ITSAGOAL.org - More than just a game
HomeManagerClubMatch daySquadTransfersLeagueCompetitionsStatisticsCommunityHelpShop

View forum thread

CREATE
Create your football club from the ground up and establish yourself as a football manager.
MANAGE
Manage every aspect of your football club from player transfers to squad training.
COMPETE
Go head to head with thousands of football managers from all over the world.
New General Discussions Forum
11th Dec 23 8:11 PM
chyperhondriac
Posts 281
Quote:
Originally posted by Firesilver
I think my eyes just nearly popped out of my head.

After not finding any really decent youths for several months my scout just turned up with a 14 year old centreback rated....98.

98!

I might just attempt to renegotiate the scout's contract to give him a pay rise!

Only problem is that the youth is short and fat

Very nice! Must be something in the air then, I've just found a 13 year old rated 73/73/74

12th Dec 23 8:41 PM
chyperhondriac
Posts 281
Well, can't complain about how young Baertschi has turned out

12th Dec 23 9:32 PM
stripey
Posts 6,151
Quote:
Originally posted by chyperhondriac
Well, can't complain about how young Baertschi has turned out
Very tasty!

14th Dec 23 3:09 AM
roland68
Posts 980
Quote:
Originally posted by stripey
Interesting - it suggests that the youth ratings, as far as we can read them from three statistics, are not wholly indicative of their prospects. One of the game's great mysteries!

A mystery it is for sure. Certainly youth ratings are not wholly indicative of the attributes they will attain on promotion, I've plenty of examples of that. I've promoted five 100-rated youths and none have fixed attributes that look this good. On the other hand I've promoted other 90+ rated youths whose attributes contain 8x ratings and they, as expected, have only reached low/mid-80s.

Also, I have two 92-rated defenders that came from my youth, Okopny and Alice. One was a 100-rated youth, the other was a 87-rated youth, can you tell the difference? (Neither has red bars so of course not exactly sure what their real maximum potential is.)

However, my experience of variance between youth and senior ratings is usually within around 10% of rating, the majority of promotions are close to what you'd expect, a few vary a little, and a very small number vary by a larger degree, like my Fishman.

There are exceptions but on the whole, I'd say fixed attributes once promoted are a more reliable indication of a player's prospect than the original youth rating.

Interested to hear any other views.

14th Dec 23 3:15 AM
roland68
Posts 980
Quote:
Originally posted by Firesilver
Perhaps the youth academy rating is actually a better guide than the fixed attributes and this youngster will be a slight let down compared to his FAs- maybe only reaching high 80s when maxed out?

Or perhaps that's a load of rubbish and he will be IAG's first 97 rated pkayer

Will you keep us updated with how he trains up, roland?

I expect he'll turn out somewhere between the two. The reality is we'll probably never know if he could reach 97 or not because coaching ability will limit that.

I'll try to remember and update in about 3 seasons.

14th Dec 23 3:19 PM
stripey_2nd
Posts 282
Quote:
Originally posted by roland68

Also, I have two 92-rated defenders that came from my youth, Okopny and Alice. One was a 100-rated youth, the other was a 87-rated youth, can you tell the difference? (Neither has red bars so of course not exactly sure what their real maximum potential is.)
Alice has lower bottom FAs than Okopny - 91 to 93. You're going to tell me that Alice was the 100-rated youth, I'm guessing.

14th Dec 23 4:43 PM
chyperhondriac
Posts 281
Quote:
Originally posted by stripey_2nd
Alice has lower bottom FAs than Okopny - 91 to 93. You're going to tell me that Alice was the 100-rated youth, I'm guessing.

My main takeaway was that Okopny looks like he could do a pretty good job up front for me

16th Dec 23 10:25 PM
Firesilver
Posts 983
Am I being a bit spoiled to say that I'm disappointed that my latest youth promotion is only FA 80s? To be fair, he was only rated 88 in the academy, but I was hoping for four 90+ players in a row.

