ITSAGOAL.org - More than just a game
HomeManagerClubMatch daySquadTransfersLeagueCompetitionsStatisticsCommunityHelpShop

View forum thread

CREATE
Create your football club from the ground up and establish yourself as a football manager.
MANAGE
Manage every aspect of your football club from player transfers to squad training.
COMPETE
Go head to head with thousands of football managers from all over the world.
New General Discussions Forum
5th Oct 22 5:32 PM
hamshanker_2nd
Posts 6
Quote:
Originally posted by chyperhondriac
It would be really helpful if your first contract with a youth was really short, like ten days or so, then you could get some kind of assessment and the option to renew for a season. I've had an 11 year old sit in my academy for half a season and do diddly squat.

I guess that's the risk you take...

I accidentally recruited an 11 year old into my academy rated 5 last season, i usually ignore those totally but had a few beers and pressed the wrong button
As I type he is now 12 years old and rated at 23 and steadily improving, I wonder where he`ll end up rating wise?
Anyone else stuck a 5 rated youth in their academy?

5th Oct 22 7:18 PM
chyperhondriac
Posts 275
Quote:
Originally posted by hamshanker_2nd
I accidentally recruited an 11 year old into my academy rated 5 last season, i usually ignore those totally but had a few beers and pressed the wrong button
As I type he is now 12 years old and rated at 23 and steadily improving, I wonder where he`ll end up rating wise?
Anyone else stuck a 5 rated youth in their academy?

That's where I'm at! Well, he's rated 6 but close enough. I thought since he was pretty well balanced he'd be a good punt, but no movement in 20+ days. Well, he has another month to impress at least.

10th Oct 22 8:07 PM
wilson23
Posts 128
Just promoted John Charles... as a Leeds fan I'm particularly happy with that one! I know he would play in both attack and defence, never had him down as a goalkeeper too!

10th Oct 22 8:29 PM
barrym
Posts 4
I remember him when I was a young boy,some player,still revered in Italy.

On a different subject,can anyone tell me the benefit of playing reserve games??
I assume you gain experience as a player,any other benefits?

10th Oct 22 8:33 PM
pleasantsurprise
Posts 6,330
Quote:
Originally posted by wilson23
Just promoted John Charles... as a Leeds fan I'm particularly happy with that one! I know he would play in both attack and defence, never had him down as a goalkeeper too!

I wonder if he'l eventually transfer to an Italian Club and become know as Il Gigante Buono

10th Oct 22 8:34 PM
pleasantsurprise
Posts 6,330
Quote:
Originally posted by barrym

Yeah, me too Barry...

10th Oct 22 9:32 PM
Lemmy
Posts 469
Quote:

On a different subject,can anyone tell me the benefit of playing reserve games??

Players gain experience which helps them go up in rating, however they can also get injured!

10th Oct 22 9:37 PM
roland68
Posts 976
Quote:

A benefit is that players gain match fitness, which keeps them training to their max potential and presumably means they will better maintain performance levels during 90 minutes of first team action..

On the other hand, players also get fatigued which does the opposite and may impact performance when playing in your first team.

So, be careful to get the balance right.

Another benefit is that reserve matches let you try out different formations, if you want to.

11th Oct 22 4:18 PM
barrym
Posts 4
Ok,thanks for that.

11th Oct 22 10:05 PM
chyperhondriac
Posts 275
Quote:
Originally posted by Lemmy
Players gain experience which helps them go up in rating

Is that true - does a player with more experience train quicker/achieve higher ratings?

12th Oct 22 7:34 PM
Lemmy
Posts 469
Quote:
Is that true - does a player with more experience train quicker/achieve higher ratings?

Playing players help them to go up in rating quicker.

12th Oct 22 9:34 PM
roland68
Posts 976
Quote:

My view is that a player's match fitness helps them train quicker. The other thing that helps players train quicker is to do with the coaches' attributes. Not sure about experience impacting training speed / ratings.

19th Oct 22 8:39 PM
chyperhondriac
Posts 275
Quote:
That's where I'm at! Well, he's rated 6 but close enough. I thought since he was pretty well balanced he'd be a good punt, but no movement in 20+ days. Well, he has another month to impress at least.

So this guy started at 6/5/4 nearly a season ago and is now 13/8/10. Is that gap just going to get bigger - should I get rid?

19th Oct 22 9:28 PM
roland68
Posts 976
Quote:
So this guy started at 6/5/4 nearly a season ago and is now 13/8/10. Is that gap just going to get bigger - should I get rid?

If you look at the gap between highest and lowest as the difference in numbers, yes it will get bigger. If you look at the gap in percentage terms, no it won't

The players original ratings of 6/5/4 (rounded) were maybe something like 6.4/5.0/4.0. He has now become twice as good and his rating is maybe 12.8/10.0/8.0, rounded to 13/10/8.

On signing, his highest rating was about 60% higher than his lowest rating, it still is.

You can suppose if/when he improves to five times his current level he's going to be something like 65/50/40.

Up to you whether you keep him / get rid of hm.

19th Oct 22 10:18 PM
chyperhondriac
Posts 275
Quote:
Originally posted by roland68
If you look at the gap between highest and lowest as the difference in numbers, yes it will get bigger. If you look at the gap in percentage terms, no it won't

The players original ratings of 6/5/4 (rounded) were maybe something like 6.4/5.0/4.0. He has now become twice as good and his rating is maybe 12.8/10.0/8.0, rounded to 13/10/8.

On signing, his highest rating was about 60% higher than his lowest rating, it still is.

You can suppose if/when he improves to five times his current level he's going to be something like 65/50/40.

Up to you whether you keep him / get rid of hm.

Hmm, that's what I wasn't sure about...whether the increases were percentage-wise or in absolute values.

He's got a bit more time so I'll see where he is in a week or so. And of course it depends what the scouts are throwing up.

So it seems like you need to have someone who's perfectly even at that rating to have even a chance of a balanced 16 year old.

Cheers

29th Oct 22 8:08 PM
chyperhondriac
Posts 275
Well, welcome to IAG Caio Mendes, coming to a transfer market near you

I was hopeful for this guy but he seems to have turned out really quite great!

30th Oct 22 2:23 PM
pleasant_2nd
Posts 1,193
Quote:
Well, welcome to IAG Caio Mendes, coming to a transfer market near you

I was hopeful for this guy but he seems to have turned out really quite great!

An excellent youth!!

11th Nov 22 11:45 AM
TopGun2
Posts 569
Everyone cross your fingers for my youth keeper turning 18 in the next 36 hours, his youth stats are the same as Georgiou's were...

11th Nov 22 5:07 PM
AndyP
Posts 25
Quote:
Originally posted by TopGun2
Everyone cross your fingers for my youth keeper turning 18 in the next 36 hours, his youth stats are the same as Georgiou's were...

How long has he been in your YA? Longer the better right?

11th Nov 22 6:15 PM
TopGun2
Posts 569
Quote:
Originally posted by AndyP
How long has he been in your YA? Longer the better right?

Correct, I've had him for 3.5 seasons. I'm relatively confident he'll accept (can never be certain though) but not so confident in how he'll turn out.

Copyright © 2024 - IAG Games Ltd. All rights reserved.
Disclaimer | Privacy policy | Terms of use | Rules of game