
Posts 980
Cup performance can have quite an impact on CR points, both wins and especially defeats, which can hugely impact the top clubs. It also depends on how many cups you are in and previous performances.

7th Jun 23 7:05 AM
chyperhondriac
Posts 280
Quote:

APR calculations are a bit funny particularly with player sales/purchases, so you might not see how the transfer fully affects your CR for a day or two after the sale happens. Hopefully you will find out soon enough! Keep us updated and good luck

Yeah, I thought I had it worked out to an extent but then my actual APR started to track higher than my estimated one! As I said before, there's a lot going on beyond the decimal point that we don't see anyway, one sale went through yesterday and the update to CR normally comes through the day later I think so let's see tonight.

Quote:
Originally posted by Firesilver
Let me be clear here, my understanding was based on the previous version of IAG and I haven't been around long enough to thoroughly test whether anything has changed. You should certainly not take anything I suggest to be absolute fact.

I think you were close enough to the truth

Quote:
Cup performance can have quite an impact on CR points, both wins and especially defeats, which can hugely impact the top clubs. It also depends on how many cups you are in and previous performances.

Fingers crossed I get a few cushy Super Cup draws then!

10th Jun 23 11:49 AM
roland68
Posts 980
Quote:
So, riddle me this...

--2374 extra points
--2193 extra points
--2036 extra points

I think this is simply down to the fact that Piper's team has a long history of winning league titles, cups and decent cup runs.

On the contrary, Dessert FC have won just a few lower-division titles and no cups.

10th Jun 23 1:45 PM
chyperhondriac
Posts 280
Quote:
I think this is simply down to the fact that Piper's team has a long history of winning league titles, cups and decent cup runs.

On the contrary, Dessert FC have won just a few lower-division titles and no cups.

Rub it in why don't you I take the point, I hadn't appreciated how much past performance had an effect on points. The League Cup win on the run up to Piper's original post must have helped a lot.

I'd suggest that nowadays that would be a lot harder for a 6000s team to replicate, so more needs to be invested in squad rating and club value - as I'm seeing.

14th Jun 23 8:06 PM
chyperhondriac
Posts 280
!!!

14th Jun 23 9:25 PM
Piper_FC
Posts 1,360
Quote:
!!!

GAH!!!!! So close - 6500

Do you have a home match tomorrow? Will you be under 100m so ticket sales will push you over? That could be all you need!

14th Jun 23 9:46 PM
chyperhondriac
Posts 280
Quote:
GAH!!!!! So close - 6500

Do you have a home match tomorrow? Will you be under 100m so ticket sales will push you over? That could be all you need!

If only the top bidder from my last sale hadn't pulled out I'd have the extra 100k that might have done it

But yeah I have a home match tomorrow so should make 250k profit which should just do it! Plus a marginal increase in club rating from training...fingers crossed

Copyright © 2024 - IAG Games Ltd. All rights reserved.
Disclaimer | Privacy policy | Terms of use | Rules of game