ITSAGOAL.org - More than just a game
HomeManagerClubMatch daySquadTransfersLeagueCompetitionsStatisticsCommunityHelpShop

View forum thread

CREATE
Create your football club from the ground up and establish yourself as a football manager.
MANAGE
Manage every aspect of your football club from player transfers to squad training.
COMPETE
Go head to head with thousands of football managers from all over the world.
New General Discussions Forum
12th Jul 23 4:55 AM
roland68
Posts 980
Related to both the question from ramster59 above and my previous comment about all my balanced youths so far reaching 90+, if given time.

I have a challenge on right now...

In summary:

S49 D25 Signed 14yo youth rated 51 (51/51/52)
S50 D15 youth report - Great kid, will see a lot more from him. Now 15yo, still rated 51
S51 D15 youth report - Has potential to improve a lot. Now 16yo, rated 52.
S52 D15 youth report - Great kid, will see a lot more from him. Now 17yo, rated 54

Looks hopeless but I'm patient with him and want to see what will happen.

He has only just turned 17 in the past 3-5 days, so has around 51-53 days until he turns 18 and makes a choice..

Last update he improved to 58 (58/58/59).

The Race Is On !!!

12th Jul 23 8:39 AM
andyoz
Posts 176
This shows that even the most balanced youth won't necessarily progress. The YA has always had an element of luck to it. Yes balance no doubt helps, but I have had some very unbalanced youths make it into the high 80's and some amazingly balanced ones really struggle to get anywhere near the top.

13th Jul 23 12:18 AM
Firesilver
Posts 983
Quote:
Originally posted by andyoz
This shows that even the most balanced youth won't necessarily progress.

He could still gain 40 points in his last year of youth coaching.

I think the only thing we can deduce for certain is that a balanced youth has the potential to become a superstar while an unbalanced youth simply cannot under any circumstances.

It's then down to whether you're willing to gamble on a balanced, less trained youth training up over time, or instead go for the guarantee of a higher-rated unbalanced youth being certain of delivering a solid if unspectacular result.

A mix of the two may possibly be desirable if you aren't lucky enough to scout the balanced, already high rated youths.

13th Jul 23 12:02 PM
chyperhondriac
Posts 281
Quote:
Originally posted by Firesilver
He could still gain 40 points in his last year of youth coaching.

My current unicorn hope improved 40 points in less than a year, so it is possible

13th Jul 23 5:20 PM
roland68
Posts 980
Quote:
Originally posted by chyperhondriac
My current unicorn hope improved 40 points in less than a year, so it is possible

"less than a year"? I'll assume you mean less than a season otherwise it's not a very impressive leap

13th Jul 23 10:55 PM
ramster59
Posts 29
Thanks for the replies everyone! I'll keep him on then and hope for some improvement in the next few seasons. Not sure what to do with all my scouts now that my academy is full

Quote:
Originally posted by roland68
...until he turns 18 and makes a choice.

On the note of this, what's the best way to attempt to promote youths? I read somewhere that if they turn 18 they are less likely to join?

14th Jul 23 1:02 AM
BlueBoar
Posts 227
Quote:
Originally posted by ramster59
Coming up to renewal time for some of my youths - this will be my first time renewing youth contracts.

I have a 50 rated 14 year old (48/51/51) who hasn't improved at all in 50 days. Is this guy hopeless or can there still be a chance he will improve next season even if he hasnt at all this year?

What are some factors that make up the renewal decision? I am inexperienced in this regard so have nothing to go off for these decisions

The standard of youth players coming through today is pretty high & I would say your chances of hitting an absolute beast of a player whilst a little reduced (due to your staff rating), will not be massively so.

However, youths do go through periods where their skill levels either increase or remain stagnant. That is normal & it is for you to judge whether you continue to risk giving the player more time.

The player you quote here, I would expect to achieve high 80s if not 90s, which levels the playing field in terms of difference between top & lower teams. Sometimes they don't though.

Quote:
Originally posted by ramster59
Thanks for the replies everyone! I'll keep him on then and hope for some improvement in the next few seasons. Not sure what to do with all my scouts now that my academy is full

On the note of this, what's the best way to attempt to promote youths? I read somewhere that if they turn 18 they are less likely to join?

Each season, you get 2 or 3 chances to promote. The first always seems to promote, the second nearly always promotes, the third may promote or may not, so by the time you have attempted to promote three, each further attempt is less likely to be successful, so you should avoid trying. I don't think age or type of player comes into the process of deciding if the player promotes, only the number of attempts as far as I am aware.

14th Jul 23 4:15 AM
SonicNiko
Posts 14
Quote:
Originally posted by BlueBoar
The standard of youth players coming through today is pretty high & I would say your chances of hitting an absolute beast of a player whilst a little reduced (due to your staff rating), will not be massively so.

However, youths do go through periods where their skill levels either increase or remain stagnant. That is normal & it is for you to judge whether you continue to risk giving the player more time.

The player you quote here, I would expect to achieve high 80s if not 90s, which levels the playing field in terms of difference between top & lower teams. Sometimes they don't though.

Each season, you get 2 or 3 chances to promote. The first always seems to promote, the second nearly always promotes, the third may promote or may not, so by the time you have attempted to promote three, each further attempt is less likely to be successful, so you should avoid trying. I don't think age or type of player comes into the process of deciding if the player promotes, only the number of attempts as far as I am aware.

It seems to me that it affects success, the amount of time in the youth academy, if the player spent a season or less, then its 50/50, I would even say 40-60 in favor of him leaving

Here I have all the players in douche teams that were more than 2 seasons signed a contract and only one left at 16, he spent a season

14th Jul 23 6:11 AM
chyperhondriac
Posts 281
Quote:
"less than a year"? I'll assume you mean less than a season otherwise it's not a very impressive leap

56 days is indeed less than a year, so

I was of course referring to the well known measurement unit of the 'IAG year'

Quote:
Each season, you get 2 or 3 chances to promote.

