ITSAGOAL.org - More than just a game
HomeManagerClubMatch daySquadTransfersLeagueCompetitionsStatisticsCommunityHelpShop

View forum thread

CREATE
Create your football club from the ground up and establish yourself as a football manager.
MANAGE
Manage every aspect of your football club from player transfers to squad training.
COMPETE
Go head to head with thousands of football managers from all over the world.
New General Discussions Forum
« Prev12Next »
8th Dec 23 12:54 AM
Firesilver
Posts 979
Season review thread
Still wondering if we can please get a sticky instead of having to remake this thread every season just as the old one drops off the list

There's still the Super Cup quarter-finals onwards to go of course, but for us mere mortals that can only dream of getting that far, the season's basically done with.

How have you fared?

Somehow, despite one of my worst ever weeks on IAG (matchday 14 to 22 we lost 6 out of 8 competitive matches), we've managed the scrape our way to 7th on the final day- with 2 of my rivals on the same points score and 1 more one point behind. Phew! Far beyond my expectations. The League Cup was a real breakthrough as we got our first win against one of Brazil's Big 3 but then disappointingly got knocked out in the quarters to a team we could have beaten if we'd got the home draw. The Super Cup went OK until we drew a top 20 club, but we still took them to penalties!

An absolutely stonking season in terms of squad growth as we promoted 3 youths all with 90s FAs. Also signed a 23yo GK with FAs in the 80s and even got the money back by selling my 30yo GK.

Along with a bumper sale for an unneeded striker, we should make around 13M profit, and our bank balance is almost back to where we started off at when I took the club over. TPs have had to drop a bit to keep the stadium full but that was always going to happen in the game's toughest division.

Altogether, delighted with how the season has gone and now the focus turns to training up my young superstars to join my first team and take the club to the next level in a few seasons' time.

8th Dec 23 8:53 PM
chyperhondriac
Posts 278
Your turn to start the thread this season we could keep this one alive every couple of weeks

Off pitch, a pretty good year. I had a couple of good promotions, one of which I sold for a pretty penny. That's allowed me to reinvest in midfield strength and expand the stadium. Now every player bar two is (or will be once trained) 70+ rating and next season my strongest lineup should have a preview in the 80s.

All that has allowed me to reach 6501 again and this time it's with a sustainable squad instead of some aging superstars. Onwards and upwards, I hope.

I'll have my very first 100-rated youth promoting next season with a few other promising kids coming up through the ranks.

On the pitch - well, I made fifth in the league again and managed to take points off three of the top four which is an achievement in itself.

The cups however were a disaster - League Cup, immediately drew the one top four team I have never beaten (guess how that turned out). Inter and Super Cup I managed to get dumped out in the first round on penalties both times. That won't be much help for my rating so fingers crossed for better draws all round next season.

8th Dec 23 9:27 PM
euromyside
Posts 31
To annoy firesilver....

I'm finally back at the bottom of the league after this relegation. A good 224 days wait.
In the meantime, my best team gives me an overall rating of 70. I have some players untrained from resting them permanently but have now started to train them.

I've kept all my 5500 club rating staff.

I've decided on the final expansion of my stadium today.

I will be the richest Serie E team in Brazil. With the mindset of trying to hit 100m (not there), I somehow feel that my relegation hasn't been too bad as my club rating of 46 00is just 1000 down from the top division, probably partly down to the profits I have been making whilst not going over 10m to be taxed 40%.

It was nice knocking Firesilver out of some of the knock out competitions last season and this season. Not heard from him, but it was a bit of luck too.

Very desperate to move back up but might sit at the bottom of the league for a while and finish 4th a few seasons.

8th Dec 23 9:39 PM
ramster59
Posts 29
38 wins from 38 games in the league. Achieved what I set out to this season. Two solid youth promotions this season and with a 97/97/97 striker being promoted next week, we will be spending some big bucks next season to improve our squad.

Poor showing across the three cups so I'm hoping to go further next season and especially

Undecided on whether I want to get promoted next season into the royal rumble of Brazil Serie A, or sit in B for a couple more seasons before the suffering truly begins.

