ITSAGOAL.org - More than just a game
HomeManagerClubMatch daySquadTransfersLeagueCompetitionsStatisticsCommunityHelpShop

View forum thread

CREATE
Create your football club from the ground up and establish yourself as a football manager.
MANAGE
Manage every aspect of your football club from player transfers to squad training.
COMPETE
Go head to head with thousands of football managers from all over the world.
Football Leagues and Cups
5th May 17 10:02 PM
maddog17
Posts 273
Quote:
Originally posted by ozzymac
It depends on what your definition of 'Fans" and "Armchair Supporters" is.

What he means is that you should be travelling from Oz for every Sunderland home game

5th May 17 10:13 PM
ozzymac
Posts 2,877
Quote:
Originally posted by maddog17
What he means is that you should be travelling from Oz for every Sunderland home game

Does it count if i've been to an away game in NZ?

It always frustates me when people try and differentiate between fans and supporters.

Is someone who goes to home games less of a fan than those who go to home and away?

The word fan comes from fanatic i believe. If someone had painted their house (inside and out) in their clubs colours would they be considered a fanatic or would they only be a supporter because they don't go to games?

6th May 17 9:56 AM
mitchell
Posts 481
Quote:
Originally posted by Doink
Do we have any genuine fans here or are you armchair supporters? Sorry to be harsh

I think you mean match going fans or armchair fans. There's absolutely no link between attendance and whether you're a genuine fan or not. I don't know Ozzy and how fanatical he is but he can hardly be expected to travel 12000 miles irrespective of how big a fan he is or he isn't. Some can't attend for geographical reasons, some financial, some work etc, going to games doesn't make you more of a fan.
Even just using me as an example, I NEVER attended as a child but it was probably when I was most fanatical, going on to be a season ticket holder for eight years as an adult didn't make me more of a fan just as being unable to attend regularly now doesn't make me less of one.

6th May 17 1:40 PM
Doink
Posts 114
Quote:
Originally posted by porkpie
Are you a genuine fan?

Of course! I go to all my teams home games.

6th May 17 2:39 PM
TopGun2
Posts 570
Quote:
Do we have any genuine fans here or are you armchair supporters? Sorry to be harsh

I guess I probably qualify here, whatever your definition. So far this season I've been to see my team 37 times (26 at home, 10 away and 1 neutral venue) and I've travelled 6,390 miles following my team (longest trip was 1,368 mile round trip to Monaco to watch what ended up as the reserves!) and I think it's all cost me about £4,000 so far.

Just because you've got me adding up my stats now, I've also seen us win 65 of the 77 points we've gained and 120 goals (92 goals scored and 28 conceded).

Edit: This is quite a weak season for me, too many times work has prevented me attending away games, we've had soooo many midweek aways I couldn't get to

6th May 17 2:44 PM
porkpie
Posts 237
Quote:
Of course! I go to all my teams home games.

I'm the same, every home game and a few aways. I Watch most of the away games if they are available. When I was younger and before I had kids. I used to do all the games bar the odd away game.

13th May 17 10:01 PM
TopGun2
Posts 570
So I've just started writing a blog. First post is now live (link in my profile), talking about the end of White Hart Lane. Any feedback welcomed!

21st May 17 5:42 PM
pleasantsurprise
Posts 6,334
Gosh. How embarrassing...

21st May 17 9:43 PM
ozzymac
Posts 2,877
Quote:
Originally posted by pleasantsurprise
Gosh. How embarrassing...

Yup

21st May 17 10:16 PM
warrenabi
Posts 73
I won the Fantasy Premier League!!
Do I get a prize??

21st May 17 10:29 PM
TopGun2
Posts 570
Sorry PS! Always enjoy my trips to Hull

21st May 17 11:11 PM
pleasantsurprise
Posts 6,334
Quote:
Originally posted by TopGun2
Sorry PS! Always enjoy my trips to Hull

Ah well, at least you won't be able to thrash us next season.

Thanks for the lunch!

22nd Jul 17 10:09 PM
jim82
Posts 4
Not sure if y'all have a new one, but there was an IAG fantasy premier league on my account which has been renewed.

Bit out of date mind, it's still called ITSAGOAL.com!

22nd Jul 17 10:22 PM
pleasantsurprise
Posts 6,334
Quote:
Originally posted by jim82
Not sure if y'all have a new one, but there was an IAG fantasy premier league on my account which has been renewed.

Bit out of date mind, it's still called ITSAGOAL.com!

Nice to see you again Jim!

You might need to remind us all of the details.

22nd Jul 17 10:40 PM
jim82
Posts 4
Quote:
Originally posted by pleasantsurprise
Nice to see you again Jim!

You might need to remind us all of the details.
Good to see a few familiar names still around this place too!

The code to join is: 928251-223138

On the Fantasy Premier League website.

If you don't have a new one for IAG, and someone else wants to be the admin of this, I can transfer it to their email. Noticed Gav has a team in it.

22nd Jul 17 11:25 PM
pleasantsurprise
Posts 6,334
Quote:
Originally posted by jim82
Good to see a few familiar names still around this place too!

The code to join is: 928251-223138

On the Fantasy Premier League website.

If you don't have a new one for IAG, and someone else wants to be the admin of this, I can transfer it to their email. Noticed Gav has a team in it.

And so has Grezz

I've joined. Need to pick a proper team though (in the fullness of time...)

16th Sep 18 8:27 AM
Denny
Posts 377
Oh there is already a Premier League thread. Then do please delete the one I created...

29th Sep 18 6:10 PM
Denny
Posts 377
Decent result for Spurs. United are terrible.

29th Sep 18 6:10 PM
Denny
Posts 377
Oh and Arsenal were their usual lucky self.

6th Oct 18 6:42 PM
Denny
Posts 377
United getting done again.

Copyright © 2024 - IAG Games Ltd. All rights reserved.
Disclaimer | Privacy policy | Terms of use | Rules of game