ITSAGOAL.org - More than just a game
HomeManagerClubMatch daySquadTransfersLeagueCompetitionsStatisticsCommunityHelpShop

View forum thread

CREATE
Create your football club from the ground up and establish yourself as a football manager.
MANAGE
Manage every aspect of your football club from player transfers to squad training.
COMPETE
Go head to head with thousands of football managers from all over the world.
New General Discussions Forum
31st Dec 19 12:46 PM
BubbaGump
Posts 473
Quote:
Originally posted by roland68
Quite a bit better than, I'd say.

They had extremely even atts across the 3 so I fully expected him to come out pretty tidy.

Bubba

4th Jan 20 12:10 PM
AKRAZY
Posts 229
only been with this team like 2 seasons, so far managed to get 4 youths rated 40 ish give or take a couple ratings.

4th Jan 20 6:45 PM
Adriang76
Posts 4
What?s best age to promote youth players

4th Jan 20 6:53 PM
AKRAZY
Posts 229
well you can only promote them after they are 16, the longer you leave them in the academy though i guess more chance they improve. :L

5th Jan 20 10:15 AM
Adriang76
Posts 4
Cheers. I have one decent youth player and want to promote him. Doubt he will accept though.

5th Jan 20 12:57 PM
roland68
Posts 972
Quote:
Originally posted by Adriang76
Cheers. I have one decent youth player and want to promote him. Doubt he will accept though.

Promote him when he's on the last couple pf days of his current contract, that's believed to be the best time to try promoting.

6th Jan 20 3:11 PM
Hoopie
Posts 184
Had a 71 youth accept promotion, his stats were very lob-sided so was surprised he turned out quite balanced.

Had another reject me at the same time, but was only in the 40s and going nowhere, like most of them.

If the Youth Academy worked, I reckon it would keep many more people playing. It must be the simplest thing to change and would have the biggest benefit. (It has been tweaked before). Shame.

6th Jan 20 3:27 PM
AKRAZY
Posts 229
Quote:
Originally posted by Hoopie
Had a 71 youth accept promotion, his stats were very lob-sided so was surprised he turned out quite balanced.

Had another reject me at the same time, but was only in the 40s and going nowhere, like most of them.

If the Youth Academy worked, I reckon it would keep many more people playing. It must be the simplest thing to change and would have the biggest benefit. (It has been tweaked before). Shame.

I agree with that 100%

would also create some fierce competition and possibly deflate prices.

7th Jan 20 1:20 PM
Bartmeteenc
Posts 611
Quote:
Originally posted by AKRAZY
I agree with that 100%

would also create some fierce competition and possibly deflate prices.

I also agree. Better youth academy mechanics would make club building over a longer period more attractive to players. It would also increase the availability of more decent players and therefore make the transfer market more playable.

At least, that's what I would expect... But theory is always different than practice. Anyhow, I would love to see the youth academy improved.

7th Jan 20 2:45 PM
Piper_FC
Posts 1,357
Quote:
Originally posted by Bartmeteenc
I also agree. Better youth academy mechanics would make club building over a longer period more attractive to players. It would also increase the availability of more decent players and therefore make the transfer market more playable.

At least, that's what I would expect... But theory is always different than practice. Anyhow, I would love to see the youth academy improved.

+1

7th Jan 20 4:09 PM
Spencer29
Posts 23
None of this is productive to the so called big clubs because they can produce youths that they are selling for 15million plus and a few of these a season does them nicely. Anyway we know there are not for a few years going to be an upgrades, they need to reduce the amount of leagues firstly

7th Jan 20 4:49 PM
KevinHann
Posts 678
The big clubs have usually grown big because their managers can see beyond their nose. I'd much rather have a functional academy that makes the game more engaging for everybody, allows clubs to be self-sufficient at least to an extent and frees the market from relying on reset listings. I don't think you will find a manager around who will honestly say they prefer to sell a 15m youth rather than have an improved retention and steady growth to manager numbers.

Spencer maybe you should get to know the intricacies of the youth system before drawing big-scale conclusions, mate. How long it takes to develop and promote youths, the success rates to that, how many you can actually hope to produce over X seasons, how that affects your squad roster, club rating, finances. It's very hard to judge all of that without having gone through it yourself and having years of experience with the system - then you would have a better understanding to why it is in fact the most important and urgent system to address if the game is to improve.

