ITSAGOAL.org - More than just a game
HomeManagerClubMatch daySquadTransfersLeagueCompetitionsStatisticsCommunityHelpShop

View forum thread

CREATE
Create your football club from the ground up and establish yourself as a football manager.
MANAGE
Manage every aspect of your football club from player transfers to squad training.
COMPETE
Go head to head with thousands of football managers from all over the world.
New General Discussions Forum
5th Dec 23 9:29 PM
stripey
Posts 6,151
Quote:
Originally posted by ramster59
Just promoted my first ever youth player and I'm shocked! He was 79/85/95 in the youth squad and he's all 90+ fixed attributes!
Too good for me now, willing to listen to any offers
That must have been a nice surprise!

6th Dec 23 9:50 PM
stripey
Posts 6,151
Dear stripey,

Just a reminder that the contract for youth forward, Douglas Tyle, is now due for renewal. His contract expires in the next few days.

After supervising his training, our youth coaches report that Douglas Tyle has taken everything he can from the academy. He is ready to move on.

Douglas Tyle is 15 years old!

7th Dec 23 12:42 AM
Firesilver
Posts 983
Honestly, those messages are a bunch of rubbish half the time. I got a message saying that one of my more recent acquisitions has "Started to show some quality, still a long road ahead yet". He literally hasn't moved from the rating I recruited him at a season previously.

7th Dec 23 2:19 PM
Piper_FC
Posts 1,358
Quote:
Originally posted by Firesilver
Honestly, those messages are a bunch of rubbish half the time. I got a message saying that one of my more recent acquisitions has "Started to show some quality, still a long road ahead yet". He literally hasn't moved from the rating I recruited him at a season previously.

There's information in many of them (other than the ones that tell you they don't know what's going on), it's on us to figure out what they mean

8th Dec 23 9:21 PM
Paskal4
Posts 1
Hello,
I'm new to the game and this is my first post. I hope I'm not asking a stupid question
I already know that the potential of players in the youth academy depends on whether their attributes are balanced. Also, does it matter what their build and height are? Also, does their nationality play a role?

8th Dec 23 9:54 PM
chyperhondriac
Posts 281
Quote:
Originally posted by Paskal4
Hello,
I'm new to the game and this is my first post. I hope I'm not asking a stupid question
I already know that the potential of players in the youth academy depends on whether their attributes are balanced. Also, does it matter what their build and height are? Also, does their nationality play a role?

The only stupid question is the one you don't ask welcome!

From the makeup of the top teams I'd say any effect nationality does have is minimal if it even exists. No language barriers or homesickness in IAG!

I've never seen build and height discussed on this thread or elsewhere so again, it doesn't seem to be a consideration for most people. It could have an effect but I don't know about it.

9th Dec 23 12:56 AM
Firesilver
Posts 983
I always prefer looking for taller players and an athletic or muscular build depending on their position, but if a short fat kid turns up with potential to hit 100 rating I'm taking him regardless

9th Dec 23 2:39 AM
rambocat
Posts 406
just promoted a goalkeeper, he picked up a knock on his first day of training
go figure..

9th Dec 23 10:52 AM
stripey
Posts 6,151
Quote:
Originally posted by rambocat
just promoted a goalkeeper, he picked up a knock on his first day of training
go figure..
Hard luck! Was he short and fat, by any chance?

9th Dec 23 3:10 PM
chyperhondriac
Posts 281
Quote:
I always prefer looking for taller players and an athletic or muscular build depending on their position, but if a short fat kid turns up with potential to hit 100 rating I'm taking him regardless

My slim youth promotions seem to weigh more than my muscular one go figure

9th Dec 23 5:01 PM
rambocat
Posts 406
Quote:
Originally posted by stripey
Hard luck! Was he short and fat, by any chance?

hes about 5 foot 8 and just under 190 pounds. he was listed as musulcar in the academy.

9th Dec 23 10:01 PM
stripey
Posts 6,151
Quote:
I have a very promising 16-year-old - Bankole Omorede. He's a left-footed defender, currently rated 99/99/99. I usually wait until they're 18 or about to turn 18, and haven't been turned down for a good number of seasons, but also in the YA I have a trio of 17-year-olds, all of whom are worthwhile, but not as good as Omorede. I think my best bet may be to aim to promote one in each of the next four seasons, and keep my fingers crossed.

Having read his last youth report, and having a bit of a gap in my promotions, I offered Omorede a place in my senior squad. Thankfully, he accepted. He was rated 100/100/100 as a 16-year-old, and the last message about him suggested that he had learned all he could. He's turned out well - all 90s.

10th Dec 23 8:40 AM
roland68
Posts 980
I've just promoted Fishman, he's got the best fixed atts of any player I've ever had. I wonder if he can fulfill the potential he appears to have.

10th Dec 23 9:00 AM
andyoz
Posts 176
Quote:
Originally posted by roland68
I've just promoted Fishman, he's got the best fixed atts of any player I've ever had. I wonder if he can fulfill the potential he appears to have.

Wow! He is incredible, best fixed stats I have ever seen.

10th Dec 23 11:41 AM
stripey
Posts 6,151
Quote:
Was he rated 100 all round as a youth?

10th Dec 23 1:23 PM
roland68
Posts 980
Quote:
Was he rated 100 all round as a youth?

No, not a 100 youth. He was rated 92 (90/91/95) yesterday. He was actually still improving, but to avoid having two youths reaching 18 at the same time next season, I promoted him yesterday because it was the end of his current contract.

So, this was a bit of a lucky one...

10th Dec 23 4:49 PM
stripey
Posts 6,151
Quote:
No, not a 100 youth. He was rated 92 (90/91/95) yesterday. He was actually still improving, but to avoid having two youths reaching 18 at the same time next season, I promoted him yesterday because it was the end of his current contract.

So, this was a bit of a lucky one...
Interesting - it suggests that the youth ratings, as far as we can read them from three statistics, are not wholly indicative of their prospects. One of the game's great mysteries!

10th Dec 23 7:22 PM
Firesilver
Posts 983
Well, we already know that there are often players that are not quite as good as they appear- and the occasional one that's better than they appear, based upon their fixed attributes. (Example: a player with lowest FAs in the 70s that maxes out about 60-65 rating.) Perhaps the youth academy rating is actually a better guide than the fixed attributes and this youngster will be a slight let down compared to his FAs- maybe only reaching high 80s when maxed out?

Or perhaps that's a load of rubbish and he will be IAG's first 97 rated pkayer

Will you keep us updated with how he trains up, roland?

11th Dec 23 1:04 AM
Firesilver
Posts 983
I think my eyes just nearly popped out of my head.

After not finding any really decent youths for several months my scout just turned up with a 14 year old centreback rated....98.

98!

I might just attempt to renegotiate the scout's contract to give him a pay rise!

Only problem is that the youth is short and fat

11th Dec 23 3:24 PM
stripey_2nd
Posts 282
Quote:
I think my eyes just nearly popped out of my head.

After not finding any really decent youths for several months my scout just turned up with a 14 year old centreback rated....98.

98!

I might just attempt to renegotiate the scout's contract to give him a pay rise!

Only problem is that the youth is short and fat
So it won't be long before your Youth Coach report comes through to say that he's learnt all he can......

Copyright © 2024 - IAG Games Ltd. All rights reserved.
Disclaimer | Privacy policy | Terms of use | Rules of game