ITSAGOAL.org - More than just a game
HomeManagerClubMatch daySquadTransfersLeagueCompetitionsStatisticsCommunityHelpShop

View forum thread

CREATE
Create your football club from the ground up and establish yourself as a football manager.
MANAGE
Manage every aspect of your football club from player transfers to squad training.
COMPETE
Go head to head with thousands of football managers from all over the world.
New General Discussions Forum
26th Sep 22 8:12 PM
Benjamin
Posts 13
Emeka Edú had just promoted. Another high 90s potential player. Success rate of promoting 16 year olds is 100% for me so far.

26th Sep 22 8:37 PM
andyoz
Posts 174
Wow, you are doing very well! I've never had an all 90's player promote. Maybe one day I will find my magical unicorn

28th Sep 22 8:07 PM
chyperhondriac
Posts 272
Erm...can someone take a look at Kavanagh and tell me whether I'm dreaming? Or has the really unbalanced 72-rated youth actually promoted to a nearly all 90s player?

28th Sep 22 8:20 PM
andyoz
Posts 174
Quote:
Originally posted by chyperhondriac
Erm...can someone take a look at Kavanagh and tell me whether I'm dreaming? Or has the really unbalanced 72-rated youth actually promoted to a nearly all 90s player?

I had the exact same thing happen to one of my goalkeepers. However, that was a few seasons ago. He did not train up to match anywhere near his fixed stats. So if you want my advice, try and sell him before anyone works it out And of course hope that they don't read the forums.

28th Sep 22 8:27 PM
chyperhondriac
Posts 272
Quote:
Originally posted by andyoz
I had the exact same thing happen to one of my goalkeepers. However, that was a few seasons ago. He did not train up to match anywhere near his fixed stats. So if you want my advice, try and sell him before anyone works it out And of course hope that they don't read the forums.

Huh, is that so? Well, that's interesting. Might throw him on the market and see what happens.

29th Sep 22 8:08 PM
sullymcfc
Posts 71
Just had a player promoted from my youth academy very disappointed seeing as he was rated 71 in my academy his stats have come out like he?s a 50 rated player

29th Sep 22 8:29 PM
pleasant_2nd
Posts 1,181
Quote:
Originally posted by sullymcfc
Just had a player promoted from my youth academy very disappointed seeing as he was rated 71 in my academy his stats have come out like he?s a 50 rated player

Did he have even stats Sully?

29th Sep 22 10:24 PM
sullymcfc
Posts 71
Yes that?s what?s more frustrating
Probably the first one I?ve had that was even remotely even

29th Sep 22 11:28 PM
pleasantsurprise
Posts 6,324
Quote:

So his youth stats were all within 5 points of each other (that's what I'd call 'even')?

If so, I think you've been incredibly unlucky.

30th Sep 22 12:50 AM
AKRAZY
Posts 230
Quote:

He's only 16 I think you was a little premature on the promotion button,

He might have improved to 90+ had you given him 2 more seasons and if he come out with weaker stats say 80s still at least doubles his value, and I'd assume you'd just keep a 60s/70s striker?

30th Sep 22 9:55 AM
roland68
Posts 972
Quote:

Looks like a 60+ player to me, if he's trained by good enough coaches.

30th Sep 22 4:50 PM
sullymcfc
Posts 71
Quote:
Originally posted by AKRAZY
He's only 16 I think you was a little premature on the promotion button,

He might have improved to 90+ had you given him 2 more seasons and if he come out with weaker stats say 80s still at least doubles his value, and I'd assume you'd just keep a 60s/70s striker?

My youth coach stated he?s gone as far as we can go on to his next step
He?s been in my academy since he was 13

2nd Oct 22 8:26 PM
singe_2nd
Posts 11
Well the day I've been looking forward to has arrived.
191cm Goalkeeper
98 on the Academy Tabor Waley has promoted.
Hopefully transformational for my team.

2nd Oct 22 11:00 PM
stripey
Posts 6,141
Quote:
Originally posted by singe_2nd
Well the day I've been looking forward to has arrived.
191cm Goalkeeper
98 on the Academy Tabor Waley has promoted.
Hopefully transformational for my team.
Great news!

3rd Oct 22 10:35 AM
Lemmy
Posts 470
Quote:
My youth coach stated he?s gone as far as we can go on to his next step
He?s been in my academy since he was 13

I would take those messages with a pinch of salt. I would have kept him in at least another season and if he didn't improve then try to promote him.

3rd Oct 22 11:18 AM
AndyP
Posts 24
Quote:
Originally posted by stripey
Great news!

Wow...I've got a similar GK prospect in the Youth Academy - Hopefully he signs. Then the question will be whether to hold or sell?

3rd Oct 22 12:04 PM
calvino_spark
Posts 328
Very happy with my latest recruit from the youth academy. I could do with a centre back so Meagher fits the bill very nicely, especially if he can train anywhere close to what his fixed attributes suggest.

I've been struggling to fill up my academy lately so I've now got 3 spaces left; my scouts need to stop resting on their laurels!

3rd Oct 22 7:50 PM
singe
Posts 23
Quote:
Originally posted by stripey
Great news!
Cheers!

3rd Oct 22 7:52 PM
singe
Posts 23
Quote:
Originally posted by AndyP
Wow...I've got a similar GK prospect in the Youth Academy - Hopefully he signs. Then the question will be whether to hold or sell?

I was hoping to have an offer I couldn't refuse!

I'm not sure of the best way to sell TBH. Obviously you can list at a lowest prices to avoid the fees but risk a low selling price or too high and not get any bids.
It's more a conundrum than I thought it wold be!

5th Oct 22 12:58 PM
chyperhondriac
Posts 272
It would be really helpful if your first contract with a youth was really short, like ten days or so, then you could get some kind of assessment and the option to renew for a season. I've had an 11 year old sit in my academy for half a season and do diddly squat.

I guess that's the risk you take...

Copyright © 2024 - IAG Games Ltd. All rights reserved.
Disclaimer | Privacy policy | Terms of use | Rules of game