ITSAGOAL.org - More than just a game
HomeManagerClubMatch daySquadTransfersLeagueCompetitionsStatisticsCommunityHelpShop

View forum thread

CREATE
Create your football club from the ground up and establish yourself as a football manager.
MANAGE
Manage every aspect of your football club from player transfers to squad training.
COMPETE
Go head to head with thousands of football managers from all over the world.
Football Leagues and Cups
6th Oct 15 10:52 PM
KafkaStoleMyBike
Posts 31
Quote:
Originally posted by Kejeas
To me, Advocaat never really seemed interested in the Sunderland job.

Oof- who would want it?

7th Oct 15 1:48 PM
ozzymac
Posts 2,877
Quote:
Originally posted by Denny
Advocat gone (Ozzy - thoughts?),

I think there was a combination of things.
1. He never got what he wanted in the way of player signings
2. At 68 he didn't fancy a season of relegation struggles possibly blighting his record.

personally i think he's a good manage but as we so often see, "good" managers succeed at clubs who spend money. Look at the vast majority of successful managers around Europe. They do reasonably well at a small club, progress to a slightly better club and then fall apart when either a) the competition is greater or b) the expectations are higher.

I also believe that Sunderland are suffering from a lack of football people at the helm.
How can a CEO of a company that loses money and struggles to survive year on year keep their position?

9th Oct 15 6:36 PM
Denny
Posts 377
Quote:
Originally posted by ozzymac
I think there was a combination of things.
1. He never got what he wanted in the way of player signings
2. At 68 he didn't fancy a season of relegation struggles possibly blighting his record.

personally i think he's a good manage but as we so often see, "good" managers succeed at clubs who spend money. Look at the vast majority of successful managers around Europe. They do reasonably well at a small club, progress to a slightly better club and then fall apart when either a) the competition is greater or b) the expectations are higher.

I also believe that Sunderland are suffering from a lack of football people at the helm.
How can a CEO of a company that loses money and struggles to survive year on year keep their position?

Allardyce, Ozzy?

9th Oct 15 9:09 PM
ozzymac
Posts 2,877
Quote:
Originally posted by Denny
Allardyce, Ozzy?

I think it's a good choice considering some of the names that were bandied around if only for the fact that he has experience. Advocaat aside the experimental appointments of Di Canio and Poyet were destined to fail as i think one of the biggest attributes at that level is man management.

He also understands the region having captained the club for a season. I guess time will tell.

9th Oct 15 11:15 PM
pleasantsurprise
Posts 6,334
Hmm... far be it for me to comment on another club in this way but....

Haven't Sunderland got a bit of a problem with a err... drinking culture?

Not sure that Big Sam is the one to sort it out?

10th Oct 15 7:14 AM
ozzymac
Posts 2,877
Quote:
Originally posted by pleasantsurprise
Hmm... far be it for me to comment on another club in this way but....

Haven't Sunderland got a bit of a problem with a err... drinking culture?

Not sure that Big Sam is the one to sort it out?

I would say that they used to. But in all honesty you can't blame the fans for having a tipple given the garbage we've been served up for quite a few years now

17th Oct 15 1:47 PM
calezy8
Posts 188
These week matches will surely make a different on the table and on what people think about the PL. The two matches that cault my sight is LIV v TOR & EVE v MAN

17th Oct 15 4:55 PM
calezy8
Posts 188
Quote:
Originally posted by calezy8
These week matches will surely make a different on the table and on what people think about the PL. The two matches that cault my sight is

Wow! Man u are trashing everton 3 0, and rooney find the net, its awesome.

25th Oct 15 7:03 PM
ozzymac
Posts 2,877
Finally something to smile about

25th Oct 15 8:28 PM
porkpie
Posts 237
Quote:

Its great winning 3-0 when you have played poor, especially against the horse botherers..

25th Oct 15 8:52 PM
Denny
Posts 377
Quote:

Think you have a decent chance of staying up now with big Sam in charge.

On another note, great to see Kane get a hattrick this afternoon - definitely needed that.

25th Oct 15 9:23 PM
ozzymac
Posts 2,877
Quote:
Originally posted by porkpie
Its great winning 3-0 when you have played poor, especially against the horse botherers..

25th Oct 15 9:32 PM
wally
Posts 1,311
Quote:

Finally something to smile about the bar codes getting smashed and the mighty Boro winning got me 70 quid

25th Oct 15 10:09 PM
TopGun2
Posts 570
Hotel room with balcony and sea view, lovely weather considering it's late October, extra hour in bed, gorgeous walk along the beach and a 5-1 win with a hattrick from my fantasy captain Kane to round it off - if Carlsberg did weekends, then this could have been it. But it wasn't quite. An hour in traffic jams in each direction (meaning I missed the grands prix) and all day Saturday spent working instead of enjoying the location

Still a pretty good weekend anyway.

25th Oct 15 10:09 PM
TopGun2
Posts 570
Oh, best chants today...

"Are you Chelsea in disguise?" and "You're going down with the Chelsea"

26th Oct 15 9:04 AM
almahaza
Posts 297
Quote:
Originally posted by calezy8
These week matches will surely make a different on the table and on what people think about the PL. The two matches that cault my sight is
Liverpool v Torquay?

26th Oct 15 11:23 AM
ozzymac
Posts 2,877
Quote:
Originally posted by TopGun2
Oh, best chants today...

"Are you Chelsea in disguise?" and "You're going down with the Chelsea"

30th Oct 15 4:52 AM
Beni_Boy31
Posts 3
Is there an itsagoal fantasy epl league this year?

30th Oct 15 6:29 AM
garyt1
Posts 500
Yes it was reactivated again

30th Oct 15 8:07 AM
Beni_Boy31
Posts 3
Does anyone know the code for this league?

Copyright © 2024 - IAG Games Ltd. All rights reserved.
Disclaimer | Privacy policy | Terms of use | Rules of game