ITSAGOAL.org - More than just a game
HomeManagerClubMatch daySquadTransfersLeagueCompetitionsStatisticsCommunityHelpShop

View forum thread

CREATE
Create your football club from the ground up and establish yourself as a football manager.
MANAGE
Manage every aspect of your football club from player transfers to squad training.
COMPETE
Go head to head with thousands of football managers from all over the world.
New General Discussions Forum
9th Feb 23 12:59 PM
adelondon
Posts 5
Some monster youths being scouted there

Don't necessarily be put off by 50-60 rated youths

I have had three 99 youths promote they were scouted at 66, 50 and 46

9th Feb 23 1:24 PM
BlueBoar
Posts 225
Quote:
Originally posted by andyoz
Wow, that's amazing! The fact that I have 8 players in my YA and he highest rated is 66 shows how much I seem to struggle finding quality players. I've never had one reach the 90's. I took a gamble last week on a 31 rated 11 year old! I've never got that young before, so we shall have to see it if was worth a punt.

I can only dream of 81 rated 14 year olds!

Most of the youths I have promoted, have ranged between 30-40 rating when I have picked them up.

I have a 17yo defender coming through now, who is 91 rated.

I picked him up as a 13yo rated early 30s, who wasn't really getting impressive reviews from the youth coaches, but I stuck with him and he started to shine at 15yo/16yo.

This season he has gained about 20 rating points to where he is now.

9th Feb 23 3:56 PM
andyoz
Posts 176
Quote:
Originally posted by BlueBoar
Most of the youths I have promoted, have ranged between 30-40 rating when I have picked them up.

I have a 17yo defender coming through now, who is 91 rated.

I picked him up as a 13yo rated early 30s, who wasn't really getting impressive reviews from the youth coaches, but I stuck with him and he started to shine at 15yo/16yo.

This season he has gained about 20 rating points to where he is now.

Maybe I'll get lucky with some of mine then. Most seem to have slowed down but there are a few who are still slowly moving up.

9th Feb 23 7:57 PM
BubbaGump
Posts 473
Quote:
Wow, that's amazing! The fact that I have 8 players in my YA and he highest rated is 66 shows how much I seem to struggle finding quality players. I've never had one reach the 90's. I took a gamble last week on a 31 rated 11 year old! I've never got that young before, so we shall have to see it if was worth a punt.

I can only dream of 81 rated 14 year olds!

Do you consider the 'balance' of the youth's ratings? i.e a 30 rated youth with 30/30/30 attributes?

A said 30/30/30 rated 30 imo is likely to be a much better youth recruit than say some who has 30/60/70 ratings rated 53 if they're the same age. The reasons being because all of the three acts improve at the same rate. Therefore in theory the 30/30/30 could reach 100/100/100 ratings and be a 100 rated youth.. whereas the other could only max at 60/90/100 and be at most a 83 rated youth.

I hope this makes sense

A rule of thumb: Any youth that has a variance of more than 10 between the smallest and biggest of the three attributes will never reach a 90 rating and imo will be unlikely to turn into a unicorn (absolutely not impossible but its unlikely).

Cheers,

Bubba

9th Feb 23 8:12 PM
chyperhondriac
Posts 278
Quote:
Originally posted by BubbaGump
Do you consider the 'balance' of the youth's ratings? i.e a 30 rated youth with 30/30/30 attributes?

A said 30/30/30 rated 30 imo is likely to be a much better youth recruit than say some who has 30/60/70 ratings rated 53 if they're the same age. The reasons being because all of the three acts improve at the same rate. Therefore in theory the 30/30/30 could reach 100/100/100 ratings and be a 100 rated youth.. whereas the other could only max at 60/90/100 and be at most a 83 rated youth.

I hope this makes sense

A rule of thumb: Any youth that has a variance of more than 10 between the smallest and biggest of the three attributes will never reach a 90 rating and imo will be unlikely to turn into a unicorn (absolutely not impossible but its unlikely).

Cheers,

Bubba

I definitely do try to consider balance, but with where I am I don't mind if I end up with 'only' an 80-potential youth as he'll be good for my squad.

