ITSAGOAL.org - More than just a game
HomeManagerClubMatch daySquadTransfersLeagueCompetitionsStatisticsCommunityHelpShop

View forum thread

CREATE
Create your football club from the ground up and establish yourself as a football manager.
MANAGE
Manage every aspect of your football club from player transfers to squad training.
COMPETE
Go head to head with thousands of football managers from all over the world.
New General Discussions Forum
13th Sep 20 11:58 AM
pleasantsurprise
Posts 6,330
Quote:
Originally posted by sullymcfc
Thx stripey youth promoted on 2 days hope the next one does the same he?s on 62 rating atm and still rising at about 4 a week

Good stuff sully. Fingers crossed for the next one!

13th Sep 20 12:22 PM
FootballManager
Posts 295
A question for those who have successfully been using the Youth Academy...

Having been keeping an eye on this post for quite some time, I understand that when adding a youth to your academy initially, the closer the three mental, physical and technical attributes are to each other the better, such as 30, 30, 30. This is more likely to result in a youth which has better fixed attributes when promoted to your squad.

However...

When looking at current players who're in the 90s with their fixed attributes, their mental, physical and technical attributes are somewhat unbalanced.

Take Hendrick Vanderveer as an example, my 92 rated right wing back. Mental rating is 92, physical is 89 and technical rating is 84. Not so balanced...

Should we instead be aiming to find youths matching this instead, so for a defender, higher mental rating, then physical, then technical in order of preference?

I appreciate that this may vary per position (goalkeeper, defender, midfielder, forward) and then may vary again such as centre back, wing back etc.

Thoughts?

13th Sep 20 12:33 PM
TopGun2
Posts 569
Interesting thoughts FM, not something I've looked into in the past.

However, the theory of wanting balanced attributes in a youth is that the improvements they make in the academy follow the balance so any imbalance gets bigger and bigger.

That imbalance then translates into imbalances in the fixed attributes when they promote which in turn leads to skills maxing out too low. It doesn't translate that some skills still go really high when others max out early which is what you'd need to see for your theory to work out well.

You won't have seen a player get to a 90+ rating in any skill without their fixed attributes being pretty well balanced at 80+ so even if you accept an imbalance in youth skills it needs to be small enough that one skill doesn't end up too far behind the others leading to some low fixed attributes which then hold back the skills development.

13th Sep 20 6:16 PM
BubbaGump
Posts 473
I have a 63 rated 16yo youth on the promotions list for tonights update. Fingers crossed he chooses to accept! Just 3 days left on his contract.

13th Sep 20 6:20 PM
stripey
Posts 6,152
FM, 92/89/84 translates to 31/30/28 at a good youth level, which would look very well balancedl - I think someone else pointed out that their FAs increase proportionately.

13th Sep 20 6:21 PM
stripey
Posts 6,152
Quote:
Originally posted by BubbaGump
I have a 63 rated 16yo youth on the promotions list for tonights update. Fingers crossed he chooses to accept! Just 3 days left on his contract.
Good luck!

13th Sep 20 6:30 PM
pleasantsurprise
Posts 6,330
Quote:
Originally posted by FootballManager
A question for those who have successfully been using the Youth Academy...

Having been keeping an eye on this post for quite some time, I understand that when adding a youth to your academy initially, the closer the three mental, physical and technical attributes are to each other the better, such as 30, 30, 30. This is more likely to result in a youth which has better fixed attributes when promoted to your squad.

However...

When looking at current players who're in the 90s with their fixed attributes, their mental, physical and technical attributes are somewhat unbalanced.

Take Hendrick Vanderveer as an example, my 92 rated right wing back. Mental rating is 92, physical is 89 and technical rating is 84. Not so balanced...

Should we instead be aiming to find youths matching this instead, so for a defender, higher mental rating, then physical, then technical in order of preference?

I appreciate that this may vary per position (goalkeeper, defender, midfielder, forward) and then may vary again such as centre back, wing back etc.

Thoughts?

I don't think any top player (90+ rating) has a technical rating in the 90's. It always seems to be 80's.

No idea why though, just seems to be one of those things.

13th Sep 20 7:45 PM
FootballManager
Posts 295
Quote:
Originally posted by TopGun2
Interesting thoughts FM, not something I've looked into in the past.

However, the theory of wanting balanced attributes in a youth is that the improvements they make in the academy follow the balance so any imbalance gets bigger and bigger.

That imbalance then translates into imbalances in the fixed attributes when they promote which in turn leads to skills maxing out too low. It doesn't translate that some skills still go really high when others max out early which is what you'd need to see for your theory to work out well.

You won't have seen a player get to a 90+ rating in any skill without their fixed attributes being pretty well balanced at 80+ so even if you accept an imbalance in youth skills it needs to be small enough that one skill doesn't end up too far behind the others leading to some low fixed attributes which then hold back the skills development.

