ITSAGOAL.org - More than just a game
HomeManagerClubMatch daySquadTransfersLeagueCompetitionsStatisticsCommunityHelpShop

View forum thread

CREATE
Create your football club from the ground up and establish yourself as a football manager.
MANAGE
Manage every aspect of your football club from player transfers to squad training.
COMPETE
Go head to head with thousands of football managers from all over the world.
New General Discussions Forum
17th Jul 23 10:11 PM
stripey
Posts 6,153
Wow, that's some 15-year-old!

23rd Jul 23 8:08 PM
TopGun2
Posts 570
Does anyone want to take a keeper off my hands? 4 quality keepers promoted in 3 seasons including today's all 90s one, I gotta get rid of some!

23rd Jul 23 8:15 PM
andyoz
Posts 176
Quote:
Originally posted by TopGun2
Does anyone want to take a keeper off my hands? 4 quality keepers promoted in 3 seasons including today's all 90s one, I gotta get rid of some!

Wow! Very jealous, top rated keepers are not easy to come by so to get 4 promote is very nice indeed.

23rd Jul 23 8:21 PM
TopGun2
Posts 570
Quote:
Originally posted by andyoz
Wow! Very jealous, top rated keepers are not easy to come by so to get 4 promote is very nice indeed.

They're not all top class to be fair, 1 70+, 2 80+ and today's 90+, but I'm still pretty happy with my academy in recent seasons

27th Jul 23 9:07 PM
chyperhondriac
Posts 281
Quote:
Originally posted by roland68
Nice to see differing views om what managers do with non-improving youths and what might happen to this one. So how about a game. If anyone wants to estimate this player's final rating when he turns 18, have a go and we'll see who's nearest.

Note: He turned 17 around 7-10 days ago now, so has around 47-48 days until he turns 18.

Any sign of life in this kid yet?

27th Jul 23 9:13 PM
chyperhondriac
Posts 281
An update arrived yesterday...

Quote:
Originally posted by YouthUpdates
Dear chyperhondriac,

Just a reminder that the contract for youth forward, Yushiro Zenitani, is now due for renewal. His contract expires in the next few days.

After supervising his training, our youth coaches report that Yushiro Zenitani has started to show some quality, still a long road ahead yet.

All very well, except Yushiro is only 20-odd days away from turning 18. Quite a short long road ahead!

He's currently mid 80s so will get promoted either way but as I've bought a new striker today I'm minded to renew and give him those extra ten days.

28th Jul 23 1:05 AM
Firesilver
Posts 983
I was pleased when I scouted a balanced 14 year midfielder rated 53 so I put him in my last available academy spot.

I'm now less pleased having scouted a balanced 14 year old midfielder rated 79 today.

Well, I guess I'm going to have to promote my 65-rated 16 year old before he's finished training...

28th Jul 23 2:05 AM
roland68
Posts 980
Quote:
Originally posted by chyperhondriac
Any sign of life in this kid yet?

Oh yes, coming along nicely

1st Aug 23 1:42 AM
roland68
Posts 980
Quote:
Originally posted by roland68

I have a challenge on right now...

In summary:

S49 D25 Signed 14yo youth rated 51 (51/51/52)
S50 D15 youth report - Great kid, will see a lot more from him. Now 15yo, still rated 51
S51 D15 youth report - Has potential to improve a lot. Now 16yo, rated 52.
S52 D15 youth report - Great kid, will see a lot more from him. Now 17yo, rated 54

Last update he improved to 58 (58/58/59).

Update on this youth..

D16 increased 54-->58
D23 increased 58-->62
D30 increased 61-->71
D37 increased 71-->75 (74/74/76)

He has about another 32 days before turning 18. As he improved at the last update, that's another four chances of regular weekly updates.

3rd Aug 23 8:10 PM
Revieisking_2nd
Posts 7
After months of my scouts returning absolutely nothing of interest, they've come back with 2 absolute gems in one day! Both 14 year old midfielders, one is a very balanced 81 rating, the other a slightly less balanced 88 rated! Think the highest youth rating I've ever taken into the academy was rated in the 40s before this!

3rd Aug 23 8:31 PM
sullymcfc
Posts 68
Quote:
Originally posted by Revieisking_2nd
After months of my scouts returning absolutely nothing of interest, they've come back with 2 absolute gems in one day! Both 14 year old midfielders, one is a very balanced 81 rating, the other a slightly less balanced 88 rated! Think the highest youth rating I've ever taken into the academy was rated in the 40s before this!

Well done my guess is that they won?t improve 1 mark I had one the same didn?t improve 1 mark but still promoted fingers crossed for you

4th Aug 23 8:16 PM
andyoz
Posts 176
I've just had another disappointing player promote. He made it to 95 in my acadamy, very well balanced, last night he turned 18 and joined. He's certainly not going to be a bad player but for a 95 rated youth his fixed atts are pretty underwhelming! Again!