I wondered about this - is the feeling that the chances of promotion reset at the turn of the season, or is it on a rolling basis?

14th Jul 23 10:12 AM
BlueBoar
Posts 227
Quote:
56 days is indeed less than a year, so

I was of course referring to the well known measurement unit of the 'IAG year'

I wondered about this - is the feeling that the chances of promotion reset at the turn of the season, or is it on a rolling basis?

If I have five 17yo in my academy at the start of the season, I would expect to lose 2 or 3 of them either by attempting to promote or when they turn 18.

If I had 2 16yo and 3 17yo in the same scenario, I would wait on the 2 16yo youths, to maximise the chance of signing them next season if they were any good.

14th Jul 23 10:46 AM
chyperhondriac
Posts 281
Quote:
If I have five 17yo in my academy at the start of the season, I would expect to lose 2 or 3 of them either by attempting to promote or when they turn 18.

If I had 2 16yo and 3 17yo in the same scenario, I would wait on the 2 16yo youths, to maximise the chance of signing them next season if they were any good.

Right! But if you tried to promote on days 54, 55, 56 with, say, promotion chances of 95%, 75%, 50%, and then you tried to promote one of your 16 year olds on day 1 of the next season, would you be back up to 95%? Or would it count the three that had just happened even though they were in the last season and knock you down to 35%?

14th Jul 23 12:05 PM
chyperhondriac
Posts 281
Just seen one team in Spain promoted three players in one day this week

Must have a very good sales pitch

14th Jul 23 12:39 PM
Lemmy
Posts 472
Quote:

I would say that the most important factor is length of time in the academy. I always pick 13/14 yo youths and keep them until they turn 18. Seems to work.

Last season I managed to get 4 to promote, not because I wanted to but they all reached 18. I wasn't sure they would all promote but they did. All had been in the academy at least 4 seasons.

Normally I get 1 or 2 promotions a season but looking back over the seasons since the youth update one season I managed to get 5 promotions.

I am now trying to organise my academy so I take on 2 youths a season and end up with 2 promotions a season. Not having a lot of success at finding decent balanced youths at the moment though and my current youths are also dragging their feet somewhat.

15th Jul 23 8:22 PM
chyperhondriac
Posts 281
Quote:
I have a youth a couple of weeks away from his 18th. I think I'm better off actively promoting him before he ages out, but how close should I let him get, would it make any difference doing it now versus in a week?

Well, I'm glad I waited until he turned 18 - a few additional points in the last couple of weeks and Schaumer's turned out quite the diamond!

16th Jul 23 8:13 PM
Andy1970_2nd
Posts 20
On the subject of youths with all the same stats, I'd read that they could be good, so I promoted one and after 3 seasons when he hadn't moved a statm I got rid and have never done it again.
Secondly, I have moaned about the standard of youths coming back recently, it has been MONTHS since I've had anything good! Finally a 77 rated 14yo! The last time I had a 70+ rated 14 yo in my other teams academy he reached 99 and then of course didn't promote So I will keep the champagne on ice for now
I need him to promote in 2-3 seasons, because he's a gk and I have this Eq Guinea thing going and my my 2 gks are getting older, so I need some good youth gks coming through!

17th Jul 23 2:23 AM
roland68
Posts 980
Quote:

S49 D25 Signed 14yo youth rated 51 (51/51/52)
S50 D15 youth report - Great kid, will see a lot more from him. Now 15yo, still rated 51
S51 D15 youth report - Has potential to improve a lot. Now 16yo, rated 52.
S52 D15 youth report - Great kid, will see a lot more from him. Now 17yo, rated 54

The Race Is On !!!

Nice to see differing views om what managers do with non-improving youths and what might happen to this one. So how about a game. If anyone wants to estimate this player's final rating when he turns 18, have a go and we'll see who's nearest.

Note: He turned 17 around 7-10 days ago now, so has around 47-48 days until he turns 18.

17th Jul 23 10:22 AM
chyperhondriac
Posts 281
Quote:
Nice to see differing views om what managers do with non-improving youths and what might happen to this one. So how about a game. If anyone wants to estimate this player's final rating when he turns 18, have a go and we'll see who's nearest.

Note: He turned 17 around 7-10 days ago now, so has around 47-48 days until he turns 18.

I reckon he'll have a late boost - the youth I mentioned before went up 39 points in 36 days so there's still plenty of time for this kid to get into the 90s.

I'll hedge my bets by saying he ends up in the 80s. Let's be a bit positive and say 87.

17th Jul 23 6:52 PM
stripey
Posts 6,151
I'll say 79.

17th Jul 23 8:17 PM
AndyP
Posts 26
64 from me!

17th Jul 23 8:49 PM
BlueBoar
Posts 227
Just had this for my 95 rated 15 yo forward.

Subject: Youth Player Contract Renewal
Sent: Monday 17th July 20:00
To:
Dear BlueBoar,

Just a reminder that the contract for your youth forward, is now due for renewal. His contract expires in the next few days.

After supervising his training, our youth coaches report that he has reached his peak in the academy. Time for him to take the next step, I think.

Click here to review the contract.

Regards,
Dobieslaw Krygowski

Secretary, Turtlesim FC

I have ignored this and given him another 56 days in the academy purely because there is nothing else better to do than see what happens when/if he happens to reach 100 and none of his trainables are at 100 yet.

Copyright © 2024 - IAG Games Ltd. All rights reserved.
Disclaimer | Privacy policy | Terms of use | Rules of game