ITSAGOAL.org - More than just a game
HomeManagerClubMatch daySquadTransfersLeagueCompetitionsStatisticsCommunityHelpShop

View forum thread

CREATE
Create your football club from the ground up and establish yourself as a football manager.
MANAGE
Manage every aspect of your football club from player transfers to squad training.
COMPETE
Go head to head with thousands of football managers from all over the world.
New General Discussions Forum
19th May 20 8:15 PM
porkpie
Posts 218
He refused. I've had enough now. Thats at least 4 decent ones that's refused over the last two seasons. I have 16 players in my squad so im stuck.

19th May 20 8:16 PM
pleasantsurprise
Posts 6,324
Quote:
Originally posted by porkpie
He refused. I've had enough now. Thats at least 4 decent ones that's refused over the last two seasons. I have 16 players in my squad so im stuck.

Bugger!

19th May 20 8:20 PM
porkpie
Posts 218
Quote:
Originally posted by pleasantsurprise
Bugger!

The players I'm losing have been in my academy for years as well so it's not as if they are in for a season then promoted.

19th May 20 8:24 PM
pleasantsurprise
Posts 6,324
Were you trying to promote them near the end of their contracts, can you remember?

19th May 20 8:30 PM
porkpie
Posts 218
Quote:
Were you trying to promote them near the end of their contracts, can you remember?

There's been a mixture of everything. The latest one was 17 and has 14 days left. The others have been roughly the same age with the same or a little longer left on their contracts.

The rubbish youths that don't improve seem to promote.

I had an ok goalie promote, but since then I've lost a good defender, mid and striker add that to what I lost before and I could have ran my club for a bit longer with those players.

19th May 20 8:37 PM
pleasantsurprise
Posts 6,324
Next time (if there is a next time) try:

1. Promoting a youth in an 'uncommon' role (if you have any that is)
2. Try and promote when there are no or very few manager vacancies
3. Promote when there's only 2 or 3 days left on their contracts

19th May 20 8:43 PM
porkpie
Posts 218
Quote:
Next time (if there is a next time) try:

1. Promoting a youth in an 'uncommon' role (if you have any that is)
2. Try and promote when there are no or very few manager vacancies
3. Promote when there's only 2 or 3 days left on their contracts

I've tried it before and I still don't get a better success rate. I have promoted a lot of youths over the years, but a lot of them are either rubbish or bang average.

Anyway I've 3 average players left in my academy which I will try and promote when they get a little older. I have a 42 rated 17 yr old midfielder that I could try and promote, but I don't see the point as he won't add anything to my squad.

19th May 20 9:30 PM
stripey
Posts 6,141
Quote:
I've tried it before and I still don't get a better success rate. I have promoted a lot of youths over the years, but a lot of them are either rubbish or bang average.

Anyway I've 3 average players left in my academy which I will try and promote when they get a little older. I have a 42 rated 17 yr old midfielder that I could try and promote, but I don't see the point as he won't add anything to my squad.

He'd buy you a little time with your squad being down to sixteen. And if you didn't need him, he might sell.

19th May 20 11:59 PM
BubbaGump
Posts 473
Quote:
There's been a mixture of everything. The latest one was 17 and has 14 days left. The others have been roughly the same age with the same or a little longer left on their contracts.

The rubbish youths that don't improve seem to promote.

I had an ok goalie promote, but since then I've lost a good defender, mid and striker add that to what I lost before and I could have ran my club for a bit longer with those players.

You need to wait until they're down to 2 or 3 days left mate. I've seen a big increase in success rate when doing so.

20th May 20 1:05 PM
Gosport_Group
Posts 5
The good and the bad of the youth system.

I went through an incredible patch with youths promoting which was fantastic and allowed me to get over the 6500 club rating by selling them on and buying older players with high ratings.

I was pleased with myself for how my scouting system was working! However, the idea was to then replace the older players quite quickly by promoting 2 further youths this season

- but my last three youths, rated 56, 68 and 70 have all refused promotion even though they were down to their last 2 to 3 days in the academy.

All that potential money gone as well. A bit of a disaster that because I thought I had it all planned out ... I had even worked it out so I could get the better staff, coaches etc after a 7 day staff vacancy listing - the day before I got a youth promoted and it dropped my ranking down (following all the advice from the best managers on these forum). But they didn't accept.