4th Aug 23 8:28 PM
sullymcfc
Posts 68
How are people promoting top level players 2 maybe 3 a season i have a full academy highest rated 68 but just turned 16 it will at least 2 seasons before I can promote even 1

4th Aug 23 8:29 PM
chyperhondriac
Posts 281
Quote:
Originally posted by andyoz
I've just had another disappointing player promote. He made it to 95 in my acadamy, very well balanced, last night he turned 18 and joined. He's certainly not going to be a bad player but for a 95 rated youth his fixed atts are pretty underwhelming! Again!

That's a lot of 80s FAs and some low ones too...that is a disappointment.

I know some players promote with surprisingly high FAs, even all 90s, but they don't actually have the potential to get as high as you'd think. I wonder if it ever works the other way. Could he be a hidden gem?

4th Aug 23 8:32 PM
andyoz
Posts 176
Quote:
That's a lot of 80s FAs and some low ones too...that is a disappointment.

I know some players promote with surprisingly high FAs, even all 90s, but they don't actually have the potential to get as high as you'd think. I wonder if it ever works the other way. Could he be a hidden gem?

Well this is the second one of these I've had in a row. My last guy we well into the 90's when he promoted and had very similar fixed stats to this one. He's been training up for half a season and the answer is no, he was no hidden gem, just a bid of a dud. So am guessing this guy will be the same.

I've lost count of how many times I've said this on this thread but I'll say it again....

One day I'll find my unicorn

4th Aug 23 9:03 PM
chyperhondriac
Posts 281
Quote:
Originally posted by sullymcfc
How are people promoting top level players 2 maybe 3 a season i have a full academy highest rated 68 but just turned 16 it will at least 2 seasons before I can promote even 1

I'm not sure it's quite as bad as you make out. I'd guess most people only post about promotions here when they're pleasantly surprised (Andy excepted ) so it seems more frequent than it is.

In my experience I reckon I've managed one 90+ player per season on average with one 70-80 player. That's only since I've been playing, which was a little after the YA update.

4th Aug 23 11:04 PM
Firesilver
Posts 983
Quote:
Could he be a hidden gem?

There's plenty of them in the game. You can't just assume that because a player has his lowest FA in the 40s that he will max out in the 40s for example. Just look at Bonilla in my squad- lowest FA 44, and currently rated 56 with potential to still maybe improve an extra point or two. Similarly my club's record sale, a player with FAs all in the 70s that was maxing out for me in the high 50s- and then got the sell on as well when the buying club got rid of him in disgust.

Historically I've found that youth ratings are generally a better indicator of a player's true potential- I've never had a youth promote and him fail to reach his youth academy rating even if some of his FAs were lower than expected. But then again I don't have as much experience with the new academy compared to many people here on the forum.

5th Aug 23 9:22 AM
andyoz
Posts 176
Quote:
Originally posted by Firesilver
There's plenty of them in the game. You can't just assume that because a player has his lowest FA in the 40s that he will max out in the 40s for example. Just look at Bonilla in my squad- lowest FA 44, and currently rated 56 with potential to still maybe improve an extra point or two. Similarly my club's record sale, a player with FAs all in the 70s that was maxing out for me in the high 50s- and then got the sell on as well when the buying club got rid of him in disgust.

Historically I've found that youth ratings are generally a better indicator of a player's true potential- I've never had a youth promote and him fail to reach his youth academy rating even if some of his FAs were lower than expected. But then again I don't have as much experience with the new academy compared to many people here on the forum.

The player I promoted earlier this season is an example of where this sadly was not true. Ehioze Wiwa. He was rated 94 in my YA when he promoted. His fixed stats were a massive let down. But people said he may turn out better than expected.

He is now rated 46, still improving obviously but he has already maxed out in 5 stats. The max ratings he has reached in those stats are 81,80,81,80,81. That is really poor, low 80's when I would of been hoping for low 90's in some of those stats. So when fully trained he is likely to be low 80's I would guess. But with a 94 rated youth I was really hoping for a high 80's or low 90's fully trained player. But he has not reached anywhere near what his YA rating suggested.

8th Aug 23 8:28 PM
chyperhondriac
Posts 281
Well, a little disappointed that my 91 rated youth didn't turn out quite so well as I'd hoped...with a name like Orlando I was hoping his transfer fee would pay for the team end of season trip to Disney World

As it is I'll have to buy him a ticket too, ah well.

8th Aug 23 8:31 PM
andyoz
Posts 176
Quote:
Well, a little disappointed that my 91 rated youth didn't turn out quite so well as I'd hoped...with a name like Orlando I was hoping his transfer fee would pay for the team end of season trip to Disney World

As it is I'll have to buy him a ticket too, ah well.

Not quite a star, but for 91 that's not too bad. At least his lowest fixed are still mid-high 80's.

Copyright © 2024 - IAG Games Ltd. All rights reserved.
Disclaimer | Privacy policy | Terms of use | Rules of game