ITSAGOAL.org - More than just a game
HomeManagerClubMatch daySquadTransfersLeagueCompetitionsStatisticsCommunityHelpShop

View forum thread

CREATE
Create your football club from the ground up and establish yourself as a football manager.
MANAGE
Manage every aspect of your football club from player transfers to squad training.
COMPETE
Go head to head with thousands of football managers from all over the world.
New General Discussions Forum
9th Feb 20 8:14 PM
pleasant_2nd
Posts 1,192
Quote:
Originally posted by pleasant_2nd
I've got 4 x 16 year olds rated 56, 57. 58 and 62, 2 x 15 year olds rated 50 and 55, a 14 year old rated 50 and a 13 year old rated 46.

They're coming along nicely thank you very much.

(You watch, that'll be the end of their progress now... )

I knew I should never alerted the RG to my youths...

2 of the 16 year olds have declined promotion in the last week.

Gah!

9th Feb 20 8:52 PM
Spencer29
Posts 23
The only way I see the youth system becoming as realistic as possible to the real game is to have a lot more youths of higher potential (fixed attributes) within the YA set up and once you try to promote them then they all receive a fixed attribute quite high where once in the first team squad they have potential to become 10 million plus players like young players do in the real game. In the real game many youth fall by the wayside, either ending up at league clubs or out of the game completely but the fact is, many real clubs sign players of potential for large money and not so large and take the chance they improve from the age of 17-23. In this game a player has a ceiling preset to how much he can improve.

If each Ya in this game has that potential in this game to improve once in 1st team squad beyond his potential like the real game and the number of so called dud player were a lot more then maybe it would be fairer as top clubs would have to spend big money on a player with great fixed atts and potential but when he reached mid 40s or 50s by 18 he became maxed out then like the real game the top clubs would have lost out on their investment to some degree whilst a smaller club benefits from the income of the sale.

9th Feb 20 9:28 PM
NotSoSpecialOne
Posts 538
Quote:
Originally posted by Spencer29
The only way I see the youth system becoming as realistic as possible to the real game is

Who apart from you said or wants it to be like real life, it's a flipping online game for crying out loud? You really are like a broken record.

Suggestions were put forward over 20 seasons ago by a think tank that were asked to come up with ideas to improve many areas of the game, youth academy included. Ron has taken them on board apparently but doesn't have the time to do anything. All of this you have been told before and has been documented but still you go on about the same things. If you don't like the game as it is with all it's current flaws.....leave, simples isn't it?

Can a MOD or GM just say yes we will make youths and the youth academy exactly like real life or how Spencer wants so Spencer can get on to the next flaw in the game he wants improving?

9th Feb 20 9:31 PM
stripey
Posts 6,150
I wish Spencer would learn to use punctuation!

9th Feb 20 11:03 PM
Spencer29
Posts 23
Quote:
Originally posted by NotSoSpecialOne
Who apart from you said or wants it to be like real life, it's a flipping online game for crying out loud? You really are like a broken record.

Suggestions were put forward over 20 seasons ago by a think tank that were asked to come up with ideas to improve many areas of the game, youth academy included. Ron has taken them on board apparently but doesn't have the time to do anything. All of this you have been told before and has been documented but still you go on about the same things. If you don't like the game as it is with all it's current flaws.....leave, simples isn't it?

Can a MOD or GM just say yes we will make youths and the youth academy exactly like real life or how Spencer wants so Spencer can get on to the next flaw in the game he wants improving?

I think you should leave the game personally as quite obviously you cannot or do not understand what is written on the tin but I will quote it for you.

Shut the door on the way out and throw the key little man.

"Manage and build your own football club from the ground up and lead your players to glory. Compete with thousands of real online football managers who want to win the football league title and become the top football manager. Enter your club into Football League Cup and Super Cup competitions.

ITSAGOAL.org gives you full control over your football club and players. Buy and sell players on the transfer market or nurture youth players through your club's football youth academy. Increase the size of your football ground and get extra gate revenue. ITSAGOAL.org gives you the total experience of being a real football manager"

9th Feb 20 11:55 PM
NotSoSpecialOne
Posts 538
Quote:
I think you should leave the game personally as quite obviously you cannot or do not understand what is written on the tin but I will quote it for you.

Ha, ha, even your insult makes no sense. If all I am doing is shutting the door on my way out why would I need the key? Surely you, the gatekeeper, needs the key to lock it after me so I can't return otherwise all that has happened is I've locked you in and I can also let myself back in when I like?

9th Feb 20 11:59 PM
NotSoSpecialOne
Posts 538
Quote:

"Manage and build your own football club from the ground up and lead your players to glory. Compete with thousands of real online football managers who want to win the football league title and become the top football manager. Enter your club into Football League Cup and Super Cup competitions.

ITSAGOAL.org gives you full control over your football club and players. Buy and sell players on the transfer market or nurture youth players through your club's football youth academy. Increase the size of your football ground and get extra gate revenue. ITSAGOAL.org gives you the total experience of being a real football manager"

So where in all of this quote of yours does it say this game, especially the youth academy, is exactly like real life, all I see is total experience of being a real football manager. The game does indeed give you that experience though doesn't it?

