ITSAGOAL.org - More than just a game
HomeManagerClubMatch daySquadTransfersLeagueCompetitionsStatisticsCommunityHelpShop

View forum thread

CREATE
Create your football club from the ground up and establish yourself as a football manager.
MANAGE
Manage every aspect of your football club from player transfers to squad training.
COMPETE
Go head to head with thousands of football managers from all over the world.
Football Leagues and Cups
16th Dec 19 1:20 PM
almahaza
Posts 297
Quote:
Originally posted by stripey
Hark, now hear the Brighton sing,
The Palace run away;
And we will fight for evermore
Because of Boxing Day!

I was there at the Goldstone when they sang that gem for the first time.
Can?t beat a bit of Boney M.

Are you going tonight? I?ll be at the Amex for the home game but can?t get there this evening.

18th Dec 19 10:10 PM
stripey
Posts 6,157
Quote:
Originally posted by almahaza
Can?t beat a bit of Boney M.

Are you going tonight? I?ll be at the Amex for the home game but can?t get there this evening.

Sadly these days I live too far away to get to regular games.

20th Dec 19 6:19 PM
almahaza
Posts 297
Quote:
Sadly these days I live too far away to get to regular games.
Yeah me too, although we?ve got tickets for the Bournemouth game between Christmas and new year, I?m looking forward to seeing Potters team in the flesh.

17th Mar 20 2:22 PM
RocketmanGav
Posts 185
So what are peoples thoughts on how the Premier League, EFL etc should be completed?

Should Liverpool be given the title if the League is cancelled and they haven't technically won it?

As a Spurs man, make the league void and start from scratch next season with Spurs still in Champions League. I'm not being selfish though!

17th Mar 20 6:58 PM
Hoopie
Posts 184
Given my team is in no-mans land I can look at this from a neutral point of view.

The league must be finished. It may mean the following season is truncated to just playing each team once, then so be it.

Problem is with player contracts running out before June. But if you stop the league now you open up a whole host of legal problems.

Anyway, the biggest problem is in the lower divisions. Going to be a hell of a lot of clubs in big trouble.

17th Mar 20 7:32 PM
pleasantsurprise
Posts 6,335
Quote:
Originally posted by Hoopie
Given my team is in no-mans land I can look at this from a neutral point of view.

The league must be finished. It may mean the following season is truncated to just playing each team once, then so be it.

Problem is with player contracts running out before June. But if you stop the league now you open up a whole host of legal problems.

Anyway, the biggest problem is in the lower divisions. Going to be a hell of a lot of clubs in big trouble.

Well my team are not in no-mans land so I'd like the season to finish now or to be declared null and void.

17th Mar 20 8:37 PM
Hoopie
Posts 184
Quote:
Originally posted by pleasantsurprise
Well my team are not in no-mans land so I'd like the season to finish now or to be declared null and void.

If they stop the season now, and apply average points per game, your red friends from up the road would overtake you.

Good job you have that exciting, free flowing football manager to sort you out next season.

Sky will be asking for a few £s back soon

17th Mar 20 10:03 PM
pleasantsurprise
Posts 6,335
Quote:
Originally posted by Hoopie
If they stop the season now, and apply average points per game, your red friends from up the road would overtake you.

Good job you have that exciting, free flowing football manager to sort you out next season.

Sky will be asking for a few £s back soon

No need for average points etc. Season 2019/20 is null and void ad we start again in August with every club in the same position as they were in.

Champions League and Europa leagues won't be finished either so whoever was in this season will be in it next season.

Our manager was doing OK until forced to sell his 2 best players in January.

Yes, the Premier League (esp) will probably have to cough a few quid back to Sky (and BT). Shame that...

31st Jan 21 9:55 PM
stripey
Posts 6,157
Brighton 1 - Spurs 0

1st Feb 21 12:42 AM
Trickyuk
Posts 181
Quote:
Brighton 1 - Spurs 0

Enough of that thank you please.

1st Feb 21 12:52 PM
TopGun2
Posts 571
Don't make me pull out my GM card and hit you with it!

2nd Feb 21 10:58 AM
stripey
Posts 6,157
Quote:
Originally posted by TopGun2
Don't make me pull out my GM card and hit you with it!
Our moments of Seagull joy are pretty rare, so I have no regrets even if you do.

3rd Feb 21 10:16 PM
maddog17_2nd
Posts 404
Quote:
Our moments of Seagull joy are pretty rare, so I have no regrets even if you do.

Rare?

3rd Feb 21 10:18 PM
stripey_2nd
Posts 280
Quote:
Originally posted by maddog17_2nd
Rare?
We find the Prem pretty tough - and just look at our home record!

Edit - next time I should check the day's results before I post!

3rd Feb 21 10:28 PM
TopGun2
Posts 571
What a week for the seagulls, Leicester had a great run in the second half of the season before they were champions, 5000-1 or more on Brighton for the league next season?

3rd Feb 21 10:37 PM
stripey_2nd
Posts 280
Quote:
What a week for the seagulls, Leicester had a great run in the second half of the season before they were champions, 5000-1 or more on Brighton for the league next season?
Pour that man a pint!!

4th Feb 21 10:13 AM
Trickyuk
Posts 181
Quote:
Originally posted by stripey_2nd
Pour that man a pint!!

Brighton for the league next year??? I think he has had a few pints already!

4th Feb 21 10:46 AM
almahaza
Posts 297
YESSSSSS! Stripey!

15th Feb 21 3:21 AM
garyt1
Posts 500
Quote:

Maybe Fulham is where the smart money is?

26th Sep 21 10:53 PM
almahaza
Posts 297
Looking forward to tomorrow?s game. Come on Brighton!

Copyright © 2024 - IAG Games Ltd. All rights reserved.
Disclaimer | Privacy policy | Terms of use | Rules of game