Quote:
Originally posted by stripey
FM, 92/89/84 translates to 31/30/28 at a good youth level, which would look very well balancedl - I think someone else pointed out that their FAs increase proportionately.

Quote:
Originally posted by pleasantsurprise
I don't think any top player (90+ rating) has a technical rating in the 90's. It always seems to be 80's.

No idea why though, just seems to be one of those things.

Thanks all, very useful insight the balance between attributes make sense then, especially using Stripey's example.

13th Sep 20 10:48 PM
BubbaGump
Posts 473
Quote:
Originally posted by BubbaGump

He successfully promoted. Gutted one of his FA's is in the 50s but should train up nicely still.

14th Sep 20 2:50 AM
satellite360
Posts 228
Quote:
Originally posted by stripey
I think someone else pointed out that their FAs increase proportionately.

That is certainly not always the case. I have a player in my Academy who was 10/10/10 when I got him, he is now 41/38/49.

14th Sep 20 9:52 AM
stripey
Posts 6,152
Quote:
Originally posted by satellite360
That is certainly not always the case. I have a player in my Academy who was 10/10/10 when I got him, he is now 41/38/49.
Interesting! Even if he were 9.8/9.6/10.4 then this would be a significant diversion.

18th Sep 20 9:53 PM
Piper_FC
Posts 1,357
Mathieu Verguts (9) just accepted promotion to the senior squad. He was a 60-rated youth, but promoted with a lowest fixed of 41. Should turn into a pretty decent squad player for many.

He was promoted when he had 1 day left on his contract and had been with me for 3 seasons.

I think I'll train his stamina until it can't go higher and list him as he won't help me with my current charge.

25th Sep 20 9:29 PM
ironpsycho
Posts 113
Have you ever added a youth to your academy and meant to decline?

25th Sep 20 9:54 PM
pleasant_2nd
Posts 1,193
Quote:
Originally posted by ironpsycho

Tsk. As if....

25th Sep 20 10:21 PM
stripey
Posts 6,152
Quote:
Originally posted by pleasant_2nd
Tsk. As if....
Me too

25th Sep 20 10:47 PM
sideshowbob
Posts 41
Quote:
Originally posted by ironpsycho

Yep. Sure have!

25th Sep 20 10:55 PM
sideshowbob
Posts 41
Quote:
Originally posted by Piper_FC
Mathieu Verguts (9) just accepted promotion to the senior squad. He was a 60-rated youth, but promoted with a lowest fixed of 41. Should turn into a pretty decent squad player for many.

He was promoted when he had 1 day left on his contract and had been with me for 3 seasons.

I think I'll train his stamina until it can't go higher and list him as he won't help me with my current charge.

What is the logic of training focusing on stamina (which I see is well into the 50s at this point)?

I ask as I've just had a 42 rated youth (imbalanced too if I recall) Chakib Dali who promoted with a lowest fixed attribute of 58. He had 21 days left on his contract but was promoted to make room for a 42 rated 14 year old with very balanced attributes.

26th Sep 20 12:53 AM
satellite360
Posts 228
Quote:
Originally posted by robbiejlove
What is the logic of training focusing on stamina (which I see is well into the 50s at this point)?

I ask as I've just had a 42 rated youth (imbalanced too if I recall) Chakib Dali who promoted with a lowest fixed attribute of 58. He had 21 days left on his contract but was promoted to make room for a 42 rated 14 year old with very balanced attributes.

Stamina is an attribute you can usually train very quickly, so with decent coaches you can get a red bar on stamina within a few days. This is a good indication as to how his other attributes will train up.

If stamina maxxes out in the 20s for example, his other attributes are not likely to go much higher.

26th Sep 20 2:06 AM
sideshowbob
Posts 41
Quote:
Originally posted by satellite360
Stamina is an attribute you can usually train very quickly, so with decent coaches you can get a red bar on stamina within a few days. This is a good indication as to how his other attributes will train up.

If stamina maxxes out in the 20s for example, his other attributes are not likely to go much higher.

Thanks very much. Still in the learning curve with the game. This info helps!

4th Oct 20 1:38 AM
AKRAZY
Posts 229
My youth academy is looking pretty good, 1 rated 52 5 rated 40+ 15 year old rated 38 and a 13 year old rated 38...

1 of the 40+ is a 15 year old rated 46 so his got a full season of development yet, I'm hoping he reaches 60+ but I will be happy if he gains +10 ratings too

got some good value here if I manage to persuade them to sign a senior contract, had bad luck with players rated 50+ so far, lets hope that changes.

Copyright © 2024 - IAG Games Ltd. All rights reserved.
Disclaimer | Privacy policy | Terms of use | Rules of game