ITSAGOAL.org - More than just a game
HomeManagerClubMatch daySquadTransfersLeagueCompetitionsStatisticsCommunityHelpShop

View forum thread

CREATE
Create your football club from the ground up and establish yourself as a football manager.
MANAGE
Manage every aspect of your football club from player transfers to squad training.
COMPETE
Go head to head with thousands of football managers from all over the world.
New General Discussions Forum
12th Sep 23 9:44 PM
sullymcfc
Posts 68
Gone as far as he can go time to move on

13th Sep 23 3:53 AM
roland68
Posts 980
Quote:
Originally posted by chyperhondriac
Here's another guessing game after Roland's last youth... Hason Gonzales joined at 14 rated 55, then did nothing for over a season. A few days off 16 he started to pull his finger out and now just after his 17th birthday he's rated 63/63/60->62.

At 15 he was a "great kid" but the season after he was "a bit of a puzzle". One more renewal assessment due in nine days.

Any bets on where he'll end up?

If he starts to improve in the next week or two, I'll be optimistic and say he could reach 90 (92/92/87).

But he needs to get going soon

13th Sep 23 11:36 AM
AndyP
Posts 26
I'm going 85 - Don't think he's got enough time to reach 90's

13th Sep 23 2:12 PM
chyperhondriac
Posts 281
Let's see who's right! However it turns out he's going on the transfer market when (if!) he promotes...four strikers is plenty for me

14th Sep 23 8:27 PM
porkpie
Posts 233
I've got a player called Qiquiang Long, he's 15 and I signed him up when he was 12 or 13 rated 59. He is still rated 59, do I cut my losses on him or persevere?

Another I signed at 11 rated 11 is now 15 and rated an equal 92.

It's strange how some improve and some stand still.

14th Sep 23 8:38 PM
chyperhondriac
Posts 281
Quote:
Originally posted by porkpie
I've got a player called Qiquiang Long, he's 15 and I signed him up when he was 12 or 13 rated 59. He is still rated 59, do I cut my losses on him or persevere?

Another I signed at 11 rated 11 is now 15 and rated an equal 92.

It's strange how some improve and some stand still.

I think if you could find a better rated 13/14 year old I'd chuck him when it comes to renewal. But I reckon as long as the coach assessment isn't saying he's maxed out, every youth has at least one growth spurt in them, so he might just be a late bloomer. It's so hard to find decently balanced players that I wouldn't get rid of any without a promising replacement.

Very jealous of your second youth though!

17th Sep 23 8:49 PM
porkpie
Posts 233
Just promoted Samir Bahgat a 17 year old winger that can use both feet. His fixed attributes are all in the 90s.

Possibly one to sell if anyone is interested.

21st Sep 23 8:15 PM
chyperhondriac
Posts 281
Quote:
Here's another guessing game after Roland's last youth... Hason Gonzales joined at 14 rated 55, then did nothing for over a season. A few days off 16 he started to pull his finger out and now just after his 17th birthday he's rated 63/63/60->62.

At 15 he was a "great kid" but the season after he was "a bit of a puzzle". One more renewal assessment due in nine days.

Any bets on where he'll end up?

Now up to 66/65/62 but tonight's renewal report says he is once again "a great kid".

Six more weeks until he ages out, only needs to average five points per improvement and I'll be happy

22nd Sep 23 9:23 PM
stripey_2nd
Posts 282
Dear stripey_2nd,

Just a reminder that the contract for youth midfielder, Nick Fischer, is now due for renewal. His contract expires in the next few days.

After supervising his training, our youth coaches report that Nick Fischer is a great kid. If he works hard and keeps his head down, we are going to see a lot more from him yet.

This is one that I promoted to the Academy by accident a season ago. He's currently rated 4/19/14 so I'm offloading him as soon as I can. I think my youth coaches are suffering a bad case of rose-tinted spectacles.

22nd Sep 23 9:50 PM
chyperhondriac
Posts 281
Quote:
Originally posted by stripey_2nd
This is one that I promoted to the Academy by accident a season ago. He's currently rated 4/19/14 so I'm offloading him as soon as I can. I think my youth coaches are suffering a bad case of rose-tinted spectacles.

Making it to a 50 rating would technically count as "a lot more" than where he is now

22nd Sep 23 10:16 PM
stripey_2nd
Posts 282
Quote:
Making it to a 50 rating would technically count as "a lot more" than where he is now
He'd never make it! If his attributes continued to increase proportionately, he'd end up at 21/100/74 at best. Not a great kid.

23rd Sep 23 7:35 PM
chyperhondriac
Posts 281
Quote:
Originally posted by stripey_2nd
If his attributes continued to increase proportionately, he'd end up at 21/100/74 at best.

...which would be a youth rating of 65 not that it would do you much good once he was promoted of course!

23rd Sep 23 10:00 PM
stripey
Posts 6,153
Quote:
...which would be a youth rating of 65 not that it would do you much good once he was promoted of course!
Indeed - he'd tend towards the lowest number.

23rd Sep 23 10:59 PM
TopGun2
Posts 570
Got my latest promotion success this evening, 93 rated youth came through as 80+, slightly disappointed with that but he was never going to be all 90s and will still be useful for my team so it's not all bad.

23rd Sep 23 11:04 PM
pleasantsurprise
Posts 6,330
Quote:
Originally posted by TopGun2
Got my latest promotion success this evening, 93 rated youth came through as 80+, slightly disappointed with that but he was never going to be all 90s and will still be useful for my team so it's not all bad.

I take it he wasn't a level 93 youth?

Still, not bad though.

23rd Sep 23 11:06 PM
TopGun2
Posts 570
No, he was 88, 93, 98 so some 80s was inevitable.

24th Sep 23 9:21 PM
chyperhondriac
Posts 281
Something slightly different from ratings and promotions...I've had a couple of renewals come up over the last few days. In the past I'm sure I've noticed that the renewal fee gets (marginally) cheaper as you get closer to their contract end. However, with these last two it seems to be getting (again, marginally) more expensive.

Anyone noticed any rhyme or reason to the renewal fees?

24th Sep 23 10:24 PM
pleasantsurprise
Posts 6,330
Quote:
Something slightly different from ratings and promotions...I've had a couple of renewals come up over the last few days. In the past I'm sure I've noticed that the renewal fee gets (marginally) cheaper as you get closer to their contract end. However, with these last two it seems to be getting (again, marginally) more expensive.

It all depends on your club rating. Has that been improving lately?

And the age of your youth.

25th Sep 23 12:02 PM
roland68
Posts 980
Quote:

pleasantsurprise is spot on there. It's based on your club rating which explains the small decreases / increases you've seen.

Your CR is used to calculate a basic unit fee. Then you will pay X times that unit fee where X depends on the players age.

25th Sep 23 4:20 PM
chyperhondriac
Posts 281
Huh, interesting, thank you both! I'd not considered that club rating would impact price. So higher rated clubs pay more for their youths.

Copyright © 2024 - IAG Games Ltd. All rights reserved.
Disclaimer | Privacy policy | Terms of use | Rules of game