ITSAGOAL.org - More than just a game
HomeManagerClubMatch daySquadTransfersLeagueCompetitionsStatisticsCommunityHelpShop

View forum thread

CREATE
Create your football club from the ground up and establish yourself as a football manager.
MANAGE
Manage every aspect of your football club from player transfers to squad training.
COMPETE
Go head to head with thousands of football managers from all over the world.
New General Discussions Forum
28th Jun 23 7:28 AM
chyperhondriac
Posts 286
Quote:
Originally posted by ramster59
So is it not the case that all three youth attributes increase at the same rate?

I believe they increase by the same percentage, not by absolute number. Also the number you see is a rounded decimal number, so 11/11/11 could actually be 10.5/11/11.49, which might translate to 87/91/95. Still a good player but not a unicorn.

Quote:
Originally posted by porkpie
Have many others tried this path with young poor rated, but balanced youths?

Roland has said a couple of times that any balanced youth can reach a 90 rating with enough time and the right coaches. I'm assuming from that that even unbalanced youths have the chance for one of their attributes to reach 90+.

I'm trying it out with an 11 year old. 5/5/5 has already turned into 6/7/6

29th Jun 23 9:07 PM
andyoz
Posts 174
I've often moaned on this thread that I've never had any top youths come through. Well I've recently had a really good one, he reached 94 in my YA and was about to turn 18 so I hit promote yesterday. He is the highest rated youth I've ever had. His name is Ehioze Wiwa.

Just had a look at his stats. What a pile of poo! Can't believe a perfectly balanced 94 rated player has come through with these fixed stats. I'm never going to find my unicorn!

29th Jun 23 9:33 PM
Firesilver
Posts 985
Quote:
Originally posted by chyperhondriac
Roland has said a couple of times that any balanced youth can reach a 90 rating with enough time and the right coaches.

I think the key phrase in that statement is "with the right coaches". Roland has probably the best youth coaches in the game, they probably can. The real question is, can lesser youth coaches do the same?

29th Jun 23 9:37 PM
stripey
Posts 6,160
Quote:
Originally posted by Firesilver
I think the key phrase in that statement is "with the right coaches". Roland has probably the best youth coaches in the game, they probably can. The real question is, can lesser youth coaches do the same?
I have lesser youth coaches, and the answer is yes. I normally get my youths in at 13 or 14, so that may be a contributory factor.

29th Jun 23 9:41 PM
Firesilver
Posts 985
Quote:
Originally posted by andyoz
I've often moaned on this thread that I've never had any top youths come through. Well I've recently had a really good one, he reached 94 in my YA and was about to turn 18 so I hit promote yesterday. He is the highest rated youth I've ever had. His name is Ehioze Wiwa.

Just had a look at his stats. What a pile of poo! Can't believe a perfectly balanced 94 rated player has come through with these fixed stats. I'm never going to find my unicorn!

I'd hardly call an 80s FAs player a pile of poo, and you may find that he trains up better than his FAs suggest.

Of course, if you really don't want him, I'll take him off your hands

Quote:
Originally posted by stripey
I have lesser youth coaches, and the answer is yes. I normally get my youths in at 13 or 14, so that may be a contributory factor.

Hmm, maybe I just need to be a bit more patient then, my balanced youths are hardly moving at all even with my new 50-rated youth coach

29th Jun 23 10:24 PM
chyperhondriac
Posts 286
Quote:
Originally posted by Firesilver

Yes of course! But as evidenced throughout the thread, most recently by stripey, it is possible with lesser coaches. I suppose it's all about the speed you get there, and maybe the lower ranked coaches sometimes run out of time.

30th Jun 23 7:14 AM
chyperhondriac
Posts 286
Quote:

That is a bit of a disappointment, though I would also happily relieve you of him

I have a youth a couple of weeks away from his 18th. I think I'm better off actively promoting him before he ages out, but how close should I let him get, would it make any difference doing it now versus in a week?

30th Jun 23 2:42 PM
andyoz
Posts 174
Quote:
That is a bit of a disappointment, though I would also happily relieve you of him

I have a youth a couple of weeks away from his 18th. I think I'm better off actively promoting him before he ages out, but how close should I let him get, would it make any difference doing it now versus in a week?

He will be a decent player, but he will not be a top player. That's what I was complaining about, I never seem to get any top players from my youth. I thought this guy would be the first, it looks like that won't be the case sadly.

7th Jul 23 9:25 PM
ironpsycho
Posts 117
I am promoting Martinovic my Croatian midfielder, rated 91, tomorrow.
Fingers crossed!

8th Jul 23 9:10 AM
andyoz
Posts 174
Quote:
Originally posted by ironpsycho
I am promoting Martinovic my Croatian midfielder, rated 91, tomorrow.
Fingers crossed!

I promoted a 91 rated youth last season and he has turned out far better than expected. He was much much better than the 94 player I promoted this season. Hope he turns out to be a star for you.

9th Jul 23 8:34 PM
ironpsycho
Posts 117
Quote:
I promoted a 91 rated youth last season and he has turned out far better than expected. He was much much better than the 94 player I promoted this season. Hope he turns out to be a star for you.

Thanks Andy
Luckily he accepted which I?m really pleased about.
Looks a decent player too.