7th Jan 20 5:56 PM
thewrongone
Posts 50
+1 on this.

If only Ron could agree to change just 1 thing, then please let it be a minor tweak on the academy.

As a New Years gift to us, his loyal subjects, maybe???

7th Jan 20 6:09 PM
pleasantsurprise
Posts 6,326
Just out of curiosity, what 'minor tweak' to the Youth Academy do people have in mind?

7th Jan 20 7:05 PM
NotSoSpecialOne
Posts 538
Quote:
Originally posted by pleasantsurprise
Just out of curiosity, what 'minor tweak' to the Youth Academy do people have in mind?

Only a small one like promoting a 10 rated youth product that's only been in the academy for a fortnight and he turns out to be a 90 fixed player.

And then another little one like being able to sign unicorns for 2 million every week

Oh, and every club gets given 50 million at the end of every season

Oh, and every club gets to build 2 stands free of charge each season.

Not too much to ask for from managers who mostly have never stayed at clubs long enough to get taxed let alone build a club but want and expect to challenge the so called top clubs, clubs that have been there from pretty much day 1.

7th Jan 20 7:39 PM
NotSoSpecialOne
Posts 538
Quote:
Originally posted by Spencer29
None of this is productive to the so called big clubs because they can produce youths that they are selling for 15million plus and a few of these a season does them nicely. Anyway we know there are not for a few years going to be an upgrades, they need to reduce the amount of leagues firstly

Why do you think it's only the big clubs as you call them produce 15 million youths, bubba just promoted one and hoopie an even better one. I dare say there are others and with all due respect I fear these clubs aren't the top clubs you refer to. Maybe these clubs don't try promoting low rated youths with unbalanced stats and have only been in the academy for a season or so and expect superstars to appear. There are endless poor youths hitting transfer markets straight after promotion still on 125 credits wage from clubs who no doubt thought a youth rated less than 20 was going to be anything other than rubbish.

7th Jan 20 8:08 PM
Hoopie
Posts 184
Quote:
Originally posted by pleasantsurprise

Increase the chances of youths accepting promotion.

Increase the chances of training youths to a decent level (whatever decent may be)

Increase the size of the academy if the above criteria are fulfilled, then people will be able to be more selective with promotions.

Given the transfer market is already broken, is there really any downside?

7th Jan 20 8:38 PM
Spencer29
Posts 23
Spencer maybe you should get to know the intricacies of the youth system before drawing big-scale conclusions, mate. How long it takes to develop and promote youths, the success rates to that, how many you can actually hope to produce over X seasons, how that affects your squad roster, club rating, finances. It's very hard to judge all of that without having gone through it yourself and having years of experience with the system - then you would have a better understanding to why it is in fact the most important and urgent system to address if the game is to improve.[/quote]

All my youth are just 11-12 and 13 with a couple rated 7, some 20s and a few in their 40s so I?m learning

7th Jan 20 9:10 PM
AKRAZY
Posts 229
at stage now where this version of the game should be used as a beta for the next version...

tweak it if its wrong re-tweak it...

id like to see teams reset to the avg squad/club rating ( no reset 90s )

id like to see YA 90s but no I wouldnt want them being pooped out left right n centre.. top talent should be rare.. however 80's should be less rare then 90s and 70s should be less rare then etc

I think a fix to the game would be making a minimum rating like in the OG itsagoal.. obviously I wouldn't want it to be 70 like in the OG version but something like 35 still bridges the gap and pushes averages up.

7th Jan 20 9:45 PM
KevinHann
Posts 678
Quote:
Originally posted by Hoopie
Increase the chances of youths accepting promotion.

Increase the chances of training youths to a decent level (whatever decent may be)

Increase the size of the academy if the above criteria are fulfilled, then people will be able to be more selective with promotions.

Given the transfer market is already broken, is there really any downside?

Something along those lines would be a move in the right direction and shouldn't be too hard to apply from Ron's perspective. The specifics are another matter (should a youth have a chance to reject a contract at all for example?)

But yes, I agree with Hoopie, there are immediate measures that can be taken even without a major rework - even though such would still be pretty much on top of the things to improve at first opportunity afterwards.

Copyright © 2024 - IAG Games Ltd. All rights reserved.
Disclaimer | Privacy policy | Terms of use | Rules of game