ITSAGOAL.org - More than just a game
HomeManagerClubMatch daySquadTransfersLeagueCompetitionsStatisticsCommunityHelpShop

View forum thread

CREATE
Create your football club from the ground up and establish yourself as a football manager.
MANAGE
Manage every aspect of your football club from player transfers to squad training.
COMPETE
Go head to head with thousands of football managers from all over the world.
Football Leagues and Cups
16th May 16 4:12 PM
calvino_spark
Posts 329
It's been a pretty good season for Southampton but, unsurprisingly, it's been overshadowed by Leicester's triumph. It seems strange that even though we'll probably finish 6th I still think we could have done better. We've had some great results against more illustrious opponents but at times have seemed a little complacent against less fancied sides.

The new signings have done ok but there's only Virgil Van Dijk who looks like he'll go on to bigger and better things. Having said that Shane Long looked like an average signing a couple of seasons ago and he's been outstanding this season. Maybe we'll be able to keep our best players this time but unless Wanyama and Mane sign new contracts I can see them going.

It's been a bit of a disappointing season for our youngsters. Ward-Prowse has done alright and Matt Targett has shown himself to be an able stand in for Bertrand. It'll be interesting to see if any youngsters get a chance next season and if they can make a breakthrough.

5th Jun 16 10:57 PM
stripey
Posts 6,154
I'm hoping Vardy will say no to Arsenal - looking forward to the promised "Twitter meltdown"!

6th Jun 16 8:53 AM
Hoopie
Posts 184
Quote:
Originally posted by stripey
I'm hoping Vardy will say no to Arsenal - looking forward to the promised "Twitter meltdown"!

Vardy won't work at Aresnal. He needs counter attacking football to exploit his pace. Aresnal play keepy ball, he will be nulified.

Vardy will only take the contract for a safe 4 year deal that will allow him to hit the London night scene. He will not go for footballing reasons.

9th Jun 16 8:48 PM
DonKilla
Posts 24
Quote:

Yes stripes I love you xo

9th Jun 16 10:24 PM
Matt2001
Posts 418
Quote:
Originally posted by DonKilla
Yes stripes I love you xo

Can Don be given a forum ban because this is spamming again which he keeps doing?

17th Jun 16 4:45 PM
calvino_spark
Posts 329
Rumours suggest that Southampton might appoint former Roma manager Rudi Garcia as their new manager. Apparently he's got a good track record of trusting young players and giving them a chance so that will be very welcome.

17th Jun 16 5:03 PM
pleasantsurprise
Posts 6,334
Man alive...

City's first 7 fixtures include champions Leicester, Man Utd, Arsenal, Liverpool and Chelsea.

17th Jun 16 9:50 PM
ozzymac
Posts 2,877
Quote:
Originally posted by pleasantsurprise
Man alive...

City's first 7 fixtures include champions Leicester, Man Utd, Arsenal, Liverpool and Chelsea.

And Sunderland

21st Jun 16 11:32 PM
KevinHann
Posts 678
Quote:
Originally posted by ozzymac
And Sunderland

Is that really a fixture

21st Jun 16 11:33 PM
ozzymac
Posts 2,877
Quote:
Originally posted by KevinHann
Is that really a fixture

Remind me again who Newcastle are playing that weekend

22nd Jun 16 8:27 PM
KevinHann_2nd
Posts 149
Quote:

Someone better?

23rd Jun 16 12:23 PM
Kejeas
Posts 725
Quote:

Ouch

27th Jun 16 11:20 AM
Wazza_RS_2nd
Posts 11
Quote:

He has turned them down.... Now let's all laugh at Arsenal!! Lol

12th Jul 16 4:45 PM
calvino_spark
Posts 329
It's been the usual quiet close season at Southampton.

Koeman decides he doesn't want Europa League football so joins Everton. Spurs get Wanyama on the cheap. Claude Puel is appointed as the new manager. Liverpool shock the world by signing a Southampton player: Mane. Juanmi goes back to Spain. Pelle becomes the 6th highest paid footballer in the world by signing for Shandong Luneng. Redmond joins fellow Toulon Tournament winners Ward-Prowse, Targett, and Stephens at Southampton for about 11 million. Pierre-Emile Højbjerg joins from Bayern Munich for about 12 million (a quick look on Youtube shows that he is a quality player but I expect Ali Dia looks like a quality player on Youtube). Cedric Soares wins his most prestigious trophy to date: the European Championships. Jose Fonte also wins the European Championships for Portugal but I'm sure he considers the Johnstone's Paint Trophy as his greatest achievement.

So, like I said, not much has happened.

13th Jul 16 6:50 AM
TopGun2
Posts 570
3 years since we last bought a striker (and he was a massive flop) we finally have a good one I think. Janssen looks the real deal, not sure where he fits in the starting xi

13th Jul 16 11:41 AM
ozzymac
Posts 2,877
Whilst other clubs are signing players we're probably looking for a new manager.

Thanks FA

13th Jul 16 2:17 PM
KevinHann
Posts 678
Quote:
Originally posted by TopGun2
3 years since we last bought a striker (and he was a massive flop) we finally have a good one I think. Janssen looks the real deal, not sure where he fits in the starting xi

Grats on the signing, mate! Could you share some thoughts over Pritchard?

14th Jul 16 10:25 PM
wally
Posts 1,311
Well things looking up for Boro as it looks like 4 new faces coming in the next few days Neven Subotic ,Gaston Ramirez subject to work permits also Antonio Barragan and Negredo

we have the best chairman in the premier League Fact

22nd Jul 16 9:13 PM
ozzymac
Posts 2,877
So Allardyce gets his dream job. Disappointed to see him leave but can't blame him

3 weeks til the season starts and no manager

22nd Jul 16 9:16 PM
wally
Posts 1,311
Recon you will get Bruce

Copyright © 2024 - IAG Games Ltd. All rights reserved.
Disclaimer | Privacy policy | Terms of use | Rules of game