ITSAGOAL.org - More than just a game
HomeManagerClubMatch daySquadTransfersLeagueCompetitionsStatisticsCommunityHelpShop

View forum thread

CREATE
Create your football club from the ground up and establish yourself as a football manager.
MANAGE
Manage every aspect of your football club from player transfers to squad training.
COMPETE
Go head to head with thousands of football managers from all over the world.
Helpful Information
4th Nov 19 8:14 PM
Doink
Posts 114
Well it is the Scottish league after all!!
In all seriousness great start.

17th Nov 19 6:23 PM
RoganJosh
Posts 77
In response to "A dying game", some suggestions for gameplay fixes:

1) Guaranteed youth player promotions, so the game doesn't have to rely on manager churn and club resets to replenish the talent pool.

2) Free agent pool, also for the reason listed in 1).
a) Free agents should have a minimum sign-on fee so the players are "free" only in the sense that they are unattached to a club.
b) Free agents who have not been signed by a club for a period of time (1 season for example) must retire.
c) Players at a club with 8 days left on their contract and are i) not in contract negotiations, or ii) due to retire at the end of their current contract, should be auto transfer listed at minimum price by the board, to prevent accidental free agents.

3) New managers should not be assigned to a club in the top division.

4) Vacant clubs should be open to manager applications.

Also like the idea of shrinking the field to 400 clubs. As things are 2/3 of the clubs are vacant.

17th Nov 19 7:51 PM
Spencer29
Posts 23
400 clubs is a good idea even if it takes detailed decoding but I believe this change can be quicker than all other suggestions.

Rookie league 100 clubs in 5 divisions, max player ratings 55 but in premiership 65

Graduate league 100 clubs in 5 divisions, max player ratings 65 but in premiership 75

Semi pro league 100 clubs in 5 divisions, max player ratings 75 but in premiership 90+

Pro league; 100 clubs in 5 divisions, player ratings from 1-100.

Each manager is placed in the league according to their current status.

I think new managers would stay longer if they were in a league/world they have a chance to compete. Having 4 leagues/worlds would create greater emphasis of team tactics, club structure etc.

Relegation fights can be as exciting as just been stuck in midtable, as can 6 or more teams having title challenges in premiership or promotion fights.

Any team dropping out of the world they are in, say, professional world to semi pro world have to sell any player rated to high for the world they drop into.

I do not see why all the top managers especially the top 20 wouldn't want to all be in the same league, if not good enough then they are relegated instead of just sitting in midtable and this goes for any managers in any world. promoted or relegated.

I know if I am playing 20 managers in my division of my world and I miss out on promotion then its fine because it comes down to club tactics and structure, rather than knowing like in the 3rd division of my world, the top 3 teams should be midtable premiership sides not division 3 sides with players rated in 80s.

Yes the game is not real, but it is more than just a game, which European league would you find even a 33yr old striker rated one of the best in the world playing in the equivalent of league 1 or 2?

Yes the best players should be all in the professional world as should the best managers all be in there too all competing fairly.

I know myself even if I was in the rookie world I would still follow all the top manages playing and scrapping it out each day!

16th Feb 21 1:35 PM
mcdude90
Posts 8
Contract Negotiations
When offering a player or staff a contract it would be useful to have the fields automatically filled out with the same values as the player or staff is requesting.
It is rather time consuming having type the wage, match bonus and signing on fee each time when offering a contract.
Plus, it is more difficult on a phone/tablet and easy to make a mistake.
Alternatively have a button like 'match terms' that automatically fills in the fields to the same as the player/staff is requesting.
Also have plus and minus buttons for each field to increase or decrease the offers.

Transfer bidding
It would also be nice to have the bidding value set to a default value the player has been listed for.
Again have plus and minus buttons to increase/decrease the bid.

18th Feb 21 10:24 PM
Lemmy
Posts 469
If we are looking at improvements with simple coding changes then how about increasing the number of youths allowed in the academy to 16. I can't see that being a big coding change.

18th Feb 21 11:17 PM
Trickyuk
Posts 181
Quote:
Originally posted by Lemmy
If we are looking at improvements with simple coding changes then how about increasing the number of youths allowed in the academy to 16. I can't see that being a big coding change.

Agreed although maybe not 16

11th Mar 21 4:37 PM
RoscoRich
Posts 3
Are there going to be improvements regarding youth players actually accepting contracts for promotion to the youth team? I had 4 players last season who we're in their second season who left when looking to promote them. My team is down to the bare minimum. Surely it would be a good idea to at least have the chance to negotiate the contract (as in real life) rather than them just leave

11th Mar 21 9:51 PM
FootballM_2nd
Posts 129
Quote:
Originally posted by RoscoRich
Are there going to be improvements regarding youth players actually accepting contracts for promotion to the youth team? I had 4 players last season who we're in their second season who left when looking to promote them. My team is down to the bare minimum. Surely it would be a good idea to at least have the chance to negotiate the contract (as in real life) rather than them just leave

How long did they have left on their youth contract when you tried to promote them?

The general consensus seems to suggest that the less days left, the better...maybe 2-3 days.

11th Mar 21 10:09 PM
Lovemaster2nd
Posts 263
Quote:
Originally posted by FootballM_2nd
How long did they have left on their youth contract when you tried to promote them?

