ITSAGOAL.org - More than just a game
HomeManagerClubMatch daySquadTransfersLeagueCompetitionsStatisticsCommunityHelpShop

View forum thread

CREATE
Create your football club from the ground up and establish yourself as a football manager.
MANAGE
Manage every aspect of your football club from player transfers to squad training.
COMPETE
Go head to head with thousands of football managers from all over the world.
Helpful Information
15th Jun 23 8:15 PM
chyperhondriac
Posts 281
That did the trick just squeaked in there, but it counts.

One day ads going out now!

15th Jun 23 8:28 PM
Lemmy
Posts 472
Quote:
Originally posted by chyperhondriac

Well done now go for 7501

15th Jun 23 9:04 PM
chyperhondriac
Posts 281
Quote:
Originally posted by Lemmy
Well done now go for 7501

I'm coming for you

30th Jun 23 9:58 PM
chyperhondriac
Posts 281
Quote:

It's been a couple of weeks now and everything has settled back down so a quick update if anyone is interested...

The stats that got me to the magic 6503 were: value 94.9M, APR 74, ASR 51, league position 5th. As discussed earlier, past seasons' performance counts towards the score and nowadays it seems it's a lot tougher for a 6000s club to win something other than a lower Inter cup. Hence the higher club value and APR required, although I did have a few bad cup draws so maybe with some more luck in the preceding seasons I could have got there earlier.

I'll admit I probably didn't get there in the most sustainable way, buying some older high rating players and holding off on youth promotions to keep the APR up. Also I cut the squad down a lot so I'm going to have to do a big rebuilding job. However, I've got the coaches now and although I've lost nearly 50M club value from purchases I've got nearly eleven players under 22 that have 75-80 potential as well as a couple more good quality youths to come through. The next job once that core is more well trained is to clear out the under 70s players.

Thanks to everyone who gave me advice on the way, on here and in PM. Now I can be a bit more leisurely in my return to 6501 and maybe sneak an Inter cup win to help me to the 7000s

10th Jul 23 1:37 PM
DanJ
Posts 5
is division relevant for CR? would my CR be higher if i was 6th/7th/8th in prem than if i was 1st/2nd/3rd in Division 1.

10th Jul 23 2:03 PM
Firesilver
Posts 983
Quote:
Originally posted by DanJ
is division relevant for CR? would my CR be higher if i was 6th/7th/8th in prem than if i was 1st/2nd/3rd in Division 1.

It definitely ought to be, but sadly it isn't. It's considerably better for your club rating to constantly sit 4th in the Championship than be mid-table in the Premiership.

10th Jul 23 2:32 PM
Colemak
Posts 3
Quote:
Originally posted by Firesilver
It definitely ought to be, but sadly it isn't. It's considerably better for your club rating to constantly sit 4th in the Championship than be mid-table in the Premiership.

After noticing this, I decided that my strategy should be trying to have players training at high intensity at all times, even if it means not playing the best players occasionally so that I can better manage their fatigue.

11th Jul 23 4:07 AM
DanJ
Posts 5
when i started playing this my thinking was to build my stadium up for when i hit the prem, once there, sponge off the big clubs for attendances, that should have kept the finances healthy to build everything else over time.
lol so it seems ive wasted well over 100m, and will be lingering in div 1 for atleast another 2 seasons while i try hit 6.5k
"wondering what that 100m+ would do for my CR"

25th Jul 23 10:26 PM
chyperhondriac
Posts 281
Quote:
Originally posted by Colemak
After noticing this, I decided that my strategy should be trying to have players training at high intensity at all times, even if it means not playing the best players occasionally so that I can better manage their fatigue.

That's mostly what I do for the first couple of seasons, work them hard until they're ready to go in the first team and then give them a breather. The tricky bit is when they're good enough for the squad but still have a few points more to improve, especially in the harder to train attributes. Keep working then hard to train them up or ease off so they're fresher for the games?

Quote:
Originally posted by DanJ
when i started playing this my thinking was to build my stadium up for when i hit the prem, once there, sponge off the big clubs for attendances, that should have kept the finances healthy to build everything else over time.
lol so it seems ive wasted well over 100m, and will be lingering in div 1 for atleast another 2 seasons while i try hit 6.5k
"wondering what that 100m+ would do for my CR"

You'll have a nice big stadium for when you do make it at least! I reckon you could get more income though, you'd only need a TP of 14 to match your current income and I'm sure you'd be able to fill your stadium at 16/17.

8th Aug 23 8:29 PM
maddog17_2nd
Posts 403
Finally made it past 6,500 with new staff arriving tomorrow

19th Aug 23 10:50 AM
wilson23
Posts 128
Well 6,487 was as close as I got this season... we go again!

Does anyone know if stadium size has a direct impact on club rating in the same way that APR, ASR, club value etc do?

19th Aug 23 11:14 AM
TopGun2
Posts 570
I've reached the point in my club development that I wish I was still maintaining the spreadsheets I used to have. Finally getting the cash in for my high quality youths and have shot up the ratings as expected. I'm a smidge short so now I'm facing the choice of managing a potentially huge tax bill and would I be better to pay the tax, spend on some players or push into the stadium even though my TP is still kinda low.

I need some financial forecasts damnit.

25th Aug 23 12:17 PM
Euro_2nd
Posts 24
Right, time for me to focus on hitting 6501. I have been hovering in Bund 2 for a good few years in the hope I would reach that figure before going up. Now is the time to throw everything at it....