9th Dec 23 8:36 PM
andyoz
Posts 176
Quite a season for Tectonic Mango and the biggest surprise, it's not over yet! After never having made it past the QF of the Super Cup this season we are in the final. A shock win on pens yesterday against the number one ranked side Newcastle United. A very tough final game against Bubba FC, and to be fair, just to make it to the final is a shock, to win it would be incredible.

The league has not gone quite to plan. Finished second, despite going 37 games unbeaten right up to the last game of the season. Then in an epic last game with the team in second, JDS, they won 2-1 after we had a player sent off. Thus leapfrogging Tectonic Mango and claiming the title themselves.

The disappointment of the league has quickly been forgotten though with the excitement of the cup. Off the field we have strengthened the squad and the first team is now stronger than it has ever been. A very good season overall, and who knows, maybe after tomorrow it will be even better!

9th Dec 23 9:22 PM
AndyP
Posts 25
All in All a good season for Runnymede Rangers.

We managed to finish 5th in the league so we qualify for the Inter Cup in S55. Also was able to field our highest rated team ever of 79 (when all the players were available) and managed to nick more points of the top 4 clubs, including a win against league winners Greenholm Rangers.

In the cup our performance was not so good, getting knocked out by Bksliten in the German Cup at RD3 and Viktoria Schwanshauzen in RD 5 of IAG.

Also managed some stadium improvements which come on line in a week or so.

Determined to get over 6501 next season by hopefully selling some players and building up the bank balance. Fingers crossed

9th Dec 23 9:58 PM
stripey
Posts 6,150
Quote:
Originally posted by andyoz
Quite a season for Tectonic Mango and the biggest surprise, it's not over yet! After never having made it past the QF of the Super Cup this season we are in the final. A shock win on pens yesterday against the number one ranked side Newcastle United. A very tough final game against Bubba FC, and to be fair, just to make it to the final is a shock, to win it would be incredible.

The league has not gone quite to plan. Finished second, despite going 37 games unbeaten right up to the last game of the season. Then in an epic last game with the team in second, JDS, they won 2-1 after we had a player sent off. Thus leapfrogging Tectonic Mango and claiming the title themselves.

The disappointment of the league has quickly been forgotten though with the excitement of the cup. Off the field we have strengthened the squad and the first team is now stronger than it has ever been. A very good season overall, and who knows, maybe after tomorrow it will be even better!

That's an amazing win you've had today, Andy! Best of luck in the final.

31st Jan 24 2:12 PM
Firesilver
Posts 979
Well, since there's already nothing left for my club to play for, I guess let's get this out the way...

After 3 seasons of overperforming in Brazil Serie A I suppose a bad season was going to come along eventually, and here it is. Finishing 11th in the table is actually surprising considering we've only won 1 match against teams above us in the table all season, and that was a fluke of RNG. Injuries have played their part, but really it's just been a bad season and I may have to rethink my match tactics going forwards until I can train up my midfielders.

Cups weren't too bad, reaching the expected round for our club rating, although 1 home and 6 away draws weren't exactly what I'd hoped in terms of gate income. Got a decent payday in the Super Cup last 128 match at least.

Squad wise it hasn't been a stellar season either as my top midfielder retired and my youngsters have almost all ended up with an injury at some point during the season which has affected their training. No transfer activity and only a small improvement in average squad rating and preview rating. Uninspiring.

We haven't even done too well financially as squad wages have started to rise and stadium income has started to drop. We should make a small profit and avoid tax, so that's something at least.

When your proudest achievement is going unbeaten all season against your higher-ranked reserve buddy then you know it's been a bad one

A season to forget and roll on next season where I hope we can get back into the top half at least.

31st Jan 24 9:44 PM
rambocat
Posts 404
we, fc woodlawn have won promotion back to série a while winning the série b title but my goal to finish the season with 38 wins is still yet to be fulfilled.
we are away to fluffy ducks on the last day and they are pretty formidible, especially in their attack.
to be continued...

