ITSAGOAL.org - More than just a game
HomeManagerClubMatch daySquadTransfersLeagueCompetitionsStatisticsCommunityHelpShop

View forum thread

CREATE
Create your football club from the ground up and establish yourself as a football manager.
MANAGE
Manage every aspect of your football club from player transfers to squad training.
COMPETE
Go head to head with thousands of football managers from all over the world.
New General Discussions Forum
7th Aug 22 9:11 AM
andyoz
Posts 176
Quote:
Originally posted by roland68
That's really disappointing for you as the issue with poor attributes on promotion was supposed to be fixed. I had at least three like that but they were all signed to academy before the fix. Since then, they've been ok, certainly not that much under expectations anyway.

Are you sure he was in your academy for 4 seasons and not longer?

No he was defo 14 when I first got him and I promoted him before he turned 18 so he would of been there for less than 4 complete seasons. It's just one of those things, can't win em all.

7th Aug 22 9:12 AM
andyoz
Posts 176
To be fair he is still a very good player, just not quite the superstar I was hoping for.

7th Aug 22 9:45 AM
Lemmy
Posts 470
Quote:
Originally posted by andyoz
To be fair he is still a very good player, just not quite the superstar I was hoping for.

Before the tweak you would probably been quite happy I suppose.

It's still something of a lottery though. I've had 3 promote recently. Paulos, Weber and Abrutis.
Paulos rated 90 one 90. Expected 80's and is.
Weber rated 91 all 90's. Now 80's
Abrutis rated 89 one 90. Now 90's, a surprise.

Hoped Weber would all be 90's but still good.

So just because you have an all 90's youth it doesn't guarantee a 90's player.

Just keep trying.

7th Aug 22 10:36 AM
TopGun2
Posts 569
My latest promotee, Giminez, is no great star but he's better than I was expecting for a 73 rated kid

7th Aug 22 8:04 PM
AKRAZY
Posts 229
Quote:
Originally posted by AKRAZY
I think his maxed now...

97 rating, 95/96/100

16 still..

well I clicked promote...

He He He

7th Aug 22 8:42 PM
andyoz
Posts 176
Quote:

He He He

Dam!!!! Now I am even more mad about my youth! Well done, he will be worth a small fortune.

9th Aug 22 11:12 AM
AKRAZY
Posts 229
Quote:
Originally posted by Lemmy
Before the tweak you would probably been quite happy I suppose.

It's still something of a lottery though. I've had 3 promote recently. Paulos, Weber and Abrutis.
Paulos rated 90 one 90. Expected 80's and is.
Weber rated 91 all 90's. Now 80's
Abrutis rated 89 one 90. Now 90's, a surprise.

Hoped Weber would all be 90's but still good.

So just because you have an all 90's youth it doesn't guarantee a 90's player.

Just keep trying.

thats exactly what i went through though I had about 4-5 90s pre tweak, then it took me a while to find balanced younger youths post tweak/ and some started with fairly balanced atts and become less balanced etc.

9th Aug 22 10:33 PM
stripey
Posts 6,150
Quote:

He He He
Unicorns always smile at you!

10th Aug 22 8:39 AM
AKRAZY
Posts 229
Quote:
Originally posted by stripey
Unicorns always smile at you!

well yeah I did get kind of lucky before the tweak while most people searched for younger players I took some 15-17 year olds that developed well, until the tweak, after that I did find some that looked like they could push 90s but never did, in fact my best post tweak until now was 70 something.

just one of those things, I think I found the way to get better youths but I can't comfirm it as I notice everyone has their own little streaks, and this could just be a lucky streak I'm on right now.

but I think over the next couple seasons I'll be happy with my youths, and I think there will also be a few managers that are on a bad streak like I was.

10th Aug 22 2:24 PM
roland68
Posts 978
Quote:
thats exactly what i went through though I had about 4-5 90s pre tweak, then it took me a while to find balanced younger youths post tweak/ and some started with fairly balanced atts and become less balanced etc.

