ITSAGOAL.org - More than just a game
HomeManagerClubMatch daySquadTransfersLeagueCompetitionsStatisticsCommunityHelpShop

View forum thread

CREATE
Create your football club from the ground up and establish yourself as a football manager.
MANAGE
Manage every aspect of your football club from player transfers to squad training.
COMPETE
Go head to head with thousands of football managers from all over the world.
New General Discussions Forum
3rd Jan 21 8:32 PM
ironpsycho
Posts 113
I?ve given the nod to Pavlo Maryniuk (striker) to join the squad, pretty imbalanced but rated at 50.
Hopefully he?ll sign and train up to be a decent squad player but we?ll see!

3rd Jan 21 9:19 PM
stripey
Posts 6,152
Quote:
Originally posted by TopGun2
Players do improve in the academy so I wouldn't dismiss a youth just because he's single digit rated. If he's young and has balanced skills then a low rated can easily become a decent player.
Indeed so. Edivandio in my squad started off aged 12 rated 4/5/6.

3rd Jan 21 10:06 PM
pleasantsurprise
Posts 6,330
Quote:
Originally posted by stripey
Indeed so. Edivandio in my squad started off aged 12 rated 4/5/6.

And he's now?

4th Jan 21 11:50 AM
TopGun2
Posts 569
Quote:
Originally posted by pleasantsurprise
And he's now?

He's in the senior squad now, lowest FA is 65.

4th Jan 21 11:58 AM
pleasantsurprise
Posts 6,330
Quote:
He's in the senior squad now, lowest FA is 65.

Nice!

4th Jan 21 8:14 PM
ironpsycho
Posts 113
Quote:
Originally posted by ironpsycho
I?ve given the nod to Pavlo Maryniuk (striker) to join the squad, pretty imbalanced but rated at 50.
Hopefully he?ll sign and train up to be a decent squad player but we?ll see!

He accepted

11th Jan 21 8:16 PM
ironpsycho
Posts 113
Calvino Vargas left footed Spanish midfielder promoted with 3 days left. Hopefully he will accept a contract?

12th Jan 21 8:21 PM
ironpsycho
Posts 113
Quote:
Calvino Vargas left footed Spanish midfielder promoted with 3 days left. Hopefully he will accept a contract?

12th Jan 21 8:27 PM
FootballManager
Posts 295
Quote:

A very promising youth you've got there, who's now in the first team

12th Jan 21 8:34 PM
ironpsycho
Posts 113
Quote:
Originally posted by FootballManager
A very promising youth you've got there, who's now in the first team

Yes much better than expected really, let?s see how he progresses

12th Jan 21 9:42 PM
stripey
Posts 6,152
Not bad at all!

13th Jan 21 2:23 PM
sideshowbob
Posts 41
Quote:
Yes much better than expected really, let?s see how he progresses

Nice one, good success for you recently on the promotions

13th Jan 21 2:57 PM
calvino_spark
Posts 329
He should be a handy player; great first name too!

13th Jan 21 3:37 PM
ironpsycho
Posts 113
Quote:
Originally posted by calvino_spark
He should be a handy player; great first name too!

Haha I knew you would notice, it?s funny cos I thought of you when I promoted him, weirdly!

13th Jan 21 3:38 PM
ironpsycho
Posts 113
Quote:
Originally posted by sideshowbob
Nice one, good success for you recently on the promotions

Yes not bad at all. I?ve not had many turn down promotion so I?ll stick to what seems to work.

20th Jan 21 12:24 PM
maddog17
Posts 273
Dilemma time.

My 68 rated left footed Hole Player is 16 and has less than 10 days left on his contract.

Do I hit promote and hope some miracle happens and he joins rather than the expected result of walking off to flip burgers/serve pasties.

Or do I renew for another year with the risk of potentially the same "walk out the door' outcome in a season's time but incurring more cost.

20th Jan 21 12:42 PM
TopGun2
Posts 569
Quote:
Originally posted by maddog17
Dilemma time.

My 68 rated left footed Hole Player is 16 and has less than 10 days left on his contract.

Do I hit promote and hope some miracle happens and he joins rather than the expected result of walking off to flip burgers/serve pasties.

Or do I renew for another year with the risk of potentially the same "walk out the door' outcome in a season's time but incurring more cost.

Unless you've got a major crisis on your hands like financial debts or too small squad size then, for me, the only factor in this is whether he's getting any better. If he's picking up improvements then every point gained is worth more than the cost of the renewal and if that also brings an increased chance of promoting then all the better, at 16 years old it's certainly not reducing the chance of accepting promotion.

20th Jan 21 12:43 PM
FootballManager
Posts 295
Quote:
Originally posted by maddog17
Dilemma time.

Wait until those 10 days are down to 2 or 3 before you press promote!

20th Jan 21 12:46 PM
maddog17
Posts 273
Quote:
Unless you've got a major crisis on your hands like financial debts or too small squad size then, for me, the only factor in this is whether he's getting any better. If he's picking up improvements then every point gained is worth more than the cost of the renewal and if that also brings an increased chance of promoting then all the better, at 16 years old it's certainly not reducing the chance of accepting promotion.

He's been on 68 for a few weeks now so not sure if that's him or if he'd have a sudden burst into the 70's if kept him for another season.

Can't say I'm hopeful either way.

20th Jan 21 1:20 PM
stripey
Posts 6,152
Stripey Babes have another promoted to their ranks. Marcellino (CMF) arrived in season 30, rated 6/5/4 (5), when all the talk seemed to be of level stats. He's come out nicely.

Copyright © 2024 - IAG Games Ltd. All rights reserved.
Disclaimer | Privacy policy | Terms of use | Rules of game