What a last few weeks it's been. The buffed youth academy is absolutely incredible. There was no way you could ever take your club so far forward in such a short period of time in the past.

Given that this has been in the game for the last 2 years I'm genuinely surprised that there aren't more superclubs than there currently are.

17th Dec 23 2:37 AM
AKRAZY
Posts 229
Yeah it was buffed and then nerfed, a good idea would be able to have unlockable slots..

possibly doubling the YA size,

anyways a while ago I lost a few good players on my 2nd team as I lost my youth coaches,

went for a period of innactiveness on both accounts and it cost me on both accounts-

this account I made a League cup final without realising until maybe a week later lol.

on my 2nd account lost my youth coaches n youth players *slaps head*

but tbh I am only playing my 2nd account for the numbers anyways, so its all good.

17th Dec 23 11:16 AM
ramster59
Posts 29
Boubacar Dior (10), 16 year old striker - very happy with him

All 93+ FAs - he was 96/96/96 in my academy so this one should hopefully reach his potential.

Brazil's third richest club is about to get richer

17th Dec 23 1:15 PM
roland68
Posts 980
Quote:
Originally posted by stripey_2nd

Spot on! You're a genius Stripey_2nd!

As you mentioned lowest bottom FAs, I just checked my squad and found all my 100 rated youths have a 90 or 91 among their FAs, and all the other higher-rated youths have at least one 90, 91 or 92s. I'm starting to think it may be better to promote youths before they get too good

18th Dec 23 12:09 AM
AKRAZY
Posts 229
Quote:
Spot on! You're a genius Stripey_2nd!

As you mentioned lowest bottom FAs, I just checked my squad and found all my 100 rated youths have a 90 or 91 among their FAs, and all the other higher-rated youths have at least one 90, 91 or 92s. I'm starting to think it may be better to promote youths before they get too good

what age did you take him on? yet to find a completely balanced youth that stays completely balanced

18th Dec 23 12:35 AM
Firesilver
Posts 983
Quote:
Originally posted by AKRAZY
Yeah it was buffed and then nerfed, a good idea would be able to have unlockable slots..

possibly doubling the YA size

This was one of the ideas I put forward a long time ago during the Think Tank, where you could expand your maximum youth capacity by 1 for a large fee (similar to expanding your stadium but rather improving your youth facilities). Doubling it would be absolutely insane though. I think I suggested capping the academy size at 12 youths, and that was before it was possible to get FA 90s youths. Imagine if you could produce 4 or 5 FA 80s and 90s youths per season instead of 2 or 3, that would be as overpowered as Peregrinos.

That being said, I still can't refill my own academy following all these successful promotions (I'm being extremely picky though), so maybe it wouldn't be a huge deal.

18th Dec 23 3:27 PM
roland68
Posts 980
Quote:
Originally posted by AKRAZY
what age did you take him on? yet to find a completely balanced youth that stays completely balanced

Not sure which player you mean, but having checked, all three I've mentioned by name were taken on at the same age, so the answer is 14.

I'm a little surprised by your second sentence, I've found very few do vary and then only by a very small amount. That could potentially be greater if your signing balanced players at a very low rating.

18th Dec 23 9:52 PM
stripey
Posts 6,151
I think it's been pointed out before that the figures on youths' attributes are rounded to the nearest whole number, so if you take on one at 20/20/20, he could actually be 19.6/20.0/20.4 and if each attribute increases at the same rate, which appears to be what happens, the best he can reach is 96/98/100.
Pick up a youth at 10/10/10, and if he's 9.6/10/10.4, then his best rating would be 92/96/100.

19th Dec 23 3:03 PM
roland68
Posts 980
Quote:
Originally posted by stripey
I think it's been pointed out before that the figures on youths' attributes are rounded to the nearest whole number, so if you take on one at 20/20/20, he could actually be 19.6/20.0/20.4 and if each attribute increases at the same rate, which appears to be what happens, the best he can reach is 96/98/100.
Pick up a youth at 10/10/10, and if he's 9.6/10/10.4, then his best rating would be 92/96/100.

