ITSAGOAL.org - More than just a game
HomeManagerClubMatch daySquadTransfersLeagueCompetitionsStatisticsCommunityHelpShop

View forum thread

CREATE
Create your football club from the ground up and establish yourself as a football manager.
MANAGE
Manage every aspect of your football club from player transfers to squad training.
COMPETE
Go head to head with thousands of football managers from all over the world.
New General Discussions Forum
14th Apr 23 8:39 PM
roland68
Posts 979
As well as all the good advice so far, if you're thinking of one of the promotion options, you should consider when it was that you last promoted/tried to promote a youth, how long ago was that? How many you have tried to promoted recently?

14th Apr 23 9:22 PM
chyperhondriac
Posts 280
Quote:
Originally posted by porkpie
Sounds like hes made for burger flipping.

I fear you may be right. And I put so much faith in him.

Quote:
Originally posted by roland68
As well as all the good advice so far, if you're thinking of one of the promotion options, you should consider when it was that you last promoted/tried to promote a youth, how long ago was that? How many you have tried to promoted recently?

Not since the end of last season, so not for a while. Although now I worry that promoting that no hoper will affect my chances of getting the other two later this season.

I might give the 17 year old a couple more days and then try to promote.

16th Apr 23 8:57 PM
chyperhondriac
Posts 280
Well, that was a surprise welcome Santos Pena!

16th Apr 23 10:05 PM
stripey
Posts 6,154
Quote:
Originally posted by chyperhondriac
Well, that was a surprise welcome Santos Pena!
Ooh, very nice!

19th Apr 23 2:00 AM
Firesilver
Posts 984
Finally found a youth gem a week or two ago. A 13 year old, tall, athletic, both-footed creative midfielder rated 48 with perfect symmetry. He's already increased by 10 in each area and I'm super excited to have my first ever 100-rated youth...

...turn me down on his 18th birthday

19th Apr 23 11:02 AM
stripey_2nd
Posts 280
Quote:
Originally posted by Firesilver
Finally found a youth gem a week or two ago. A 13 year old, tall, athletic, both-footed creative midfielder rated 48 with perfect symmetry. He's already increased by 10 in each area and I'm super excited to have my first ever 100-rated youth...

...turn me down on his 18th birthday
Nice find. I reckon that if you keep them for four or five seasons, they don't turn you down, unless you've recently had a lot of promotions.

23rd Apr 23 9:02 PM
roland68
Posts 979
My youth coaches say that one of my youths "has started to show some quality, still has a long road ahead", he's rated 92.. Sounds like he could make 150

23rd Apr 23 9:49 PM
jpjjpj
Posts 277
Quote:
Originally posted by roland68
My youth coaches say that one of my youths "has started to show some quality, still has a long road ahead", he's rated 92.. Sounds like he could make 150

Or... 200...

28th Apr 23 8:11 PM
andyoz
Posts 176
You may have heard me moan on here in the past about my lack of quality youths. I've never had a 90's rated youth promote and always seem to have been unlucky. Well that luck has just changed.

My scouts just came back with a 14 year old rated 79! To make matters even better, all his stats are exactly 79, he is perfectly balanced! Finally some luck with my youth acadamy, maybe this will be the first of many.

Saying that, he might never move from 79 and then decline to join in a few seasons time.

28th Apr 23 8:20 PM
roland68
Posts 979
Quote:
Originally posted by andyoz
You may have heard me moan on here in the past about my lack of quality youths. I've never had a 90's rated youth promote and always seem to have been unlucky. Well that luck has just changed.

My scouts just came back with a 14 year old rated 79! To make matters even better, all his stats are exactly 79, he is perfectly balanced! Finally some luck with my youth acadamy, maybe this will be the first of many.

Saying that, he might never move from 79 and then decline to join in a few seasons time.

Sounds very promising. Good luck with him !

28th Apr 23 8:55 PM
Firesilver
Posts 984
Quote:

I also found a couple of promising younger players today. Both aged 11, both rated 26, both with almost perfect balanced stats. Even if only 1 of them develops and promotes that's well worth a punt in my book.

5th May 23 1:05 AM
Firesilver
Posts 984
Quote:
I also found a couple of promising younger players today. Both aged 11, both rated 26, both with almost perfect balanced stats. Even if only 1 of them develops and promotes that's well worth a punt in my book.

I've never seen this happen before, but after almost a week of no changes at all, one of these guys increased by 7 points and the other by 9 points in a single day.

This used to happen when youth training updates were weekly but I've not seen it since it became daily. Am I lucky or is this more common than I think?

5th May 23 6:50 AM
chyperhondriac
Posts 280
Quote:
I've never seen this happen before, but after almost a week of no changes at all, one of these guys increased by 7 points and the other by 9 points in a single day.

This used to happen when youth training updates were weekly but I've not seen it since it became daily. Am I lucky or is this more common than I think?

I've seen it fairly often - most of my youths seems to have at least one big (>5) jump at some point. I've got one kid who came in at 69, increased by 11 within a few days, then five a couple of weeks later. No other changes and the coach says he's reached his peak, but I don't mind

On the other hand there's the kid who's gone from 30 to 32 in three seasons...

12th May 23 9:41 AM
clach
Posts 116
I have a 88 rated def away to turn 18 soon, he?s been that rating since he was 16 so pray he has a late burst in training to get him into his 90s

I also have a GK that?s 15 and has 89 rating for all 3 attributes surely he?ll reach the holy grail of 90s bye time he?s ready for promotion

12th May 23 11:35 AM
BubbaGump
Posts 473
I made the mistake of forgetting to promote two youths at the end of their contract and so they walked away whilst I was on holiday a couple of weeks ago!

They were rated 88 and 93

I also forgot to change my team for the league cup

12th May 23 12:16 PM
pleasantsurprise
Posts 6,334
Ouch!

12th May 23 2:45 PM
stripey
Posts 6,154
Hard luck, Bubba.

20th May 23 11:36 AM
wilson23
Posts 128
Very happy with Harlow's latest academy graduate, Loncar

20th May 23 4:43 PM
andyoz
Posts 176
Quote:
Originally posted by wilson23
Very happy with Harlow's latest academy graduate, Loncar

Nice! Both footed as well.

21st May 23 3:35 AM
Firesilver
Posts 984
Quote:
Nice! Both footed as well.

Is there any downside to scouting for both footed players? There doesn't seem to be in the rating bracket that my scouts are in.

Copyright © 2024 - IAG Games Ltd. All rights reserved.
Disclaimer | Privacy policy | Terms of use | Rules of game