ITSAGOAL.org - More than just a game
HomeManagerClubMatch daySquadTransfersLeagueCompetitionsStatisticsCommunityHelpShop
   

View forum thread

CREATE
Create your football club from the ground up and establish yourself as a football manager.
MANAGE
Manage every aspect of your football club from player transfers to squad training.
COMPETE
Go head to head with thousands of football managers from all over the world.
New General Discussions Forum
12th Aug 22 7:23 AM
roland68
Posts 812
Quote:
Originally posted by stripey
Midas touch scouts!


Maybe , on the other hand during seasons 42-44, I went close to two seasons without signing a youth because they were all rubbish

In the same way that you usually have to be very patient with youths in the academy, it can also be a good idea to be patient with your scouts finding the 'right' youths in the first place.
 
12th Aug 22 7:35 AM
porkpie
Posts 179
I've got two midfield youths that are 17 and will be turning 18 very soon. One is rated 71, and the other 91. The 71 rated turns 18 first and both have roughly 30 days plus left of their contracts.

Obviously I want both to promote, but it's the 91 rated that I really want.

Do I take the risk and try and promote the 91 or do I just let them decide their fate when they turn 18?
 
12th Aug 22 11:30 AM
roland68
Posts 812
Quote:
Originally posted by porkpie
I've got two midfield youths that are 17 and will be turning 18 very soon. One is rated 71, and the other 91. The 71 rated turns 18 first and both have roughly 30 days plus left of their contracts.

Obviously I want both to promote, but it's the 91 rated that I really want.

Do I take the risk and try and promote the 91 or do I just let them decide their fate when they turn 18?


Tough call that....

I'd consider the following:
- When did I last try to promote and player and was it successful. This season? How many days ago? And how many have I promoted recently.
- When are they going to turn 18 (do you know more precisely the days of their 18th birthdays? and how far apart they are?
- How long each player has been in the academy, this is supposed to increase your chances of a successful promotion.

Good luck
 
12th Aug 22 8:08 PM
porkpie
Posts 179
Well for some reason my 91 rated player promoted today as he turned 18. Im 100% sure he was younger than my 71 rated.


Anyway happy days, even though he's not an ultimate player that the top clubs will pay 40 mill plus for, he's great for me.
 
12th Aug 22 8:34 PM
Benjamin
Posts 9
Talked myself into thinking my 99 rated goalkeeper wouldn't promote after recently promoting a young striker, but needed the academy space and im impatient!

Robert Mata 99 rated who turned 16 only 2 days ago. Absolute star!
 
12th Aug 22 8:41 PM
andyoz
Posts 117
Quote:
Originally posted by Benjamin
Talked myself into thinking my 99 rated goalkeeper wouldn't promote after recently promoting a young striker, but needed the academy space and im impatient!

Robert Mata 99 rated who turned 16 only 2 days ago. Absolute star!


Wow, he is stunning! There are a few teams who would pay top money for him no doubt!
 
12th Aug 22 10:11 PM
stripey
Posts 5,613
What a corker!
 
12th Aug 22 11:17 PM
singe_2nd
Posts 11
Quote:
Originally posted by singe_2nd
He stagnated for 3 days, and just jumped another 5 to 87 and he's still 14. He's not gonna join is he!

He's 96 now!
He's 17 Tall keeper both feet. I'm not 100% when he became 17, so I am hoping for a little more! And that he promotes obviously I 'll be gutted if not. But going to leave him to auto promote.

When you do the attribute whats the order?
He's 96 Phys, 94 Ment, 98 tech
 
13th Aug 22 8:09 PM
porkpie
Posts 179
The 71 rated mid that I mentioned promoted today.

Happy with both players
 
13th Aug 22 8:27 PM
andyoz
Posts 117
Quote:
Originally posted by porkpie
The 71 rated mid that I mentioned promoted today.

Happy with both players


He's better than I would of expected for a 71 rated youth! Well done!
 
13th Aug 22 9:55 PM
stripey
Posts 5,613
Quote:
Originally posted by porkpie
The 71 rated mid that I mentioned promoted today.

Happy with both players
Doubly top result, porkpie!
 
13th Aug 22 9:56 PM
stripey
Posts 5,613
Quote:
Originally posted by stripey
....and he has! 100/100/100.
He had a birthday - and he's a very welcome member of the squad: Maxim Tchoyi.
 
14th Aug 22 8:52 AM
andyoz
Posts 117
Quote:
Originally posted by stripey
He had a birthday - and he's a very welcome member of the squad: Maxim Tchoyi.


Score!
 
14th Aug 22 6:37 PM
porkpie
Posts 179
Quote:
Originally posted by stripey
He had a birthday - and he's a very welcome member of the squad: Maxim Tchoyi.


Are you keeping him or getting rid? Big money if you sell him.
 
14th Aug 22 7:25 PM
porkpie
Posts 179
What I have noticed though, Is every time a youth promotes I get an injury. 4 Players out at the moment.
 
15th Aug 22 3:06 PM
calvino_spark
Posts 306
Not quite as high as his academy rating but I'm still very happy with Bogdan Shelagin.

He was rated at 50 when I first recruited him at about 14 years of age. I kept being told that there was a lot of potential for him to get better but when he was 17 he was still only about a 54 rating. By the time he turned 18 today he was rated 95 in the academy so made a huge improvement in his last season and shows that sometimes being patient is worth it!
 
18th Aug 22 8:53 PM
singe_2nd
Posts 11
MAjor panic.
I have a now 97 rated Youth player, but just got a notification to renew the Youth Coach. When trying to renew, it said he is retiring at the end, which is in only 4 days. I ahdn't seen the earlier notification. Will I lose my youth squad without a Youth Coach>?
I've done a 1 day recruitment in the meantime
 
18th Aug 22 9:14 PM
BlueBoar
Posts 146
Quote:
Originally posted by singe_2nd
MAjor panic.
I have a now 97 rated Youth player, but just got a notification to renew the Youth Coach. When trying to renew, it said he is retiring at the end, which is in only 4 days. I ahdn't seen the earlier notification. Will I lose my youth squad without a Youth Coach>?
I've done a 1 day recruitment in the meantime


When you replace your staff with better ones, I don't think it matters if you sack them all to replace them. I've done it before & the only penalty is no staff to carry out their duties.

Therefore, once the youths are in the academy, they don't go anywhere until they either promote or their contract expires.

I hope that helps...
 
18th Aug 22 9:17 PM
singe_2nd
Posts 11
Quote:
Originally posted by BlueBoar
When you replace your staff with better ones, I don't think it matters if you sack them all to replace them. I've done it before & the only penalty is no staff to carry out their duties.

Therefore, once the youths are in the academy, they don't go anywhere until they either promote or their contract expires.

I hope that helps...
That most certainly would. Thanks. I'm going to do a 1 day coach recruitment then a 7 day proper recruitment just in case
 
18th Aug 22 9:20 PM
clach
Posts 111
Nice wee CF joined my team today, he was 91 rated in the academy all 90s in fixed attributes
 
 
 

Copyright © 2022 - IAG Games Ltd. All rights reserved.
Disclaimer | Privacy policy | Terms of use | Rules of game