10th Feb 20 9:23 AM
NotSoSpecialOne
Posts 538
Quote:

Thinking about this more, there's something that sounds very familiar with this retort of referring to anybody that disagrees with you as 'little man' from your previous guise before Spencer....it's a very poor show to bring a persons sex into an argument/discussion as it is makes it sexist and offensive especially when you don't know what i identify as and that is a contravention of forum rules i do believe if you want to quote those as well.

What next, are you going to refer to me as a black, little man or something when you have no idea who I am?

As outrageous as that is, it is no different and hiding behind a keyboard doesn't make it any more right.

10th Feb 20 10:27 AM
FootballManager
Posts 298
Guys, do we have to do this in this thread? It?s a great way for us to all keep track and discuss youth progress, whether or not anyone agrees or disagrees with the way the game handles the youth academy is not for this so let?s not pollute it with an argument...

10th Feb 20 12:26 PM
Trickyuk
Posts 181
Wow a thread where debate turns into mud slinging and childish argument.

That hardly ever happens on here!!

10th Feb 20 1:34 PM
Spencer29
Posts 23
Quote:
Originally posted by NotSoSpecialOne
Thinking about this more, there's something that sounds very familiar with this retort of referring to anybody that disagrees with you as 'little man' from your previous guise before Spencer....it's a very poor show to bring a persons sex into an argument/discussion as it is makes it sexist and offensive especially when you don't know what i identify as and that is a contravention of forum rules i do believe if you want to quote those as well.

What next, are you going to refer to me as a black, little man or something when you have no idea who I am?

As outrageous as that is, it is no different and hiding behind a keyboard doesn't make it any more right.

I?ve no idea what you are blabbing on about, maybe I caught you at a back time having lost in supercup or something and no idea what you are on about as I?ve not once mentioned sex besides calling you a ? little man? because all you seem to do is have a go time and again. I?m not calling the game rubbish and never have but writing where I think future improvements can be made in respect to the Y.a doesn?t deserve your always putting down what I wish to write about. I am not hurting anyone but simply saying if the game is as realistic as being a football manager then improving the youth system to a system where players can improve beyond what the come into the first team as wouldn?t be a bad idea and throwing in some more duds so maybe the top teams now and again get slammed for a big 30 million transfer fee and ending up with a player they thouggtvwas better and a a viable way.

Calling you a little man was because your name suggests your a Male and nothing more but I have noticed you always pile in and not necessarily in the best light of a forum

10th Feb 20 5:30 PM
ironpsycho_2nd
Posts 189
Quote:
Originally posted by Trickyuk
Wow a thread where debate turns into mud slinging and childish argument.

That hardly ever happens on here!!

10th Feb 20 8:07 PM
TopGun2
Posts 568
Youth keeper promoted today, still only 1 fail in 15 seasons

10th Feb 20 9:18 PM
Monamac1_2nd
Posts 756
Quote:
Originally posted by TopGun2

Wow great record!!

10th Feb 20 9:20 PM
BubbaGump
Posts 473
Quote:
Originally posted by TopGun2

you've only tried promoting two youths in 15 seasons? :big grin:

Only joking... very nice record there!

10th Feb 20 9:34 PM
Monamac1
Posts 119
My scout 37 rated scout brought in a 43 rated 14 yr old. ill take that

10th Feb 20 10:15 PM
stripey_2nd
Posts 281
Spencer and NSSO - please continue the argument part of your discussion elsewhere and privately, as has alreadybeen sensibly suggested. It's going nowhere on here.

11th Feb 20 8:46 AM
FootballManager
Posts 298
Quote:
Originally posted by stripey_2nd
Spencer and Football Manager - please continue the argument part of your discussion elsewhere and privately, as one of you has already sensibly suggested. It's going nowhere on here.

Sorry Stripey it wasn't me arguing, it was NSSO and Spencer I suggested that they take it elsewhere as I quite like reading the actual youth updates in this thread

11th Feb 20 9:35 AM
BubbaGump
Posts 473
Quote:
Originally posted by BubbaGump
My current YA is at max capacity but if my scouts find anything i'll try and promote my 16yo to free up the space.

A Baburin (61) 15yo
I Bacon (45) 14yo *NOT EVEN ATTS*
S Fetsko (55) 15yo *NOT EVEN ATTS*
K Oni (57) 14yo
W Kühlewein (60) 15yo
E Kane (52) 14yo
Z Belaouf (50) 16yo
F Figueroa (4 14yo

The two defenders without even atts I don't know will promoted very well if they do.

This is where I'm at atm. A little frustrated with the lack of improvements from the YA in the last 2 weeks

4 Baburin (61) 16 yrs
I Bacon (45) 15 yrs
K Oni (61) 14 yrs
W Kühlewein (60) 16 yrs
E Kane (52) 15 yrs
Z Belaouf (50) 16 yrs
F Figueroa (4 15 yrs
M Remian (46) 12 yrs

11th Feb 20 9:38 AM
stripey
Posts 6,150
Quote:
Originally posted by FootballManager
Sorry Stripey it wasn't me arguing, it was NSSO and Spencer I suggested that they take it elsewhere as I quite like reading the actual youth updates in this thread

Whoops - sorry, FM! I've amended my previous post!

Copyright © 2024 - IAG Games Ltd. All rights reserved.
Disclaimer | Privacy policy | Terms of use | Rules of game