ITSAGOAL.org - More than just a game
HomeManagerClubMatch daySquadTransfersLeagueCompetitionsStatisticsCommunityHelpShop

View forum thread

CREATE
Create your football club from the ground up and establish yourself as a football manager.
MANAGE
Manage every aspect of your football club from player transfers to squad training.
COMPETE
Go head to head with thousands of football managers from all over the world.
New General Discussions Forum
2nd Nov 23 1:16 PM
BubbaGump
Posts 473
Thanks everyone. Very pleased with him will let you know how well he trains up..

2nd Nov 23 8:23 PM
BubbaGump
Posts 473
Promoted another tidy GK in the recent update too

2nd Nov 23 9:27 PM
chyperhondriac
Posts 281
Quote:
Originally posted by BubbaGump

What are you feeding your kids over there??

I see my old youth Mendes is doing alright for himself

2nd Nov 23 9:39 PM
chyperhondriac
Posts 281
Quote:
Originally posted by chyperhondriac
Well fair play to this kid, he's up to 83/82/78 with one more possible improvement before he turns 18. Will I get an at least 80s-rated player to cash in on?

In other news , I got excited by a 81-rated youth turning up in my scouts reports... 97/81/67

I'm sure you've all been waited with bated breath to hear how this guy turned out. One last improvement last night and he's now at 87/85/82, due to turn 18 tomorrow. Fingers crossed he promotes, and then he's straight on the transfer list

As for how you Oracles did, I think Stripey and Andy were neck and neck:

Quote:
Originally posted by stripey
87/87/82

Quote:
Originally posted by AndyP
I'm going 85 - Don't think he's got enough time to reach 90's

2nd Nov 23 9:50 PM
andyoz
Posts 176
Quote:
Originally posted by BubbaGump

I've promoted one fixed 90's youth in the past ten seasons, and you've just done two in two days! I'm in awe. Especially when they are both keepers as well, very well done.

3rd Nov 23 9:39 PM
chyperhondriac
Posts 281
Quote:
I'm sure you've all been waited with bated breath to hear how this guy turned out. One last improvement last night and he's now at 87/85/82, due to turn 18 tomorrow. Fingers crossed he promotes, and then he's straight on the transfer list

Well, he seems to have turned out alright - perhaps a bit too alright to be believed!

4th Nov 23 12:35 PM
roland68
Posts 980
Quote:
Well, he seems to have turned out alright - perhaps a bit too alright to be believed!

Think my guess was that he could reach 90

4th Nov 23 1:24 PM
chyperhondriac
Posts 281
Quote:
Originally posted by roland68
Think my guess was that he could reach 90

Tell you what, sling me 50M and your coaches can find out

10th Nov 23 8:05 PM
chyperhondriac
Posts 281
Ah, if only Zebedee Lightfoot had had slightly more balanced attributes, what a name!

As it is, I'm on my fifth or sixth round of scouting and still nobody worth recruiting for my two empty spots

10th Nov 23 8:56 PM
porkpie
Posts 233
Quote:
Ah, if only Zebedee Lightfoot had had slightly more balanced attributes, what a name!

As it is, I'm on my fifth or sixth round of scouting and still nobody worth recruiting for my two empty spots

It depends on what you are looking for. I've just took on a balanced 12 year old striker. All stats rated 8.

The other thing is that he's 7ft 6.

11th Nov 23 9:08 AM
andyoz
Posts 176
Quote:

That's nothing, I've had two empty spots for over a season. Can't find anyone worth adding to the academy. Very annoying.

11th Nov 23 9:09 AM
andyoz
Posts 176
Quote:
Originally posted by porkpie
It depends on what you are looking for. I've just took on a balanced 12 year old striker. All stats rated 8.

Wow! If he doesn't make it as a football player he could maybe give the NBA a try.

11th Nov 23 9:33 AM
chyperhondriac
Posts 281
Quote:
Originally posted by porkpie

am I missing something? I can only see whether my youths are short/average/tall.

Quote:
Originally posted by andyoz
That's nothing, I've had two empty spots for over a season. Can't find anyone worth adding to the academy. Very annoying.

I cracked and recruited a less than balanced youth, he won't make it to all 90s but if he can get to 80s that's better than nothing.

11th Nov 23 9:39 AM
porkpie
Posts 233
Quote:
am I missing something? I can only see whether my youths are short/average/tall.

It was a joke

11th Nov 23 4:46 PM
stripey
Posts 6,152
Quote:
That's quite a lot better than I thought he'd be.

12th Nov 23 11:26 AM
chyperhondriac
Posts 281
Quote:
Originally posted by stripey
That's quite a lot better than I thought he'd be.

Yes, although whether he is actually as good as those attributes suggest...

12th Nov 23 11:48 AM
Firesilver
Posts 983
Quote:
Yes, although whether he is actually as good as those attributes suggest...

You're not doing yourself any favours if you eventually come to transfer list him... but the honesty is refreshing so fair play to you

This is it, big week for my club. Last day of potential improvement for my 98-rated and 93-rated youths before I promote them. One improves Tuesday and the other on Wednesday, then they're up for promotion.

I suppose the only question now is to promote them at the same update or at different ones. Anyone got any insight as to which is more likely to yield a pair of accepted senior contracts?

12th Nov 23 1:43 PM
chyperhondriac
Posts 281
Quote:
Originally posted by Firesilver
You're not doing yourself any favours if you eventually come to transfer list him... but the honesty is refreshing so fair play to you

He's already on the list, check the transfer forum I thought I'd given enough of a life history of him on here that trying to pull the wool over the eyes of the kinds of people who have 40+M to spend probably wouldn't work. Maybe I'm too nice

As for your question, no ideas from me I'm afraid... all I can say is good luck!

12th Nov 23 2:06 PM
Firesilver
Posts 983
Quote:
He's already on the list, check the transfer forum

I never pay any attention to the transfer forum unless I see a good trolling opportunity. Everyone there acts as though they're doing the world a favour when they list players that they obviously don't want themselves- and the exception to that rule is the top level players that I mostly can't afford anyway. I'd rather spend the time actually looking through the market instead.

Good luck trying to sell him, he's still a great prospect, just probably not quite worth 40M+ like most young FA 90s players

14th Nov 23 8:21 PM
BlueBoar
Posts 227
Quote:
Originally posted by andyoz

Same... added one 11 year old, now 13 and he's only just into double digits, so won't be kept.

I've done alright, but now my team is stronger, I am getting less joy with decent balanced players. Maybe the youth side of things is designed that way?

Copyright © 2024 - IAG Games Ltd. All rights reserved.
Disclaimer | Privacy policy | Terms of use | Rules of game