9th Jul 23 10:54 PM
TopGun2
Posts 572
I've been looking for 13-14 year old defenders for weeks with no luck until today, scout came back with an 82 rates 14 year old Sadly that's probably pretty close to his limit but I grabbed him anyway

I also had 2 separate youth players improve by 7 points this week, one of them up to 96! I'll soon have to decide whether to renew him to try and squeeze out a couple more points before he turns 18. The other one had only improved by a total of 1 point in his first 20 weeks at the club but then got 14 point sin the last 3 weeks. He could get to 90+ but I think he'll turn 18 too soon even with this new growth spurt.

10th Jul 23 12:06 AM
BlueBoar
Posts 224
Quote:
Originally posted by BlueBoar
I decided to promote the lad. Welcoming Alan Goldsmith... a lad who has been with us about 5 seasons and was 94 rated as of the update.

This was my last post in the youth thread on 7th March, so I guess I ought to bore you with some updates.

Goldsmith is a left footed striker 78 rated and pushing my first teamers all the way now. The challenge is his lack of experience, but it is something I'm working on, as he will be better than my other strikers soon.

Gian-Carlo Farasy goalkeeper promoted last season, now rated 47. I have some doubt about his true potential, as he was 85 rated when promotion was offered, but his attributes are all 90s and some of his trainables are 90s also. Did he gain points just prior to promotion? Who knows...

Still in the academy...

*Striker 15yo 95 rated (96/95/94).
Playmaker 14yo 50 rated (57/44/48 ).
Goalkeeper 16yo 54 rated (59/48/55).
Striker 15yo 64 rated (69/60/63).
*Sweeper 16yo 66 rated (66/66/66).
Goalkeeper 15yo 62 rated (66/57/63).
Fullback 15yo 47 rated (51/47/41).

* I expect all 90s from these, especially the Sweeper if he gets his act together. His growth has been slow to build, unlike the Striker who has had regular improvements and looks a beast!

10th Jul 23 2:40 AM
roland68
Posts 981
Quote:

Roland has said a couple of times that any balanced youth can reach a 90 rating with enough time and the right coaches. I'm assuming from that that even unbalanced youths have the chance for one of their attributes to reach 90+.

Has he?

I recall one related comment from which.....

I agree with Stripey that any team can do this and it's not because I have higher level coaches. That's just my view from seeing the number of excellent players being produced by many clubs at various levels.

The key phrase was "given enough time", because I give them as much time as needed and most start fairly young.

The other key phrase from my original comment was "in my experience", because so far, since the last youth updates, I've managed to get every equally balanced player to a 90+ rating in the academy. I'm not promising every equally balanced player will, it's just what I've experienced so far. Actually, at the moment, one youth is looking like he's very keen to trash that 100% record

10th Jul 23 8:03 AM
chyperhondriac
Posts 286
Quote:
Originally posted by roland68
Has he?

I recall one related comment from which.....

I have clearly read this thread so many times it felt like more

10th Jul 23 11:42 AM
roland68
Posts 981
Quote:
I have clearly read this thread so many times it felt like more

Maybe you're right, I don't remember everything I do / say..

10th Jul 23 10:34 PM
ramster59
Posts 28
Coming up to renewal time for some of my youths - this will be my first time renewing youth contracts.

I have a 50 rated 14 year old (48/51/51) who hasn't improved at all in 50 days. Is this guy hopeless or can there still be a chance he will improve next season even if he hasnt at all this year?

What are some factors that make up the renewal decision? I am inexperienced in this regard so have nothing to go off for these decisions

11th Jul 23 1:31 AM
Firesilver
Posts 985
Successfully promoted a 16 year old youth today to make space for a better prospect. Given that he was an extremely imbalanced 63 rated youth I'm not too displeased with how he turned out- might be a decent squad player once fully trained.

Replaced him with a 48-rated, far-more-balanced 13 year old who I'm hoping can get into the 80s at least.

11th Jul 23 1:40 AM
Firesilver
Posts 985
Quote:
Coming up to renewal time for some of my youths - this will be my first time renewing youth contracts.

I have a 50 rated 14 year old (48/51/51) who hasn't improved at all in 50 days. Is this guy hopeless or can there still be a chance he will improve next season even if he hasnt at all this year?

What are some factors that make up the renewal decision? I am inexperienced in this regard so have nothing to go off for these decisions

It's always a gamble, to some extent, with a youth.

The game sends you a message from your youth coaches which can indicate whether they are going to improve. But they also can say "we have no idea", which is really helpful.

I got a message like that when a balanced 11-year-old who I picked up rated 13 (I think) had his contract first up for renewal. He's now 13 and rated 26, and when his contract is up for its next renewal in 39 days I will have to think about whether he's worth keeping over another 13-year-old scouted player that's already trained higher like the one I have above.

12th Jul 23 4:32 AM
roland68
Posts 981
Quote:

I wouldn't worry about lack of improvement. He's fairly well balanced and already well rated for his age.

Unless your youth coach renewal message says he has reached his peak (which I very much doubt), he's worth keeping.

Copyright © 2024 - IAG Games Ltd. All rights reserved.
Disclaimer | Privacy policy | Terms of use | Rules of game