ITSAGOAL.org - More than just a game
HomeManagerClubMatch daySquadTransfersLeagueCompetitionsStatisticsCommunityHelpShop

View forum thread

CREATE
Create your football club from the ground up and establish yourself as a football manager.
MANAGE
Manage every aspect of your football club from player transfers to squad training.
COMPETE
Go head to head with thousands of football managers from all over the world.
New General Discussions Forum
16th Dec 20 11:21 PM
sideshowbob
Posts 41
Last two posts =

17th Dec 20 8:12 AM
sullymcfc
Posts 68
It might be an idea to change your team names to kfc Golden Arches or Burger King they might accept then

17th Dec 20 9:24 AM
Trickyuk
Posts 181
Quote:
Originally posted by robbiejlove
Glad to see a few successes with promotions

Since there has been some debate about imbalanced stat players, here is a player who i will be attempting to promote within the next two weeks.

He's unlikely to sign up, but if he does, will be interesting to see how his stats look considering he must be one of the most imbalanced youths i've seen!

Godfredo Aragon.

Physical = 17
Mental = 86
Technical = 55

Overall = 53

I think I played football with this guy when i was at school.

He was a really good player, could knock a 40 yard pass straight to your feet but couldn't run for more than 5 meters without having to stop for a rest.

17th Dec 20 2:19 PM
sideshowbob
Posts 41
Quote:
Originally posted by Trickyuk

He was a really good player, could knock a 40 yard pass straight to your feet but couldn't run for more than 5 meters without having to stop for a rest.

I think we all knew one of these guys. Heck, I was one of these guys (well apart from the ability to play a pin-point 40 yard pass)

17th Dec 20 3:01 PM
Piper_FC
Posts 1,357
Quote:
Originally posted by Trickyuk

Jonjo Shelvey? Probably would have 100 technical, but the physical seems about right

And now that I think about it, his odd desire to get red cards for dumb things probably puts him at about 50 mental...it looks like I'm way off the mark

17th Dec 20 6:31 PM
sideshowbob
Posts 41
Quote:
Originally posted by Piper_FC
Jonjo Shelvey? Probably would have 100 technical, but the physical seems about right

And now that I think about it, his odd desire to get red cards for dumb things probably puts him at about 50 mental...it looks like I'm way off the mark

If his techincal ability was 70 - 80 i would have said Adam Lallana. I think i recall him playing in League One for Southampton but not being deemed fit to be a 90 minute player, when he was in his mid 20s.

18th Dec 20 11:11 PM
Andy1970
Posts 30
And then the silliness of the youth academy, 17yo rated 52 who I put in at 17, and has just turned 18, has promoted, so what's the point of putting them in their for 3+ years, just need to find good rated 17yo now!

19th Dec 20 9:45 PM
stripey
Posts 6,152
The Stripey Babes bubble has burst! My best remaining prospect in the academy, Vodovos, rated 58, just turned 18 and has gone to Burgerland.

31st Dec 20 12:38 PM
TopGun2
Posts 569
3 out of 3 for me in the last season or so. Schaefer (turned 18 ), Lobo and Jinmei (2 days left on contracts at 17) all rated mid 40s in the academy so not great.

Schaefer and Lobo were a bit unbalanced and their attributes now reflect that, Jinmei was a lot unbalanced (15,52,70) but his attributes are pretty even considering.

My conclusion from those, and data I've seen previously, is that the fixed attributes are largely random, but in a way that relates to the overall rating of the youth rather than the balance of the youth. That said, having balanced youths is still preferable as their increases in the academy will generally be more rapid because all attributes will increase rather than just one or two, thus driving the overall up faster.

31st Dec 20 12:54 PM
ironpsycho
Posts 113
Not a bad ratio tg.
I have had a decliner, but wasn?t a gem (rated45 midfielder) but would have guaranteed a slice of money once sold. Tried to oromote him with just 3 days left on his contract, all previous had @ccepted at this stage

31st Dec 20 1:42 PM
pleasantsurprise
Posts 6,330
Quote:
Originally posted by TopGun2
3 out of 3 for me in the last season or so. Schaefer (turned 18 ), Lobo and Jinmei (2 days left on contracts at 17) all rated mid 40s in the academy so not great.