Agreed because I've said this a couple of times too. It's what I implied when I said that the variance could be greater when you sign players with a lower rating.

Still, back to AKRAZY's experience, after checking all my "completely balanced" youths over many seasons, only one has varied from a completely balanced set of three attributes. He is still in my academy, was signed at 42/42/42, and after more than two seasons has barely moved but is now 47/47/48.

All the others have remained perfectly balanced and apart from those still in my academy (who may or may not vary at some point), all have promoted with completely balanced atts, and at a rating of 97 or higher.

The lowest rated of them was 35 and he is still in my academy at 85/85/85.

So this I why I'm a little surprised at Akrazy's comment unless he's been signing "completely balanced" youths at 12/12/12 or 5/5/5, in which case, yes, there is a higher chance that they will vary at a later stage of development.

19th Dec 23 3:43 PM
AKRAZY
Posts 229
Quote:

Still, back to AKRAZY's experience, after checking all my "completely balanced" youths over many seasons, only one has varied from a completely balanced set of three attributes. He is still in my academy, was signed at 42/42/42, and after more than two seasons has barely moved but is now 47/47/48.

All the others have remained perfectly balanced and apart from those still in my academy (who may or may not vary at some point), all have promoted with completely balanced atts, and at a rating of 97 or higher.

The lowest rated of them was 35 and he is still in my academy at 85/85/85.

So this I why I'm a little surprised at Akrazy's comment unless he's been signing "completely balanced" youths at 12/12/12 or 5/5/5, in which case, yes, there is a higher chance that they will vary at a later stage of development.

I haven't found many with balanced atts in the 30s/40s range, mainly I settle for as balanced as possible. like the best I can get? It's much easier to find 5/5/5/ / 8/8 ofc but I don't really go for them and mainly when u search 11 YO you can find them, but then I'd be waiting a long time for a youth, the times when I do that is when I see that I am congested with a certain age in my YA knowing I'll have a group a youths coming out the same season, my best option would probably promo a couple before they turn 18 and then wait for the others.

20th Dec 23 8:24 PM
porkpie
Posts 233
A successful story of patience has just paid off for me.

Avvakir Mukhorov was brought into my academy 6 years ago aged 11. His stats were rated 11 in all areas.

He has just been promoted to the first team aged 17, he was rated a balanced 96 in the academy.

He's one I'm not selling, as he's a future captain.

It just goes to show, that talking a chance on very young balanced youth has just as much chance of progressing as a higher rated superstar that your scout finds.

20th Dec 23 8:34 PM
chyperhondriac
Posts 281
Quote:
Originally posted by porkpie
A successful story of patience has just paid off for me.

Avvakir Mukhorov was brought into my academy 6 years ago aged 11. His stats were rated 11 in all areas.

He has just been promoted to the first team aged 17, he was rated a balanced 96 in the academy.

He's one I'm not selling, as he's a future captain.

It just goes to show, that talking a chance on very young balanced youth has just as much chance of progressing as a higher rated superstar that your scout finds.

Very nice! With that leadership stat he's captain material for sure.

I got a bit worried that my new all-100 youth promotion was slowing down at some very disappointing skill levels...but it turns out he's just grumpy and unfit

20th Dec 23 8:44 PM
porkpie
Posts 233
Quote:
Originally posted by chyperhondriac
Very nice! With that leadership stat he's captain material for sure.

I got a bit worried that my new all-100 youth promotion was slowing down at some very disappointing skill levels...but it turns out he's just grumpy and unfit

He just needs to play some games.

I've just replaced my ex youth with a balanced 51 14 year old midfielder. That's why I took a risk on promoting him as my scouts found the new mid a few days ago, and there was no room at the inn

Copyright © 2024 - IAG Games Ltd. All rights reserved.
Disclaimer | Privacy policy | Terms of use | Rules of game