1st Feb 24 9:35 AM
ramster59
Posts 29
Quote:
Originally posted by rambocat
we are away to fluffy ducks on the last day and they are pretty formidible, especially in their attack.

perfect time to play us as all our players have 15/20+ fatigue from intense end of season training.. and the holiday to Cancun booked

1st Feb 24 9:55 AM
Mr_Cantona
Posts 11
Not much to report really.

I won some games, finished 8th, took on A new member of staff and my players are pretty crap, just deciding what to do with them.

Aims for next season: finish 4th, hopefully get some youth players, maybe buy and sell some senior players, and defo get some new staff soon.

1st Feb 24 10:51 AM
FootballManager
Posts 298
Check out the winner takes all fixture at the top of the English Premier League today, Tectonic Mango vs Jds FC.

The potential season review after that match is going to be good

1st Feb 24 5:00 PM
rambocat
Posts 404
Quote:
Originally posted by rambocat
to be continued...

we dominated série b all season up until the last two matches and did complete a 38 win season with an away win at fluffy ducks.

Quote:
Originally posted by ramster59
perfect time to play us

good game, ramster. you had me behind for only the second time this season in the league. good luck next season!

1st Feb 24 7:13 PM
AndyP
Posts 25
Well what can I say...Nearly, nearly, nearly, nearly!
Runnymede Rangers set our targets for S55 as:

Club Rating 6501 - Got to 6,300
4th round in the league Cup - Got to RD2
6th round in the IAG Super Cup - Got to RD4
Top 6 in Bundesliga - Finished 7th

We had to get a draw in our last league game against Champs Inter Milager. We managed that! But arch rivals Surfers Locker got 3 goals in their game so finished equal on points AND Goal difference. They pipped us to 6th due to winning more games probably

Like I said...nearly

1st Feb 24 7:19 PM
pleasantsurprise
Posts 6,330
Well done on getting that draw Andy.

Surfers scored 4 more goals than you. That's what clinched it.

1st Feb 24 8:44 PM
AndyP
Posts 25
Quote:
Originally posted by pleasantsurprise
Well done on getting that draw Andy.

Surfers scored 4 more goals than you. That's what clinched it.

Thanks for letting me know PS. That last minute goal had me running around the living room

1st Feb 24 10:10 PM
chyperhondriac
Posts 278
Another good season in the league for me, getting a few results off the big four and culminating in my first ever top flight fourth placed finish. I even did it on points instead of goal difference after an unexpected draw with 2nd in game 37.

I continued my dismal run in the cups, with some unlucky draws and bad performances. Always next season.

Still not reaching the fabled 80-rating matchday preview on the regular - I can, but with a formation that's not ideal. I need a bit more strength in defence and midfield for that.

Development-wise, I brought in a new young goalkeeper although that was really in response to the slight disappointment over the one I promoted. He'll be moving on next season. I did promote a top fullback though so he should boost my defence rating once he's trained up.

I also took the plunge and set up a second account - only ten days in but managed to avoid promotion from the bottom division so I can satisfy Firesilver and have a proper tilt at the title next season

1st Feb 24 10:26 PM
pleasantsurprise
Posts 6,330
Quote:
Originally posted by AndyP
Thanks for letting me know PS. That last minute goal had me running around the living room

Haha!! I can just picture you!

2nd Feb 24 9:19 AM
Glosterra_2nd
Posts 16
Another league win for the milagers. Congratulations Pleasant.

2nd Feb 24 10:58 AM
andyoz
Posts 176
Quote:
Originally posted by FootballManager
Check out the winner takes all fixture at the top of the English Premier League today, Tectonic Mango vs Jds FC.

The potential season review after that match is going to be good

This was exactly the same as last season!

Last season, Tectonic Mango were ahead on points going into a last game decider against Jds FC. A late winner for Jds game them the title!

Yet again, last game of the season against JDS. Level on points with Tectonic Mango having the better goal difference.

This time TM won 2-1 and took the title. Amazing that 2 seasons in a row it went right down to a last game decider. I will be checking the fixtures list in a few days time to see if yet again game 38 is TM against Jds.

« Prev12Next »

Copyright © 2024 - IAG Games Ltd. All rights reserved.
Disclaimer | Privacy policy | Terms of use | Rules of game