ITSAGOAL.org - More than just a game
HomeManagerClubMatch daySquadTransfersLeagueCompetitionsStatisticsCommunityHelpShop

View forum thread

CREATE
Create your football club from the ground up and establish yourself as a football manager.
MANAGE
Manage every aspect of your football club from player transfers to squad training.
COMPETE
Go head to head with thousands of football managers from all over the world.
New General Discussions Forum
30th Jun 22 9:38 PM
andyoz
Posts 174
I've always wondered if having a big squad and lots of players in a certain position, for example strikers, would mean a Youth Acadamy striker would be less likely to join due to the high level of competition for places.

Well today I got the answer. I had 8 strikers in my squad, which lets be honest is far to many. Yesterday I clicked promote on a promising attacking youth. I was convinced he was off to flip burgers. However, to my surprise he has signed up as my ninth striker!

Hopefully he can work his way up the pecking order, I don't even have room for him in the reserves at the moment! hahaha

2nd Jul 22 12:12 AM
johnmufta
Posts 10
My youth forward had just turned 100 rated in the academy. I'm assuming he won't improve beyond this?

Looking to promote soon and although would like to keep him for the future, I would also take realistic offers into consideration.

2nd Jul 22 8:24 PM
euromyside
Posts 38
I recruited the next level coach from a 1 day search at 5501+ rating.
I then fired the lowly level coach (1 out of 2) and today my youth - 2 of them have shot up.
Coincidence? Coaches shouldn't improve Youth should they?

4th Jul 22 8:18 PM
AKRAZY
Posts 229
Ooft my 16 year old striker is now rated 94..

With him being 3 ratings off his max as his current atts are 92/93/97

but I'll still wait till he is 18 regardless if he maxes early or not or if he even budges anymore at all, with 2 youth promotions this season I'd rather wait a season and a bit to try and boost my chances. its just hoping he joins now though :L

4th Jul 22 8:26 PM
andyoz
Posts 174
Quote:
Originally posted by AKRAZY

but I'll still wait till he is 18 regardless if he maxes early or not or if he even budges anymore at all, with 2 youth promotions this season I'd rather wait a season and a bit to try and boost my chances. its just hoping he joins now though :L

I'm in a very similar position. Got a 95 rated defender who is 17. But I've already had two successful promotes this season so I'm terrified of hitting the promote button and losing him. Am going to do the same as you, hold on till next season and then hope for the best.

4th Jul 22 10:01 PM
euromyside
Posts 38
Quote:

I've had unbalanced and hit 100 though the outcome wasn't as fantastic as it should have been (my winger)

4th Jul 22 10:16 PM
TopGun2
Posts 566
Pulled the trigger on a couple of handy youths for promotion tomorrow night. Fingers crossed.

5th Jul 22 10:38 AM
AKRAZY
Posts 229
Quote:
Originally posted by euromyside
I've had unbalanced and hit 100 though the outcome wasn't as fantastic as it should have been (my winger)

I've had a couple 90+ promotions pre tweak, and they come with 80s fixed too,

so I'm hoping this 1 is good, I feel like I deserve it after-all I have seen some managers switch clubs search 16-18 year olds and found 90+ which I think is ridiculously unfair, but hey ho I guess variance plays a part in the game, there's short term luck involved in this game and long term there is no luck just skill (: As I think I have found the formula for great youths. although I can't be too sure as like I said it may just be short term luck.

5th Jul 22 8:42 PM
TopGun2
Posts 566
Quote:
Originally posted by TopGun2
Pulled the trigger on a couple of handy youths for promotion tomorrow night. Fingers crossed.

Both promoted. All 90s keeper, Georgiou, and an 80s midfielder, Antunes. Happy days

Now, sell or train. Hmmm

5th Jul 22 9:57 PM
stripey
Posts 6,137
Quote:
Originally posted by TopGun2
Both promoted. All 90s keeper, Georgiou, and an 80s midfielder, Antunes. Happy days

Now, sell or train. Hmmm
Very nice.

