ITSAGOAL.org - More than just a game
HomeManagerClubMatch daySquadTransfersLeagueCompetitionsStatisticsCommunityHelpShop

View forum thread

CREATE
Create your football club from the ground up and establish yourself as a football manager.
MANAGE
Manage every aspect of your football club from player transfers to squad training.
COMPETE
Go head to head with thousands of football managers from all over the world.
New General Discussions Forum
8th Aug 20 7:45 PM
Piper_FC
Posts 1,357
Quote:
Originally posted by calvino_spark
No, only just reached 70 overall.

Only a 70?? Are you sure? That gives me so much hope for my youths

8th Aug 20 8:32 PM
sideshowbob
Posts 41
Quote:
Originally posted by calvino_spark
No, only just reached 70 overall.

Congrats, what a prospect! As said already, I think it gives hope for all who would like to use the youth academies

8th Aug 20 8:46 PM
pleasantsurprise
Posts 6,332
Quote:
Originally posted by Piper_FC
Only a 70?? Are you sure? That gives me so much hope for my youths

Yes!

So all my 30 rated youths will turn into 50s fixed seniors.

All my 40 rated youths will turn into 60s fixed seniors.

Al my 50 rated youths etc etc...

(In your dreams PS )

8th Aug 20 8:49 PM
Piper_FC
Posts 1,357
Quote:
Originally posted by pleasantsurprise
Yes!

So all my 30 rated youths will turn into 50s fixed seniors.

All my 40 rated youths will turn into 60s fixed seniors.

Al my 50 rated youths etc etc...

(In your dreams PS )

I had one just turn 70 overall today (my best ever!). We'll see if he A) accepts, and B) somehow reaches those dizzy heights of all 90s. I'm not holding my breath for either A or B

8th Aug 20 9:03 PM
Lovemaster
Posts 486
Quote:
Originally posted by robbiejlove
Congrats, what a prospect! As said already, I think it gives hope for all who would like to use the youth academies
Couldn't agree more. From number 1, to number 1000, let us all find good youths.
I've always made that point.

8th Aug 20 9:34 PM
stripey
Posts 6,150
Quote:
Originally posted by Lovemaster
Couldn't agree more. From number 1, to number 1000, let us all find good youths.
I've always made that point.

Quote:
Originally posted by Lovemaster
Utterly despise the youth academy.

So you have!

8th Aug 20 9:49 PM
Lovemaster
Posts 486
Quote:
Originally posted by stripey
So you have!
And will continue to do so.

16th Aug 20 12:14 AM
roland68
Posts 973
After two reasonably good youth promotions at the end of season 31/start of season 32, the next two youths who were offered a career at Yanjing Dragons both rejected.

Not so long ago, I successfully promoted a youth, rated 61 in the YA with a a lowest skill of 54 but promoted with stats including 41,42,44 which was really disappointing. I hope he trains up to be better than he looks. Another one due to be promoted soon that has very balanced stats but hasn't improved much in the YA. Fingers crossed he's a bit better.

16th Aug 20 10:48 AM
czambrana_2nd
Posts 15
Quote:
Originally posted by roland68
After two reasonably good youth promotions at the end of season 31/start of season 32, the next two youths who were offered a career at Yanjing Dragons both rejected.

Not so long ago, I successfully promoted a youth, rated 61 in the YA with a a lowest skill of 54 but promoted with stats including 41,42,44 which was really disappointing. I hope he trains up to be better than he looks. Another one due to be promoted soon that has very balanced stats but hasn't improved much in the YA. Fingers crossed he's a bit better.
How do you know the stats of a player to the number like that. I promoted Tobar a defender in my team. He didn't look anything special as a youth but looks really good as a player unless he is a dud.

16th Aug 20 1:45 PM
roland68
Posts 973
Quote:
Originally posted by czambrana_2nd
How do you know the stats of a player to the number like that. I promoted Tobar a defender in my team. He didn't look anything special as a youth but looks really good as a player unless he is a dud.

