ITSAGOAL.org - More than just a game
HomeManagerClubMatch daySquadTransfersLeagueCompetitionsStatisticsCommunityHelpShop

View forum thread

CREATE
Create your football club from the ground up and establish yourself as a football manager.
MANAGE
Manage every aspect of your football club from player transfers to squad training.
COMPETE
Go head to head with thousands of football managers from all over the world.
New General Discussions Forum
4th Jun 23 9:50 AM
andyoz
Posts 176
Quote:
Originally posted by roland68
Found an 11-year-old youth last night, rated 9.

Physical 23
Technical 0
Mental 3

Seriously, with a technical rating of 0, why is this kid even trying to get involved in professional football

I wonder if he knows how to tie his shoe laces?

4th Jun 23 11:36 AM
chyperhondriac
Posts 280
Quote:
Originally posted by andyoz
I wonder if he knows how to tie his shoe laces?

Perhaps every time he tries he snaps them in half?

6th Jun 23 8:07 PM
Chonk
Posts 50
Quote:
Originally posted by Chonk
*falls off chair*

Scouts have returned a 91 rated 14 year old defender...attributes all at 91/91/91!

Now rated 95 after the 8pm update!

6th Jun 23 8:10 PM
andyoz
Posts 176
Quote:
Now rated 95 after the 8pm update!

Wowsers! Shame you can't promote him till he's 16!

6th Jun 23 8:12 PM
andyoz
Posts 176
Well after todays update, I can finally say I have managed to promote and all 90's player from my youth academy. I've always moaned how others seem to do it no problem and I never get any, well at last I can say I have one.

Hopefully he will train up as well as his stats suggest, although he was only rated 90 when I promoted so he may not be a superstar, but he should hopefully be very good.

6th Jun 23 8:13 PM
ironpsycho
Posts 114
Quote:
Well after todays update, I can finally say I have managed to promote and all 90's player from my youth academy. I've always moaned how others seem to do it no problem and I never get any, well at last I can say I have one.

Hopefully he will train up as well as his stats suggest, although he was only rated 90 when I promoted so he may not be a superstar, but he should hopefully be very good.

6th Jun 23 8:33 PM
Chonk
Posts 50
Quote:

Only rated 90 if he won?t make the starting 11 in your team Andy, I?ll pay you a fiver and a pint as his transfer fee?

7th Jun 23 8:58 AM
andyoz
Posts 176
Quote:
rated 90 if he won?t make the starting 11 in your team Andy, I?ll pay you a fiver and a pint as his transfer fee?

I know a 90 rating in the academy is nothing to sniff at. The reason I said 'only 90' though is because so many people on here talk about 100 rated youths. So he was still ten points short of that magic figure.

I imagine he will most likely be playing first team football in a few seasons time.

7th Jun 23 1:26 PM
ironpsycho
Posts 114
Quote:
Originally posted by ironpsycho
I have a 70 rated 14 year old in my academy.
Martinovic a Croatian midfielder is climbing nicely.

Now 16 and rated 90
I could do with him in my squad now but I think I will wait a while yet just to see if there I anymore improvement.

8th Jun 23 9:11 PM
Andy1970
Posts 29
Almost a week later and exactly the same every time the scouts return. This was one aspect of the game I liked, and it's the only way I can keep my teams going. Youth players start drying up, my squad will get older and thinner and less competitive.
Please tweak it back where everybody got good youths, we get good youths, we need to use transfers less, and therefore the market price might start to drop?
I've even started looking at 11-12 yo (that sounds so wrong!) I cant wait until they come back 5 8 and 9 rated *party time*

8th Jun 23 9:37 PM
Lemmy
Posts 472
Quote:
Originally posted by Andy1970
Almost a week later and exactly the same every time the scouts return. This was one aspect of the game I liked, and it's the only way I can keep my teams going. Youth players start drying up, my squad will get older and thinner and less competitive.
Please tweak it back where everybody got good youths, we get good youths, we need to use transfers less, and therefore the market price might start to drop?
I've even started looking at 11-12 yo (that sounds so wrong!) I cant wait until they come back 5 8 and 9 rated *party time*

You should get scouts to come back in 4 days unless you are being specific. There are good youths out there, you just have to keep sending the scouts out. You can't expect to get good ones every time.
How many do you expect to get per season?