Schaefer and Lobo were a bit unbalanced and their attributes now reflect that, Jinmei was a lot unbalanced (15,52,70) but his attributes are pretty even considering.

My conclusion from those, and data I've seen previously, is that the fixed attributes are largely random, but in a way that relates to the overall rating of the youth rather than the balance of the youth. That said, having balanced youths is still preferable as their increases in the academy will generally be more rapid because all attributes will increase rather than just one or two, thus driving the overall up faster.

Speaking of increases in the Academy. Anyone else experiencing non-existent rating increases? I haven't had a single increase in any youth player in either of my teams since week 1. I think my youth coaches have gone on strike!

31st Dec 20 2:14 PM
TopGun2
Posts 569
I had a 7 week spell where only one player showed any increases, that was a tough period but we're back to getting gains again now.

31st Dec 20 8:54 PM
World
Posts 15
I am recruiting but as a new manager I dont have any yet

31st Dec 20 9:25 PM
stripey
Posts 6,152
Quote:
Originally posted by pleasantsurprise
Speaking of increases in the Academy. Anyone else experiencing non-existent rating increases? I haven't had a single increase in any youth player in either of my teams since week 1. I think my youth coaches have gone on strike!

Similar with mine.

2nd Jan 21 3:34 PM
sideshowbob
Posts 41
Quote:
Originally posted by robbiejlove
Glad to see a few successes with promotions

Since there has been some debate about imbalanced stat players, here is a player who i will be attempting to promote within the next two weeks.

He's unlikely to sign up, but if he does, will be interesting to see how his stats look considering he must be one of the most imbalanced youths i've seen!

Godfredo Aragon.

Physical = 17
Mental = 86
Technical = 55

Overall = 53

Happy Christmas and New Year all. Godfredo Aragon did promote, but is a bit imbalanced which is not a great surprise - especially for those who preach from the evenly balanced stats book. Still will be a useful squad player for me.

Replaced him with a 62 rated 14 year old who is by far the best youth that my scouts came back with. The chances of him accepting is minimal, but i thought of giving it a go!

2nd Jan 21 10:29 PM
sullymcfc
Posts 68
How many days left when you pressed promote

2nd Jan 21 11:28 PM
Dingo93
Posts 8
Hi all.
Happy New year to all on IAG. After reading of the various successes and failures of the scouting system here in this season of good cheer are my depressing side of things. My scout (rated 34) for a team with a ranking of 4,049 returned with a youth rated 10. He is a Forward/striker/both feet. His attributes are Physical=14 - Mental = 6 - Technical = 9. A previous scouting expedition returned two players rated in single digits. Which raises the question of am I wasting my time with the scouting system?. My second question is do I need a high number of scouts to produce (not a unicorn) but a player who may be suitable for my class of club.
All comments gratefully received.
Dingo 93.

3rd Jan 21 6:10 AM
sideshowbob
Posts 41
Quote:
Originally posted by sullymcfc
How many days left when you pressed promote

2 days left. Heard some had success with this period so tried it myself.

3rd Jan 21 6:14 AM
sideshowbob
Posts 41
Quote:
Originally posted by Dingo93
Hi all.
Happy New year to all on IAG. After reading of the various successes and failures of the scouting system here in this season of good cheer are my depressing side of things. My scout (rated 34) for a team with a ranking of 4,049 returned with a youth rated 10. He is a Forward/striker/both feet. His attributes are Physical=14 - Mental = 6 - Technical = 9. A previous scouting expedition returned two players rated in single digits. Which raises the question of am I wasting my time with the scouting system?. My second question is do I need a high number of scouts to produce (not a unicorn) but a player who may be suitable for my class of club.
Dingo 93.

Do you have just the one scout? I have hired a large number of scouts (6) and it can still take 3 or 4 different scouting trips (about 3 weeks) to return any decent player. Hiring a decent number of scouts and being patient with the returns is key for getting good youths, i feel.

3rd Jan 21 11:23 AM
TopGun2
Posts 569
Quote:
Originally posted by Dingo93
Hi all.
Dingo 93.

Players do improve in the academy so I wouldn't dismiss a youth just because he's single digit rated. If he's young and has balanced skills then a low rated can easily become a decent player.

Copyright © 2024 - IAG Games Ltd. All rights reserved.
Disclaimer | Privacy policy | Terms of use | Rules of game