Becoming "less balanced" depends on how you look at the figures. If you look at the improvements as just numbers, the difference between low and high attributes will widen.

if you look at increases as percentages, the difference between low and high attributes remains consistent.

10th Aug 22 9:59 PM
chyperhondriac
Posts 280
Quote:
Originally posted by chyperhondriac
Glad I kept hold of this guy since he's rocketed up to 79 now. Here's hoping for a few more points before he hits 18.

Up to 89 now, so everything crossed! Amazing that he sat at 65 for the whole time he was 15 and then suddenly took off after his birthday.

Got a striker who's just turned 16 and in the 50s...could do with him putting on a similar spurt as I'm in need of a new front man.

10th Aug 22 10:44 PM
stripey
Posts 6,150
Quote:
This one is boiling up nicely now - 97/97/97 at age 17. Might even improve further before his birthday.....
....and he has! 100/100/100.

10th Aug 22 10:51 PM
stripey
Posts 6,150
Quote:
Originally posted by chyperhondriac
Up to 89 now, so everything crossed! Amazing that he sat at 65 for the whole time he was 15 and then suddenly took off after his birthday.

The youth I've mentioned in the previous post did something very similar, and then it was like he was a new man!

10th Aug 22 11:05 PM
roland68
Posts 978
I had one similar, signed at 12yo with 55/55/55. At 16+ years old he was still only rated 69. I was patient and his last season + 2 weeks, he reached 100/100/100 just before turning 18.

Some only improve in their final year(s)..

10th Aug 22 11:10 PM
roland68
Posts 978
Quote:
....and he has! 100/100/100.

Wonderful!

10th Aug 22 11:30 PM
stripey
Posts 6,150
Quote:
Wonderful!
This was the one who turned up in January as a 45/45/45 14-year-old, following weeks of indifferent offerings from my scouts.
Your level 55s 12-year-old was an extraordinary find!

10th Aug 22 11:50 PM
roland68
Posts 978
Quote:

Your level 55s 12-year-old was an extraordinary find!

He's not bad Deschamps that was..

Also have Zavrazin who started as a 12-year-old youth rated 53/53/53.

I have a couple more in the pipeline that I hope will promote and be as good as these two.

11th Aug 22 9:05 AM
AKRAZY
Posts 229
Quote:
I had one similar, signed at 12yo with 55/55/55. At 16+ years old he was still only rated 69. I was patient and his last season + 2 weeks, he reached 100/100/100 just before turning 18.

Some only improve in their final year(s)..

this is exactly why I am holding onto my 15 year old striker rated only 44,

as I have noticed that if they are balanced they can shoot up many ratings in just 1 season, which is basically what happened with my newest promoted striker too, didn't max at 100/100/100 though but 97 rated is still banging will be nice when I do get a maxed player though.

still have a 15 year old rated 84 and a 14 year old rated 78 though at the moment my 2 best in the academy, which I think will both hit 90+ and max out. but also have a a 61 rated 14 year old 44 rated 15 year old and 46 rated 14 year old which are balanced as well, so I still think they will gain many ratings in the last couple seasons. but I guess we wait and find out, at the worst I see a couple of 60s-80s and a couple 90s.

if they promote that is, but I think I will find some more decent youths this/next season.

also a 37 rated player aged 14, this guy might need 4 seasons but balanced enough to hit 80s/ maybe 90s.

11th Aug 22 10:23 PM
stripey
Posts 6,150
Quote:
He's not bad Deschamps that was..

Also have Zavrazin who started as a 12-year-old youth rated 53/53/53.

I have a couple more in the pipeline that I hope will promote and be as good as these two.
Midas touch scouts!

11th Aug 22 10:29 PM
stripey
Posts 6,150
I changed all my staff after selling my unicorn GK youth, and one of them came back today grinning all over his face, followed by a 51/51/51 14-year-old.

Copyright © 2024 - IAG Games Ltd. All rights reserved.
Disclaimer | Privacy policy | Terms of use | Rules of game