5th Jul 22 9:58 PM
stripey
Posts 6,137
Quote:
I recruited the next level coach from a 1 day search at 5501+ rating.
I then fired the lowly level coach (1 out of 2) and today my youth - 2 of them have shot up.
Coincidence? Coaches shouldn't improve Youth should they?
Coincidence. Only youth coaches improve youths (no doubt as you suspected was the case).

11th Jul 22 8:11 PM
AKRAZY
Posts 229
Quote:

I think his maxed now...

97 rating, 95/96/100

16 still..

12th Jul 22 8:56 AM
andyoz
Posts 174
I just hit promote on a 70 rated defender. Already had two promote this season so not expecting a third to sign up. Will see what happens tonight.

12th Jul 22 4:41 PM
chyperhondriac
Posts 271
Quote:
Originally posted by chyperhondriac
Quite the dilemma...do I try to promote the 16 year old 68 rated midfielder to make space for the pretty well balanced 26 rated 12 year old, or do I let the guy mature longer and hope to find another needle amongst the haystack of 40/3/10 rated youths...

Glad I kept hold of this guy since he's rocketed up to 79 now. Here's hoping for a few more points before he hits 18.

12th Jul 22 8:05 PM
andyoz
Posts 174
Quote:
Originally posted by andyoz
I just hit promote on a 70 rated defender. Already had two promote this season so not expecting a third to sign up. Will see what happens tonight.

Shows what I know! He promoted! That's three in a row, not used to that. Worried now though as I have another 17 year old and he is rated 95. He is the one I really want, hope he makes it four in a row when he turns 18.

12th Jul 22 8:06 PM
andyoz
Posts 174
Quote:
Glad I kept hold of this guy since he's rocketed up to 79 now. Here's hoping for a few more points before he hits 18.

Nicely done, he should squeeze up a little higher I would guess.

12th Jul 22 8:19 PM
chyperhondriac
Posts 271
Quote:
Shows what I know! He promoted! That's three in a row, not used to that. Worried now though as I have another 17 year old and he is rated 95. He is the one I really want, hope he makes it four in a row when he turns 18.

Nice one. Will he stay 17 until the new season? Does the promotion probability reset on a new season or is it on a rolling basis?

Quote:
Nicely done, he should squeeze up a little higher I would guess.

Yeah, he seems to have really taken off this season after doing almost nothing the first year. Still 16 too. Crossing everything that he promotes.

12th Jul 22 8:23 PM
andyoz
Posts 174
Quote:
Nice one. Will he stay 17 until the new season? Does the promotion probability reset on a new season or is it on a rolling basis?

Yeah, he seems to have really taken off this season after doing almost nothing the first year. Still 16 too. Crossing everything that he promotes.

Yeah I don't think he will turn 18 till next season. Not sure about the rolling thing, am hoping it resets with a new season, thus giving him a better chance of promoting.

15th Jul 22 8:57 PM
euromyside
Posts 38
G Packilan (10) promoted today
17 year old. 95 rated in the academy.
He turned out better than my 100 rated winger when promoted.
Has been about 2 seasons in the acadamy.

Any of the super teams want to buy him or tell me what he's worth? (Message me even for a debate)

I'm very pleased. Out goes one (a striker sale today at 3.75m) and in comes this potential superstar.

15th Jul 22 10:49 PM
stripey
Posts 6,137
Quote:
G Packilan (10) promoted today
17 year old. 95 rated in the academy.
He turned out better than my 100 rated winger when promoted.
Has been about 2 seasons in the acadamy.

Any of the super teams want to buy him or tell me what he's worth? (Message me even for a debate)

I'm very pleased. Out goes one (a striker sale today at 3.75m) and in comes this potential superstar.
Out of my price range, but a top class youth!

Copyright © 2024 - IAG Games Ltd. All rights reserved.
Disclaimer | Privacy policy | Terms of use | Rules of game