On another topic... looks like I was worrying over nothing. Jack Dooley has turn out to be something of a gem

9th Feb 23 8:58 PM
BlueBoar
Posts 225
Balance for me isn't always key now, but until yesterday it was... but everyone will have a different view of this, I guess.

Not key: 90/80/70 - unless you have a team full of 90's, you'd take it!
Key: 10/10/10 - you'd need a lot of patience & fingers crossed.
Forget it: 0/10/20 - identical to above, but hard work & for what?

Getting perfectly balanced players is the holy grail in my opinion, but there's a lot of frustration getting them, but I have a few that are near as damn it, which for a club my size is good enough.

9th Feb 23 9:02 PM
andyoz
Posts 176
I never used to bother with balance but in the past few seasons I have started to focus on that. The 11 year old I signed up last week is very balanced, so it will be interesting to see how he progresses.

10th Feb 23 2:31 AM
leamark
Posts 163
My current 99rated youth striker came in as a 5 rated 11 year old
Very balanced
This game rewards patience???sometimes

10th Feb 23 8:39 PM
andyoz
Posts 176
Quote:
Originally posted by leamark
Very balanced

Oh wow! That's amazing. What made you sign up a 5 rated 11 year old??

By that rule my 32 rated 11 year old should turn out to be Ronaldo & Haaland's love child!

10th Feb 23 10:01 PM
stripey
Posts 6,150
Quote:
Very balanced

That turned out well! He could easily have been something like 4.6/5.0/5.4 at the start, for one thing, and to get all the way from 5 to 99 is exceptionally good. Did the youth coaches give sensible messages about his progress?

11th Feb 23 7:30 PM
ironpsycho
Posts 113
I have a 70 rated 14 year old in my academy.
Martinovic a Croatian midfielder is climbing nicely.

12th Feb 23 12:48 AM
leamark
Posts 163
Quote:
Originally posted by stripey
That turned out well! He could easily have been something like 4.6/5.0/5.4 at the start, for one thing, and to get all the way from 5 to 99 is exceptionally good. Did the youth coaches give sensible messages about his progress?

I?ve actually had consistently good results from 5,5,5 over the years
Coaches always suggested he had potential

12th Feb 23 12:49 AM
leamark
Posts 163
Quote:
Oh wow! That's amazing. What made you sign up a 5 rated 11 year old??

By that rule my 32 rated 11 year old should turn out to be Ronaldo & Haaland's love child!

Long wait, but almost guaranteed to promote

12th Feb 23 9:16 AM
andyoz
Posts 176
Quote:
Long wait, but almost guaranteed to promote

Update, he has now moved up to a 34 rated 11 year old

12th Feb 23 9:45 AM
chyperhondriac
Posts 278
I recruited a 69-rated 14 year old a couple of days ago...first update and he's moved up to 80!

12th Feb 23 10:21 AM
sullymcfc
Posts 68
Quote:
Originally posted by sullymcfc
Wow my scout has just come back with a 82 rated 14yr old midfielder by far the best I?ve ever had

Been in 2 months still on 82

12th Feb 23 11:12 AM
stripey_2nd
Posts 281
Quote:
Originally posted by sullymcfc
Been in 2 months still on 82
Sometimes they do that and then put on a sprint at the end. I always keep them as long as possible.

18th Feb 23 10:22 PM
chyperhondriac
Posts 278
Quote:
Originally posted by chyperhondriac
I recruited a 69-rated 14 year old a couple of days ago...first update and he's moved up to 80!

After nine days he's now the best prospect in the academy...now I just have to wait two seasons to promote him!

19th Feb 23 7:03 PM
leamark
Posts 163
Quote:
I?ve actually had consistently good results from 5,5,5 over the years
Coaches always suggested he had potential

Very relieved that my now 100 rated youth defender has promoted
He will be going on the market at the end of the season

19th Feb 23 7:41 PM
pleasantsurprise
Posts 6,330
Quote:
Very relieved that my now 100 rated youth defender has promoted
He will be going on the market at the end of the season

Very nice! A great gift. A case of Gold, Frankincense and Myhre?

Copyright © 2024 - IAG Games Ltd. All rights reserved.
Disclaimer | Privacy policy | Terms of use | Rules of game