I was referring to his fixed attributes, the lowest of which are 41, 42 and 44.. The others are actually pretty high but they vary wildly considering his three stats were more balanced in the academy.. Apologies if that wasn't very clear.

17th Aug 20 9:50 PM
stripey
Posts 6,150
Quote:
Originally posted by Piper_FC
I had one just turn 70 overall today (my best ever!). We'll see if he A) accepts, and B) somehow reaches those dizzy heights of all 90s. I'm not holding my breath for either A or B
What happened with this one, Piper?

18th Aug 20 10:00 PM
Lovemaster2nd
Posts 263
Quote:
Have you got something to do with the youth academy?

18th Aug 20 10:02 PM
Piper_FC
Posts 1,357
Quote:

Still in the academy. I'm not going to promote until he's just about done with his contract that ends when he's 17.

Never you fear, I will keep you posted

18th Aug 20 10:16 PM
stripey
Posts 6,150
Quote:
Originally posted by Lovemaster2nd
Have you got something to do with the youth academy?
We all have!

18th Aug 20 10:26 PM
stripey
Posts 6,150
Quote:
4th mission completed, and out of the six 11-15 year-olds, there was a corker! 14 years old, and rated at 31-32-30.

This one's now aged 17 and rated overall at 62, so now the question is do I simply let him turn 18 or do I nip in with a first team place offer a couple of days before that?

18th Aug 20 11:20 PM
roland68
Posts 973
Quote:
This one's now aged 17 and rated overall at 62, so now the question is do I simply let him turn 18 or do I nip in with a first team place offer a couple of days before that?

If he is going to turn 18 during this contract anyway, then I'd just leave him until he automatically makes a choice.
If his contract is going run out anytime while he is still 17, promote just before tha happens.

22nd Aug 20 11:08 PM
stripey
Posts 6,150
Quote:
Originally posted by roland68
If he is going to turn 18 during this contract anyway, then I'd just leave him until he automatically makes a choice.
If his contract is going run out anytime while he is still 17, promote just before tha happens.
It's the latter of these two, so I'll bookmark the date - two days before the contract runs out has worked very well in the past.

23rd Aug 20 4:20 PM
Lemmy
Posts 469
Right

I've been analysing the data I have on the youths I've had in the academy from season 1.

I've been trying to determine whether there is an optimum age and rating for prospective youths.

I don't know if this will vary for different managers but this is what I have come up with for myself.

Looking at youths that have made it to level 60 and above, they fall mostly into the 12-13 year old bracket with a couple starting at 14 years old. There are no 11 year old youths that have got so high.

It appears that for me there is a general maximum amount of points that a youth will put on which is between 33-35. Did have one that put on 41 but that was an exception.

Looking at those starting at 14 years old and 40+ rating they only put on between 2-5 points.

Most of the youths have been fairly unbalanced across their PMT though.

So the conclusion is only take on 12-13 year old youths with a rating of 35+ to hopefully get to 65-75 rated before promoting.
Also only take on 14 year olds if they are rated at 60+, rare but I have had one starting at 62 and going on to 65.

Whether having balanced stats would make a big difference I do not know yet but should help the fixed stats so I aim to only take on youths from now on that are reasonably well balanced as well.

Would be interested to know other managers experience with this.

23rd Aug 20 6:17 PM
sideshowbob
Posts 41
Thanks for sharing this information Lemmy. I've not really utilized the Youths too much but it's something that i wish to do further of in the future.

Does anyone know if I explicitly need 50+ rated youth coaches to get players developing into their 50's, or can there be exceptions?

23rd Aug 20 8:38 PM
Lemmy
Posts 469
Quote:
Originally posted by robbiejlove

Does anyone know if I explicitly need 50+ rated youth coaches to get players developing into their 50's, or can there be exceptions?

No you don't, I got a youth up to 74 rated in season 9 with rubbish youth coaches.

Copyright © 2024 - IAG Games Ltd. All rights reserved.
Disclaimer | Privacy policy | Terms of use | Rules of game