Current status:
Club Rating: 5888
Club Value 107.8m (good)
ASR 51 (fine)
APR 56 (bad)
Position 1st (can maintain this)

Notes:
I clearly need to improve APR, I have lots of young players that can improve nicely. I will need to sell a couple of the lower potential ones and bring in some golden oldies.
Side note: I have already made a profit of 27m this season, so will be due a tax hit at end of season. I have some 2/3 good youths that will be ready to promote in S54 (might have to sell once promoted)

Any advice for my specific situation? Clear I need to focus on APR for now and get it to around 70. I can't let myself get promoted as Bund is too strong for this mission.

25th Aug 23 7:48 PM
chyperhondriac
Posts 281
Quote:
Originally posted by Euro_2nd
I need to focus on APR for now and get it to around 70

And the rest with your current points I reckon you'll need to be on 72+, I was on 74, admittedly with a lower league position and slightly less club value.

How quickly are your young kids still training? If you want to get there quickly I think you have to be really aggressive, sell ruthlessly from the bottom of your ratings even if you're moving on low quality players for a pittance. Then you need to decide whether selling a couple of future first teamers for the immediate ratings boost is worth it.

Then you'll need to bring in some golden oldies like you say - you've got a bit of leeway in your spending since you're over 100M but you'll need to watch it as once you're under that the cost of a new player outweighs the impact on club rating in most cases.

Don't promote anyone unless you're resolved to immediately sell them and reinvest in fully trained players.

Or you could take your time and let your team train up, gradually push out the low quality players with younger higher quality ones... probably more sustainable and that's the approach I'm taking with my second attempt at getting to 6501 and this time staying there.

26th Aug 23 1:26 PM
Euro_2nd
Posts 24
Quote:
And the rest with your current points I reckon you'll need to be on 72+, I was on 74, admittedly with a lower league position and slightly less club value.

How quickly are your young kids still training? If you want to get there quickly I think you have to be really aggressive, sell ruthlessly from the bottom of your ratings even if you're moving on low quality players for a pittance. Then you need to decide whether selling a couple of future first teamers for the immediate ratings boost is worth it.

Then you'll need to bring in some golden oldies like you say - you've got a bit of leeway in your spending since you're over 100M but you'll need to watch it as once you're under that the cost of a new player outweighs the impact on club rating in most cases.

Don't promote anyone unless you're resolved to immediately sell them and reinvest in fully trained players.

Or you could take your time and let your team train up, gradually push out the low quality players with younger higher quality ones... probably more sustainable and that's the approach I'm taking with my second attempt at getting to 6501 and this time staying there.

Thanks for the advice. I have been trying the sustainable long term approach for a while but something always comes up like a youth promotion or best players ageing etc and now its getting harder each season to avoid promotion.

I think I am going to throw everything at 6501 in the hope that I can make it sometime next season. I have had a tinker around on a spreadsheet and if I sell my 4 lowest rated players and swap them for 75+ oldies and raise the level of all my trainable youngsters by around 10+ I should start to get into the 6501 ballpark

26th Aug 23 2:33 PM
chyperhondriac
Posts 281
Yep, Sexton, Hubert and Bender look like they could go and between them you might get enough for one or even two older players. I guess you wouldn't want to sell those younger players you've just bought.

When I did it, anyone under 65 got the chop unless they were still growing, apart from one defender who I really needed for cover. Even my very first youth promotion had to go, it was an emotional farewell when he packed up his locker

31st Aug 23 8:10 PM
wilson23
Posts 128
Quote:
Originally posted by wilson23
Well 6,487 was as close as I got this season... we go again!

Does anyone know if stadium size has a direct impact on club rating in the same way that APR, ASR, club value etc do?

Back up to 6,478 today with some transfer funds coming in over the next couple days to boost the club value from 96.7M to 100M+ (should add about 36-40 points if my understanding is correct), and possibly a boost to average player rating by getting rid of one of my lower rated players, Friedrich (although I still can't work out how that number's calculated!).

Could just do with maintaining this league position now...

2nd Sep 23 5:26 PM
Euro_2nd
Posts 24
Quote:
Originally posted by Euro_2nd
Right, time for me to focus on hitting 6501. I have been hovering in Bund 2 for a good few years in the hope I would reach that figure before going up. Now is the time to throw everything at it....

Current status:
Club Rating: 5888
Club Value 107.8m (good)
ASR 51 (fine)
APR 56 (bad)
Position 1st (can maintain this)

Notes:
I clearly need to improve APR, I have lots of young players that can improve nicely. I will need to sell a couple of the lower potential ones and bring in some golden oldies.
Side note: I have already made a profit of 27m this season, so will be due a tax hit at end of season. I have some 2/3 good youths that will be ready to promote in S54 (might have to sell once promoted)

Any advice for my specific situation? Clear I need to focus on APR for now and get it to around 70. I can't let myself get promoted as Bund is too strong for this mission.

Update:
Club Rating: 6051
Club Value 104.3m
ASR 51
APR 59
Position 2nd

Since I started I have promoted 2 youth players that I am aiming to sell ASAP.
Sold Sexton - 28 rated DF for around 3m
Bought a 35 year old, 81 rated DF to replace Sexton

Going in the right direction, but feels a stretch to make it to the magic number this season. I have another 2-3 weeks to play with this season before I have to make a decision on promotion

2nd Sep 23 8:03 PM
wilson23
Posts 128
Quote:
Back up to 6,478 today with some transfer funds coming in over the next couple days to boost the club value from 96.7M to 100M+ (should add about 36-40 points if my understanding is correct), and a boost to average player rating by getting rid of one of my lower rated players, Friedrich (although I still can't work out how that number's calculated!).

Could just do with maintaining this league position now...
There we go! 6,532

2nd Sep 23 8:21 PM
AndyP
Posts 26
Quote:
There we go! 6,532

Well done...Bet that's a good feeling. Get all those staff in quick!

Copyright © 2024 - IAG Games Ltd. All rights reserved.
Disclaimer | Privacy policy | Terms of use | Rules of game