ITSAGOAL.org - More than just a game
HomeManagerClubMatch daySquadTransfersLeagueCompetitionsStatisticsCommunityHelpShop

View forum thread

CREATE
Create your football club from the ground up and establish yourself as a football manager.
MANAGE
Manage every aspect of your football club from player transfers to squad training.
COMPETE
Go head to head with thousands of football managers from all over the world.
New General Discussions Forum
23rd Oct 23 8:38 PM
porkpie
Posts 233
Quote:
Originally posted by porkpie
I have a balanced 99 rated midfielder ready to promote. I will be quite upset if he rejects the chance for first team football as he's been in my academy for 5 or so years.

He hit 100 today, is 17 years old and has 11 days left of his youth contract.

I feel trigger happy, but I'm hoping to wait until he's down to his last few days.

23rd Oct 23 9:12 PM
stripey
Posts 6,153
Quote:
He hit 100 today, is 17 years old and has 11 days left of his youth contract.

I feel trigger happy, but I'm hoping to wait until he's down to his last few days.
Good luck with him, PP.

24th Oct 23 8:23 PM
chyperhondriac
Posts 281
Quote:
Originally posted by chyperhondriac
Here's another guessing game after Roland's last youth... Hason Gonzales joined at 14 rated 55, then did nothing for over a season. A few days off 16 he started to pull his finger out and now just after his 17th birthday he's rated 63/63/60->62.

At 15 he was a "great kid" but the season after he was "a bit of a puzzle". One more renewal assessment due in nine days.

Any bets on where he'll end up?

Well fair play to this kid, he's up to 83/82/78 with one more possible improvement before he turns 18. Will I get an at least 80s-rated player to cash in on?

In other news , I got excited by a 81-rated youth turning up in my scouts reports... 97/81/67

25th Oct 23 6:19 PM
AKRAZY
Posts 229
Quote:
Well fair play to this kid, he's up to 83/82/78 with one more possible improvement before he turns 18. Will I get an at least 80s-rated player to cash in on?

In other news , I got excited by a 81-rated youth turning up in my scouts reports... 97/81/67

What age>? still pretty good tbh.

25th Oct 23 6:21 PM
AKRAZY
Posts 229
I just pulled 2 90s
Goddard rated 97
And my GK was rated 92

Both should hit 90+ looking at their fixed but ya never know.

25th Oct 23 9:55 PM
chyperhondriac
Posts 281
Quote:
Originally posted by AKRAZY
What age>? still pretty good tbh.

Just over a week shy of 18 yep, he should turn out to be a decent prospect considering how long he flatlined for, and since I've already got four 80s-potential players he can move on somewhere else

25th Oct 23 9:56 PM
chyperhondriac
Posts 281
Quote:
I just pulled 2 90s
Goddard rated 97
And my GK was rated 92

Both should hit 90+ looking at their fixed but ya never know.

Both good promotions, well done!

25th Oct 23 10:15 PM
stripey
Posts 6,153
Quote:

Nice number, but isn't he a bit unbalanced?

26th Oct 23 10:57 AM
AKRAZY
Posts 229
Quote:
Just over a week shy of 18 yep, he should turn out to be a decent prospect considering how long he flatlined for, and since I've already got four 80s-potential players he can move on somewhere else

Oh no I meant the unbalanced guy from the scout reports? haha, because depending if he is 16-18 might be worth taking on for a quick 80s pot player, with the unbalanced stats though could be a bit of a gamble what his FA turn out like and or if he hits that potential though i guess,

26th Oct 23 5:07 PM
stripey
Posts 6,153
Quote:
Oh no I meant the unbalanced guy from the scout reports? haha, because depending if he is 16-18 might be worth taking on for a quick 80s pot player, with the unbalanced stats though could be a bit of a gamble what his FA turn out like and or if he hits that potential though i guess,
I reckon the FAs turn out close to the lowest of the Youth stats - others might concur or disagree....

26th Oct 23 5:23 PM
AKRAZY
Posts 229
Quote:
Originally posted by stripey
I reckon the FAs turn out close to the lowest of the Youth stats - others might concur or disagree....

That's what I was getting at, but I do believe you get some surprises also.

It's just variance

26th Oct 23 6:46 PM
chyperhondriac
Posts 281
Yeah, it's tempting as I've not had any other decent prospects come through...I'll see what my next round of scouts brings and then maybe pick him up if nothing good turns up.

26th Oct 23 8:11 PM
porkpie
Posts 233
My 100 rated youth Andvaranaut Olsen has joined my first team. He has decent fixed attributes.

Happy with that. Unsure whether to sell or keep him.

26th Oct 23 9:02 PM
Firesilver
Posts 983
Quote:
Originally posted by stripey

I'm going to go somewhere in between- I've promoted a few unbalanced youths in the past (before the youth update), some have had FAs close to their overall rating and other had FAs close to their lowest rating. However, the lower FA player then trained up better than his FAs might have suggested. So yeah, variance.

Quote:
Unsure whether to sell or keep him.

That's always the issue, isn't it? You could probably buy 2 or 3 players that could get to 80 rating with the proceeds of his sale- but you'll never get that 90-rated player if you don't keep him.

The obvious solution is to promote two 90-potential youths, sell one and keep the other. Easy!

(He says, more in hope than expectation- 23 and 25 days to go on my two 90+ rated youths)

26th Oct 23 9:37 PM
stripey
Posts 6,153
Quote:
My 100 rated youth Andvaranaut Olsen has joined my first team. He has decent fixed attributes.

Happy with that. Unsure whether to sell or keep him.
Very nice addition, .....or financial prospect.

27th Oct 23 9:13 PM
silkcut04
Posts 118
Impressive

1st Nov 23 8:27 PM
BubbaGump
Posts 473
Check out my latest youth.. Larbi Belaiz (9)

Must be one of the best GK's from the youth I'd imagine with all of those 98 and 99 FAs

1st Nov 23 9:10 PM
stripey
Posts 6,153
Quote:
Originally posted by BubbaGump

Must be one of the best GK's from the youth I'd imagine with all of those 98 and 99 FAs
Wow! Even the lowest is 96!

2nd Nov 23 8:31 AM
andyoz
Posts 176
Quote:

Wow! He is amazing!

2nd Nov 23 11:33 AM
chyperhondriac
Posts 281
Quote:

That is a pretty incredible promotion! I wonder how high he'll get, keep us updated

Copyright © 2024 - IAG Games Ltd. All rights reserved.
Disclaimer | Privacy policy | Terms of use | Rules of game