Now left with too old a squad

20th May 20 8:24 PM
porkpie
Posts 218
I went to promote my average youth just to see what would happen.

Dear porkpie,

Following your request to offer an initial senior team contract,
We have now heard back from Marco Sierra, youth team midfielder.
Unfortunately he has declined our offer of a place in the senior team and has now left the club.

Regards,
Bernardo Pires

Secretary, Wearside Athletic

20th May 20 10:30 PM
pleasantsurprise
Posts 6,324
Quote:
I went to promote my average youth just to see what would happen.

Dear porkpie,

Following your request to offer an initial senior team contract,
We have now heard back from Marco Sierra, youth team midfielder.
Unfortunately he has declined our offer of a place in the senior team and has now left the club.

Regards,
Bernardo Pires

Secretary, Wearside Athletic

And how many days did he have left on his contract?

(Sorry to bang on about this)

21st May 20 2:35 AM
Boston2017_2nd
Posts 46
Quote:

believe or not: promoting a 32 rated youth is what got me over 5500 point by selling him later for 1 million.

Every penny counts in this game

21st May 20 10:20 AM
porkpie
Posts 218
Quote:
And how many days did he have left on his contract?

(Sorry to bang on about this)

About 28 days.

I tried it to see if one would promote straight after a refusal. I know McDonalds is reopening, but they must have a load of staff now. And a lot still wearing Wearside Athletic training gear.

21st May 20 10:45 AM
TopGun2
Posts 566
Quote:
Originally posted by BubbaGump
You need to wait until they're down to 2 or 3 days left mate. I've seen a big increase in success rate when doing so.

This.

21st May 20 11:11 AM
FootballManager
Posts 300
Quote:
About 28 days.

I tried it to see if one would promote straight after a refusal. I know McDonalds is reopening, but they must have a load of staff now. And a lot still wearing Wearside Athletic training gear.

Regardless of whether you?ve tried it before or not, a lot of people in this thread seem to get a higher rate of success when promoting with 2-3 days left on their contract.
Give that a go with your next few youths and let us know how you get on fingers crossed!

25th May 20 9:43 PM
Andy1970
Posts 30
I have a 17 yo rated 68 who I'm really hoping will promote as I've had a good success rate with them over the years. 13 of my current 20 man squad are promoted youths and I've sold a few on for a lot of money as well. I tend to let them run down their contract until they turn 18, and most then seem to accept a deal, I've also had this current guy in the academy since he was 14, if that makes any difference?
I'll keep saying it, all youths should promote, it needs to be an alternative to the mad transfer market.

25th May 20 10:37 PM
stripey
Posts 6,141
Quote:
Originally posted by Andy1970
I have a 17 yo rated 68 who I'm really hoping will promote as I've had a good success rate with them over the years. 13 of my current 20 man squad are promoted youths and I've sold a few on for a lot of money as well. I tend to let them run down their contract until they turn 18, and most then seem to accept a deal, I've also had this current guy in the academy since he was 14, if that makes any difference?
I'll keep saying it, all youths should promote, it needs to be an alternative to the mad transfer market.
I think Ron agrees with that last bit, Andy - so maybe one day...

25th May 20 10:58 PM
Lovemaster
Posts 486
Quote:
Originally posted by stripey
I think Ron agrees with that last bit, Andy - so maybe one day...
And I couldn't agree more. I've always thought that the youth academy may well be the games 'salvation' so-to-speak, give us good youths who promote consistently so as to give managers some hope of feeling they are in a position to challenge instead of utter dismay. It would probably drive the prices down in the T.M. and maybe mean that you can hold onto some of these so-called 'unicorn' players that we all want ideally to keep.(often go to the big guns)
The youth Academy needs a kick up the jacksy.
Give managers hope, that's what I say.

2nd Jun 20 8:18 PM
roland68
Posts 972
Managed to successfully promote two youths at the last update.

N. Deyama & J.Ybarra both said yes and I am reasonably happy with both. (Especially that they accepted!). They'll certainly make some money though I'm hoping and expecting Deyama will make it into the first team..

Copyright © 2024 - IAG Games Ltd. All rights reserved.
Disclaimer | Privacy policy | Terms of use | Rules of game