ITSAGOAL.org - More than just a game
HomeManagerClubMatch daySquadTransfersLeagueCompetitionsStatisticsCommunityHelpShop

View forum thread

CREATE
Create your football club from the ground up and establish yourself as a football manager.
MANAGE
Manage every aspect of your football club from player transfers to squad training.
COMPETE
Go head to head with thousands of football managers from all over the world.
New General Discussions Forum
23rd Mar 24 9:32 PM
almahaza
Posts 297
Quote:
Originally posted by rambocat
i just promoted a player who was "slim" in the academy and is 91kg after promotion. thats 200 pounds, not exactly slim.
He is seven foot tall though....

23rd Mar 24 9:43 PM
rambocat
Posts 406
Quote:
Originally posted by almahaza
He is seven foot tall though....

6 foot

24th Mar 24 3:33 AM
roland68
Posts 980
Quote:
Originally posted by rambocat
i just promoted a player who was "slim" in the academy and is 91kg after promotion. thats 200 pounds, not exactly slim.

Had a quick look at my squad and I found my two most recent tall/slim academy products are 94Kg and 97Kg

My youth coaches must be really keen on the weight training.

25th Mar 24 7:05 AM
Firesilver
Posts 983
My youth striker turned 17 earlier this season and he still hadn't moved from when I signed him- which was a 14 year old rated 57, perfectly balanced.

Throughout his 17th year though he's steadily increased by 3-7 points every week and is now rated a balanced 80.

He turns 18 on the 18th day of next season, so he has 3 more updates left to improve. Anyone want to make a guess as to a) what his final youth rating will be and b) whether he turns out all 90s, all 80s or all 70s (if he successfully promotes)?

26th Mar 24 9:12 AM
roland68
Posts 980
Quote:
Originally posted by Firesilver
My youth striker turned 17 earlier this season and he still hadn't moved from when I signed him- which was a 14 year old rated 57, perfectly balanced.

Throughout his 17th year though he's steadily increased by 3-7 points every week and is now rated a balanced 80.

He turns 18 on the 18th day of next season, so he has 3 more updates left to improve. Anyone want to make a guess as to a) what his final youth rating will be and b) whether he turns out all 90s, all 80s or all 70s (if he successfully promotes)?

My guess would be based on how much his ratings jumped last time, which I don't know. But anyway, I'll go for 92 and he'll promote with all 90s.

26th Mar 24 9:45 PM
sullymcfc
Posts 68
Funny my 60 rated 17yo has just jumped 16 marks to 76 in one day hope he jumps some more before he?s 18

31st Mar 24 8:17 PM
Firesilver
Posts 983
Quote:
Originally posted by Firesilver

A 5-point jump last night probably guarantees he will be at least all 80s if he promotes. 2 training updates left to get to the 90s

3rd Apr 24 8:40 PM
ironpsycho
Posts 114
I?m actually quite excited.
My first really good youth is blossoming
Myamoto in my youth academy, hole player, is now 15.
He joined when he was 13 and rated 65. He?s now rated 92.
Fingers crossed, along with everything else.
I don?t know whether to promote when he turns 16, and cash in, or wait?
Views please.

3rd Apr 24 9:19 PM
AndyP
Posts 26
I tend to keep Wonder Kid players in the academy until they're at least 17 years old. I think this strategy increases the odds of them signing on the dotted line when you finally decide to promote them or when they turn 18...

Hope this helps

3rd Apr 24 9:34 PM
silkcut04_2nd
Posts 5
Quote:
Originally posted by ironpsycho
Views please.
i would wait till 18

3rd Apr 24 10:10 PM
chyperhondriac
Posts 281
Quote:
Views please.

If your coaches say he's reached his peak at his next renewal date I'd be tempted to promote then.

He's been with you long enough and as long as you haven't promoted loads of other youths recently you should be fine. I've had plenty of 16 year olds promote.

Also depends on whether you want to keep or sell - if you're keeping then earlier is better but if you're selling you'll get near enough the same bids for a 16 year old as a 17 or 18 year old. If you can wait the extra season for the cash that is.

Just don't blame me if it goes wrong

4th Apr 24 6:38 PM
ironpsycho
Posts 114
Quote:
Originally posted by chyperhondriac
If your coaches say he's reached his peak at his next renewal date I'd be tempted to promote then.

He's been with you long enough and as long as you haven't promoted loads of other youths recently you should be fine. I've had plenty of 16 year olds promote.

Also depends on whether you want to keep or sell - if you're keeping then earlier is better but if you're selling you'll get near enough the same bids for a 16 year old as a 17 or 18 year old. If you can wait the extra season for the cash that is.

Just don't blame me if it goes wrong

Appreciate all the responses. I?ll see what my coaches say at the next review.

4th Apr 24 8:23 PM
Mr_Cantona
Posts 18
Quote:
Appreciate all the responses. I?ll see what my coaches say at the next review.

When do these reviews take place?

4th Apr 24 8:53 PM
chyperhondriac
Posts 281
Quote:
Originally posted by Mr_Cantona
When do these reviews take place?

10 days before their contract ends, you'll get a message in your inbox

7th Apr 24 9:01 PM
TopGun2
Posts 570

Youth forward, Scriven, turned 18 today and came out better than expected!

7th Apr 24 9:18 PM
stripey
Posts 6,153
Quote:
Originally posted by TopGun2

Youth forward, Scriven, turned 18 today and came out better than expected!
Very nice, TG - what were you expecting, then?

8th Apr 24 7:33 PM
TopGun2
Posts 570
Quote:
Originally posted by stripey
Very nice, TG - what were you expecting, then?

Not an all 90s that's for sure!

9th Apr 24 4:16 PM
almahaza
Posts 297
A couple of questions:

Is it possible for a youth to improve more than once a week?

Is there a set day for youths to improve (a Sunday evening update?)?

I probably should know, I've been playing this game long enough, but i dont.

9th Apr 24 4:40 PM
pleasantsurprise
Posts 6,330
Quote:
Originally posted by almahaza
A couple of questions:

Is it possible for a youth to improve more than once a week? Yes

Is there a set day for youths to improve (a Sunday evening update?)?That used to be the case but since the youth system update it can be on any day of the week

I probably should know, I've been playing this game long enough, but i dont.

9th Apr 24 5:24 PM
Firesilver
Posts 983
Are you absolutely sure, PS? I've kept pretty detailed stats on my youths in the last 5-10 seasons and one of the columns in the spreadsheet is "Improvement day" which has always been on the same day of the week and never any other (for me at least). That's why I said my youth striker had only 3 more updates to improve when he was turning 18 in 3 weeks' time...

I track every youth daily as well (to confirm their birthday amongst other things) and I haven't had an "ff day" improvement during that entire time.

Copyright © 2024 - IAG Games Ltd. All rights reserved.
Disclaimer | Privacy policy | Terms of use | Rules of game