ITSAGOAL.org - More than just a game
HomeManagerClubMatch daySquadTransfersLeagueCompetitionsStatisticsCommunityHelpShop

View forum thread

CREATE
Create your football club from the ground up and establish yourself as a football manager.
MANAGE
Manage every aspect of your football club from player transfers to squad training.
COMPETE
Go head to head with thousands of football managers from all over the world.
New General Discussions Forum
7th Jan 20 9:59 PM
pleasantsurprise
Posts 6,330
One thing Ron mentioned when possible changes to the game were discussed a while back was the problem of maintaining the overall size and age of the player population.

It seems that if a change is made to one area, say more Youth Academy promotions to the main squad, then another change probably has to be made in another area, say reducing the squad size limits.

It starts to get a bit complicated and needs Ron's time, which is still in short supply at the minute.

7th Jan 20 10:14 PM
Hoopie
Posts 184
Quote:
Originally posted by pleasantsurprise
One thing Ron mentioned when possible changes to the game were discussed a while back was the problem of maintaining the overall size and age of the player population.

It seems that if a change is made to one area, say more Youth Academy promotions to the main squad, then another change probably has to be made in another area, say reducing the squad size limits.

It starts to get a bit complicated and needs Ron's time, which is still in short supply at the minute.

I think people would be happy with that trade off. Although I doubt there are big downsides for not doing the trade off if time is the issue.

But if Ron has zero time, then I guess it?ll never happen.

10th Jan 20 7:49 AM
zwaluwen_2nd
Posts 8
I 'm getting the message (squad to small) many times.
I've tried to promoted youhts a lot but they keep refusing
Sometimes under 5 days contract - sometimes more.
This is not working

10th Jan 20 1:23 PM
pleasantsurprise
Posts 6,330
Quote:
Originally posted by zwaluwen_2nd
I 'm getting the message (squad to small) many times.
I've tried to promoted youhts a lot but they keep refusing
Sometimes under 5 days contract - sometimes more.
This is not working

I'm looking at recent transfers in Germany. Over the last 3 days half of the 10 transfers recorded have been promotions from Youth Academies.

So it clearly is working.

10th Jan 20 8:50 PM
Atco47
Posts 11
Four of my last five youth promotions have paid off. I don?t know what I?m doing right but it?s what?s keeping my team and my finances alive.

11th Jan 20 9:09 AM
BubbaGump
Posts 473
Minor Changes
- More managers able to scout higher rated youths
- Youth Promotion never denied but a max number allowed per season i.e 3 players a season maybe?

Mid-Major Changes
- Ability to actually have a full squad of youths
- A youth league for your players to play and improve against the same teams in your division
- Ability to train your youth players ourselves just like first team squad to help them turn into better first team players when they promote

11th Jan 20 9:12 AM
dazstag1967
Posts 42
How long ago is it since the think tank of managers came up with a list of improvements?

11th Jan 20 11:26 AM
stripey
Posts 6,152
Quote:
Originally posted by dazstag1967
How long ago is it since the think tank of managers came up with a list of improvements?
About three years, I reckon. Ron did come up with some really good proposals for Youth Academies, which would have gone a long way towards making everyone happy, but that's as far as they got. Maybe one day...

12th Jan 20 5:31 PM
stripey
Posts 6,152
I've set my three scouts all to find youth forwards, in the hope that eventually they'll bring me one with nice even attributes. Their first delivery came yesterday - useless! So I'm sending them out again with exactly the same instructions, to see whether persistence might be the key.

12th Jan 20 6:11 PM
pleasantsurprise
Posts 6,330
Quote:
Originally posted by stripey
I've set my three scouts all to find youth forwards, in the hope that eventually they'll bring me one with nice even attributes. Their first delivery came yesterday - useless! So I'm sending them out again with exactly the same instructions, to see whether persistence might be the key.

Stripey, you call looking for youths twice with the same instructions persistent?

12th Jan 20 7:27 PM
AKRAZY
Posts 229
Quote:
Stripey, you call looking for youths twice with the same instructions persistent?

I'm sure he'll send out his army of scouts again though

12th Jan 20 9:04 PM
stripey
Posts 6,152
Quote:
Not yet - this is just the beginning.

12th Jan 20 10:07 PM
pleasantsurprise
Posts 6,330
Quote:
Not yet - this is just the beginning.

You're in for the long haul then.

12th Jan 20 10:41 PM
stripey
Posts 6,152
Quote:
You're in for the long haul then.
Yup.

15th Jan 20 11:10 PM
stripey
Posts 6,152
Second scouting mission - even worse than the first time as far as looking for evenly balanced stats is concerned. A pity, as one or two looked quite good otherwise.

16th Jan 20 4:58 PM
AKRAZY
Posts 229
Quote:
Second scouting mission - even worse than the first time as far as looking for evenly balanced stats is concerned. A pity, as one or two looked quite good otherwise.

is there a reason why you look for evenly balanced stats?

I have always just taken the better ones regardless of how balanced the stats are, I think they usually hit roughly their youth rating, i think balanced stats just means FA are more balanced which means nothing I have had youths with lowest FA being like 20 and still hit their 40+ rating.

is this just being picky so that you can sell your youths overpriced? I am just curious

16th Jan 20 5:30 PM
KevinHann
Posts 678
Quote:
Originally posted by AKRAZY

I have always just taken the better ones regardless of how balanced the stats are, I think they usually hit roughly their youth rating, i think balanced stats just means FA are more balanced which means nothing I have had youths with lowest FA being like 20 and still hit their 40+ rating.

is this just being picky so that you can sell your youths overpriced? I am just curious

Usually it has to do with the potential improvement of youths - the idea is if you have a 90 12 50 youth, his stats are unlikely to improve a lot over the few seasons he will spend in your academy while a 64 65 61 youth is more likely to gain a few rating points.

16th Jan 20 5:38 PM
roland68
Posts 978
Quote:
Originally posted by AKRAZY

If you watch how youths improve over time, you'll realise there is a benefit wrt how far they could improve.

Additionally, as you said, there's a better chance of balanced FAs after promotion, which can also improve your chances of how good they could get.

Even then though, there's no certainty you're going to get a better player but it may improve your chances. That's what I think anyway.

Interested to hear other opinions

16th Jan 20 6:25 PM
BubbaGump
Posts 473
Agree with both points above. After carefully analysing things I found that youths improve across all 3 atts generally quite evenly.. therefore a youth with an attitude of 90 and low in other areas is less likely to improve overall.

16th Jan 20 7:20 PM
pleasantsurprise
Posts 6,330
I've found that the lower of their stats in Mental, Physical and Technical improve at a lower rate than the higher ones, not all evenly. This is why even stats on recruitment is best.

Copyright © 2024 - IAG Games Ltd. All rights reserved.
Disclaimer | Privacy policy | Terms of use | Rules of game