9th Jun 23 9:14 AM
andyoz
Posts 176
On average I would say I add two youth players per season. They are few and far between but surely this is a good thing. If we were getting 10 star youths into our main squad every season the game would no longer be competitive.

I have had a rubbish run with youths up until recently. But even the average youths that get into my squad add value to it and help. So I think the way things are at the moment is perfect. It must be extremely difficult to get the balance right in this game and I think it's just where it needs to be at the moment.

17th Jun 23 11:16 AM
Euro_2nd
Posts 25
Quick question on youths, is having balanced attributes more important that overall rating when selecting a youth player to add to your youth squad?

I see a lot of mention of this, but unsure on just how important this is?

For example, which of these would you prefer:

DF, 13 years, rated 32 - Phys 31, Ment 32, Tech 33
DF, 13 years, rated 45 - Phys 45, Ment 28, Tech 64

17th Jun 23 1:11 PM
chyperhondriac
Posts 280
Quote:
Originally posted by Euro_2nd
Quick question on youths, is having balanced attributes more important that overall rating when selecting a youth player to add to your youth squad?

See the other thread Hollie started...

Quote:
Originally posted by roland68
Because of the way youth attributes increase, each of the three attributes increase by the same percentage each time, a more-balanced set of values gives a clue about how far they could improve but it still depends on their max. potential, which is unknown.

So your 32 rated youth could reach all 90s whereas your 45 rated one's metal attribute probably won't get out of the 40s

17th Jun 23 2:56 PM
roland68
Posts 979
Quote:
Originally posted by Euro_2nd

I had a similar choice to make this week..

Youth 1: 15yo rated 32 with 32/30/33
Youth 2: 14yo rated 71 with 83/57/72

Normally, I'd like to ignore both, youth1 is a bit old for a 32 rating, youth2, a bit too unbalanced. But, as I haven't found enough good youths for a long time, I chose to promote one...

For me, I only want players that can reach 90s. I'm very patient with them.

Youth 1 could potentially reach something like 96/90/99 (95)
Youth 2 could potentially reach something like 100/68/86 (84)

A bit worried he's already 15, but for me, youth 1 is slightly more preferable, even if it's a bit of a risk. I'm giving him a go anyway as I've got spaces.

For many other clubs a 80s player would be very valuable so I can imagine many would go for Youth2 as he's already 71, I totally get that. Even if he promotes without much improvement he could could still be a useful (60/70s) player for some clubs.

But, back to your players, one could reach around 96, the other around 71 in your academy.. As both are only 13 and the second player will probably not ever be more than a 70-rated player, it seems to me the 32 player is a far more appealing bet.

18th Jun 23 8:06 PM
hutber
Posts 36
Can you unreject players from the scout network that you accidentally declined! lol

Her was a 13 year old 55/56/57 CB!!

21st Jun 23 9:38 PM
stripey
Posts 6,154
Quote:
Originally posted by hutber
Can you unreject players from the scout network that you accidentally declined! lol

Her was a 13 year old 55/56/57 CB!!
Tough luck - no! A pity to miss out on a lady footballer....

27th Jun 23 9:13 PM
porkpie
Posts 237
My scouts have been returning with ultra poor youth players for quite a while. A few seasons ago I picked a 11 year old midfielder with an overall rating of 11 with every attribute rated 11. I did this as an experiment just to see what happens.

After a slow start where his ratings rose slowly, he is now rated 72, and still has balanced attributes. He will be 14 soon so I'm hoping he will hit the high 90s and then actually promote.

Have many others tried this path with young poor rated, but balanced youths?

27th Jun 23 10:09 PM
ramster59
Posts 26
Quote:
Originally posted by porkpie
... and still has balanced attributes.

So is it not the case that all three youth attributes increase at the same rate?

27th Jun 23 10:49 PM
porkpie
Posts 237
Quote:
Originally posted by ramster59
So is it not the case that all three youth attributes increase at the same rate?

To be honest I'm not sure as I've never really had fully balanced youths. Some have been very close ( 1 or 2 rating points difference), but I haven't paid too much attention to how their attributes have improved individually, just their overall rating.

I've only just noticed it with this youth player that they have stayed the same.

Copyright © 2024 - IAG Games Ltd. All rights reserved.
Disclaimer | Privacy policy | Terms of use | Rules of game