The general consensus seems to suggest that the less days left, the better...maybe 2-3 days.
C'mon FM, stop acting like a wanabee mod! Most of us know the YA stinks, and we want to see significant change.

11th Mar 21 10:19 PM
FootballM_2nd
Posts 129
Quote:
Originally posted by Lovemaster2nd
C'mon FM, stop acting like a wanabee mod! Most of us know the YA stinks, and we want to see significant change.

Asking a question and offering advice is not trying to be a mod, it?s being helpful.

You should try it sometime rather than slating the free to play IAG (unlike most other online/mobile games) at every opportunity.

11th Mar 21 10:19 PM
Lovemaster2nd
Posts 263
Quote:
On that note, It's somewhat reassuring that there is interest being shown lately by Ron, that's encouraging.

11th Mar 21 10:37 PM
Lovemaster2nd
Posts 263
Quote:
Asking a question and offering advice is not trying to be a mod, it?s being helpful.

You should try it sometime rather than slating the free to play IAG (unlike most other online/mobile games) at every opportunity.
Hold on a minute here, I've never slated the game. I have subscribed over 20 managers out of my own pocket (I'm not a millionaire) some, through competitions, some on a whim - because of their loyalty.
Sometimes, sweet-talk, get's you nowhere.
You should try lending your weight to what really matters....the games future!

11th Mar 21 10:38 PM
FootballM_2nd
Posts 129
Quote:
On that note, It's somewhat reassuring that there is interest being shown lately by Ron, that's encouraging.

Congratulations on your positive reply (to your own reply in the first place).

Hopefully Ron continues to have time to put some effort in to IAG and implement some enhancements.

In the mean time, hopefully you can force yourself to continue replying with helpful or constructive input, rather than having a dig at a manager who was answering a question based on the current YA functionality!

11th Mar 21 10:40 PM
FootballM_2nd
Posts 129
Quote:
Hold on a minute here, I've never slated the game. I have subscribed over 20 managers out of my own pocket (I'm not a millionaire) some, through competitions, some on a whim - because of their loyalty.
Sometimes, sweet-talk, get's you nowhere.
You should try lending your weight to what really matters....the games future!

So when the first batch of changes were announced were you not replying with negative feedback? Surely some changes are better than none?

You are not the only one who has put their own time or effort or funds in to the game.

There are other things happening in the background.

Edit: please feel free to delete these as it?s off topic.

11th Mar 21 11:06 PM
Lovemaster2nd
Posts 263
Quote:
So when the first batch of changes were announced were you not replying with negative feedback? Surely some changes are better than none?

You are not the only one who has put their own time or effort or funds in to the game.

There are other things happening in the background.

Edit: please feel free to delete these as it?s off topic.
It's my opinion - not designed to be negative feedback, take it as you will.
Sadly, Colins, left the game.(he was my inspiration to do more)
Come see - Come sa.

12th Mar 21 7:43 AM
FootballM_2nd
Posts 129
Quote:
It's my opinion - not designed to be negative feedback, take it as you will.
Sadly, Colins, left the game.(he was my inspiration to do more)
Come see - Come sa.

It was sad to see Collins leave, especially with the friendly competitions that were run.

And I don?t think it?s against the rules for non moderators to post helpful replies or advice, so less of this.

Quote:

12th Mar 21 11:08 AM
Lovemaster2nd
Posts 263
Quote:
It was sad to see Collins leave, especially with the friendly competitions that were run.

And I don?t think it?s against the rules for non moderators to post helpful replies or advice, so less of this.

Fair enough mate.(Just banter)
You'd get my vote for a mods badge any day.

29th Mar 21 3:55 PM
mcdude90
Posts 8
Quote:
Originally posted by mcdude90
Contract Negotiations
When offering a player or staff a contract it would be useful to have the fields automatically filled out with the same values as the player or staff is requesting.
It is rather time consuming having type the wage, match bonus and signing on fee each time when offering a contract.
Plus, it is more difficult on a phone/tablet and easy to make a mistake.
Alternatively have a button like 'match terms' that automatically fills in the fields to the same as the player/staff is requesting.
Also have plus and minus buttons for each field to increase or decrease the offers.

Transfer bidding
It would also be nice to have the bidding value set to a default value the player has been listed for.
Again have plus and minus buttons to increase/decrease the bid.

Also for transfers, have a watchlist that you can add transfer listed players on.
When a player's listing has ended they can then be automatically deleted from the list.
But it would be also be useful to see how much they were sold for first so maybe have a delay of a few days then before deleting a player from the watchlist.

4th Apr 21 8:32 PM
Lemmy
Posts 469
I'd like to see more age range groups on the pull down in scouting preferences.

E.g. 11 to 12, 13 to 14, 15 to 16, 17 to 18. The current 11 to 15 is too broad or an ability to choose your own age range.

4th Apr 21 11:32 PM
cristianzambrana
Posts 363
I would like to see a no minimum transfer fee. A few times I let some players leave because I wanted them off the wage bill and the minimum transfer fee was too high. Maybe they would have been useful to a team with no money. If you could sell them for 20 quid it would almost be like a free transfer.

Copyright © 2024 - IAG Games Ltd. All rights reserved.
Disclaimer | Privacy policy | Terms of use | Rules of game