ITSAGOAL.org - More than just a game
HomeManagerClubMatch daySquadTransfersLeagueCompetitionsStatisticsCommunityHelpShop

View forum thread

CREATE
Create your football club from the ground up and establish yourself as a football manager.
MANAGE
Manage every aspect of your football club from player transfers to squad training.
COMPETE
Go head to head with thousands of football managers from all over the world.
New General Discussions Forum
3rd Dec 20 9:12 PM
stripey
Posts 6,137
I've had another little gem, and it looks a bit like Singe's, quoted above.
Antonio Edivandio came in at age 12, rated 4/5/6 (5). During his five and a half seasons, he made only moderate progress in the academy, rising to 38 overall. I let him run until he turned 18, and got the PM today that he had accepted a place in the first team. I didn't expect that much, but got a very nice surprise.

So that's one supporting the balanced stats theory, but nothing about him suggested that he'd turn out this well.

10th Dec 20 8:22 PM
Lemmy
Posts 470
Hackworth just promoted

Was 77 rated looks decent.

10th Dec 20 8:26 PM
Lemmy
Posts 470
Just taken on a 56 rated 14 yo, bit unbalanced but couldn't resist

10th Dec 20 8:39 PM
ironpsycho_2nd
Posts 187
Quote:
Originally posted by stripey
I've had another little gem, and it looks a bit like Singe's, quoted above.
Antonio Edivandio came in at age 12, rated 4/5/6 (5). During his five and a half seasons, he made only moderate progress in the academy, rising to 38 overall. I let him run until he turned 18, and got the PM today that he had accepted a place in the first team. I didn't expect that much, but got a very nice surprise.

So that's one supporting the balanced stats theory, but nothing about him suggested that he'd turn out this well.

He looks surprisingly decent too

10th Dec 20 8:56 PM
stripey
Posts 6,137
Quote:
Originally posted by Lemmy
Hackworth just promoted

Nice.

11th Dec 20 1:53 AM
Piper_FC
Posts 1,357
Quote:
Originally posted by Lemmy
Hackworth just promoted

He looks quite good! Enjoy that one

14th Dec 20 10:45 AM
Euro
Posts 60
Its finally time to start promoting some youths (in my 2nd team, Flying Squirrels), I have pressed the button on two 17 year olds today:

50 rated RB
31 rated FW

Not show stoppers but will do a job if they accept.

14th Dec 20 6:38 PM
stripey_2nd
Posts 279
Best of luck with them, Euro!

14th Dec 20 9:06 PM
Andy1970
Posts 30
Disappointed
Short of players, cany buy anyone despite having the cash to do so, so promoted my 17yo with 9 days left, rated 67, took him on as a 14yo rated 45, so improved 22 in over 3 seasons, and he's turned me down. It's just really depressing, best youth in my academy by a long chalk, and the only chance I had to get a player into my squad, and it's chaled off due to some algorithm
Think I'll just take on 16-18yo in the hope that they promote after a season or two, as what's the point in nurturing them for 3-4 seasons if they just leave

14th Dec 20 9:28 PM
stripey
Posts 6,137
That's tough luck, Andy.

14th Dec 20 9:34 PM
AKRAZY
Posts 229
Quote:
Originally posted by Andy1970
Disappointed
Short of players, cany buy anyone despite having the cash to do so, so promoted my 17yo with 9 days left, rated 67, took him on as a 14yo rated 45, so improved 22 in over 3 seasons, and he's turned me down. It's just really depressing, best youth in my academy by a long chalk, and the only chance I had to get a player into my squad, and it's chaled off due to some algorithm
Think I'll just take on 16-18yo in the hope that they promote after a season or two, as what's the point in nurturing them for 3-4 seasons if they just leave

I feel the same way, I had this in previous version, promoted a 67 rated striker, looked to be a good player and was well on way to hitting his rating, didn't get to complete him as IAG3 come along, but keep trying 1 will come, I have been doing mostly 16-18 yr olds all way through iag3 and has done okay for me, the up side to taking 16-18 yr olds is you can pump a few out a season if you get lucky, i'd still nuture a couple though its hard to find 8 players worthy each season when searching 16-18 yr olds.

14th Dec 20 10:13 PM
sullymcfc
Posts 71
Tough that Andy have you tried promoting with 2 days left it?s worked 100% for me including a 67 rated midfielder just recently

15th Dec 20 11:33 AM
Andy1970_2nd
Posts 22
I usually wait until they turn 18 on their own, and have had a very good success rate that way, but yes maybe I should have wait a few more days? Who knows how the algorithm works.

15th Dec 20 11:52 AM
stripey
Posts 6,137
Quote:
Originally posted by Andy1970_2nd
I usually wait until they turn 18 on their own, and have had a very good success rate that way, but yes maybe I should have wait a few more days? Who knows how the algorithm works.
Waiting until their 18th has worked for all four of mine this year, but I also subscribe to the 2-day theory.

16th Dec 20 9:24 AM
Euro
Posts 60
Quote:
Originally posted by Euro
Its finally time to start promoting some youths (in my 2nd team, Flying Squirrels), I have pressed the button on two 17 year olds today:

50 rated RB
31 rated FW

Not show stoppers but will do a job if they accept.

The RB accepted and FW rejected, il take that! Stats aren't amazing but he will fill a space for a good few years at least

16th Dec 20 7:43 PM
AKRAZY
Posts 229
Quote:
Originally posted by Euro
The RB accepted and FW rejected, il take that! Stats aren't amazing but he will fill a space for a good few years at least

well at least you got the better of the 2, my luck has been the reverse, can't manage to get any 50+ promotions, hoping it starts to balance out soon and they all start accepting.. I have a 54 rated FW and a 52 rated RB which i bring into the academy as soon as I make space, promoting a bad youth tonight to make space.

16th Dec 20 8:18 PM
ironpsycho
Posts 111
Graham Sirett turned 18 yesterday and promoted to the squad.
He is nothing fancy but a steady CB who I?ll train up hopefully and sell on.

16th Dec 20 9:18 PM
sideshowbob
Posts 41
Glad to see a few successes with promotions

Since there has been some debate about imbalanced stat players, here is a player who i will be attempting to promote within the next two weeks.

He's unlikely to sign up, but if he does, will be interesting to see how his stats look considering he must be one of the most imbalanced youths i've seen!

Godfredo Aragon.

Physical = 17
Mental = 86
Technical = 55

Overall = 53

16th Dec 20 9:28 PM
stripey
Posts 6,137
Quote:
Originally posted by robbiejlove
Glad to see a few successes with promotions

Since there has been some debate about imbalanced stat players, here is a player who i will be attempting to promote within the next two weeks.

He's unlikely to sign up, but if he does, will be interesting to see how his stats look considering he must be one of the most imbalanced youths i've seen!

Godfredo Aragon.

Physical = 17
Mental = 86
Technical = 55

Overall = 53

Maybe this is one with two left feet, then.

16th Dec 20 10:51 PM
maddog17
Posts 273
I've got a 68 rated 15 year old left footed Hole Player in my Academy

He's already had the scouts from McDonalds, Subway, KFC and Burger King looking at him

Greggs are at the training ground tomorrow with Lidl and Aldi.

Exciting times....

Copyright © 2024 - IAG Games Ltd. All rights reserved.
Disclaimer | Privacy policy | Terms of use | Rules of game