ITSAGOAL.org - More than just a game
HomeManagerClubMatch daySquadTransfersLeagueCompetitionsStatisticsCommunityHelpShop

View forum thread

CREATE
Create your football club from the ground up and establish yourself as a football manager.
MANAGE
Manage every aspect of your football club from player transfers to squad training.
COMPETE
Go head to head with thousands of football managers from all over the world.
New General Discussions Forum
27th May 21 1:23 PM
ronaldstothard
Posts 18
Quote:
Originally posted by andyoz
Just had exactly the same thing happen to me. 80 rated, been here since he was 14. Now 17 almost 18, tried to promote him, he said no thankyou and tootled off.

Not impressed.

Me too. Been in my Academy for a long time, was a high 60 rating - bumped up to 80+ after the update. 100% would have promoted before the update, now went to flip burgers.

If only the very highest club rating teams (mine is top 20) can promote 80+ players then the "improvements" to the Youth Academy will achieve nothing.

27th May 21 5:23 PM
AKRAZY
Posts 229
Quote:
Originally posted by ronaldstothard
Me too. Been in my Academy for a long time, was a high 60 rating - bumped up to 80+ after the update. 100% would have promoted before the update, now went to flip burgers.

If only the very highest club rating teams (mine is top 20) can promote 80+ players then the "improvements" to the Youth Academy will achieve nothing.

I think you are wrong though, the rating increase the odds, I feel thatt in a few seasons everyone will have an avg better youth promotions pushing ratings higher and then allowing them to promote slightly better again, like Kev said in his help files, its almost impossible to improve through YA alone, but I don't feel that is true now, though it was probably true at the time. or atleast there was only a certain rating you could reach through YA alone.

just be patient, over time you will have better youths better ratings once they start to peak and then possibly better chances to improve once again.

on this team I havn't even found 1 80+ on my other team I have an 82 / 76 / and 72 rated youths, if they all leave and I only get a 50 rated youth etc I will be bummed but atleast it will be improving my squad.

27th May 21 6:05 PM
TopGun2
Posts 569
The club or player rating has nothing to do with the chances of successful promotion. Every player is promoted in different circumstances and there are various factors involved in determining the chance of promotion being successful. Some of the examples discussed above could be very unlucky and others might be a lower chance of success than you realise because of some of the factors.

Have a think about what factors might be involved in each individual case (the news item about the youth changes has some pointers) and you might be able to figure out how to maximise your chances in future.

27th May 21 10:03 PM
LW78
Posts 54
Just had a GK promote. 62 in the academy. Was 44 before the change.

30th May 21 10:06 PM
pleasant_2nd
Posts 1,192
Pleased with my youth promotion today - Chavez.

*Thumbs*

30th May 21 10:10 PM
stripey
Posts 6,150
Quote:
Originally posted by pleasant_2nd

*Thumbs*
Very nice.

30th May 21 10:47 PM
roland68
Posts 978
Quote:

*Thumbs*

Nice one..

30th May 21 11:20 PM
Johnkarol
Posts 2
is it possible to cancel a youths contract and replace him with another if your youth academy is full
thanks

30th May 21 11:22 PM
TopGun2
Posts 569
Quote:
Originally posted by Johnkarol
is it possible to cancel a youths contract and replace him with another if your youth academy is full
thanks

No, the only ways to get a kid out of your academy are to promote them to senior squad or to let their contract expire.

30th May 21 11:23 PM
Johnkarol
Posts 2
Quote:
Originally posted by TopGun2
No, the only ways to get a kid out of your academy are to promote them to senior squad or to let their contract expire.

thanks

31st May 21 1:32 PM
AKRAZY
Posts 229
Quote:

*Thumbs*

very nice

31st May 21 1:34 PM
Lemmy
Posts 470
Quote:

*Thumbs*

Nice one PS

What was his youth rating?

31st May 21 2:33 PM
pleasant_2nd
Posts 1,192
Quote:
Originally posted by Lemmy
Nice one PS

What was his youth rating?

He was 83 when I hit the promote button.

31st May 21 3:23 PM
calvino_spark
Posts 328
I forgot to give my 61-rated 14-year-old youth a new contract and he left the club; I should really stop doing that sort of thing!

On the plus side, I did send my scouts out and, amongst the usual dross, they've come back with with a 76-rated 16-year-old and a 70-rated 14-year-old (a pretty balanced player too).

1st Jun 21 7:59 PM
almahaza
Posts 297
Yoof question.

Can a youth player, who turns 18, be promoted even if he?s only been in the academy for 10 days?

1st Jun 21 8:16 PM
TopGun2
Posts 569
Any youth turning 18 is automatically set for promotion

1st Jun 21 9:20 PM
almahaza
Posts 297
Quote:
Originally posted by TopGun2
Any youth turning 18 is automatically set for promotion
Thank you.

3rd Jun 21 9:49 PM
sullymcfc
Posts 68
So am I right in saying only 2 youths promote per season or was that just ideas for updates

4th Jun 21 5:06 PM
Lemmy
Posts 470
Quote:
Originally posted by sullymcfc
So am I right in saying only 2 youths promote per season or was that just ideas for updates

Not sure where you got that from

But it seems that the more youths you try to promote per season the more likely you'll get refusals. Not sure why that should be the case but that's the way it appears to be. Looking back over my youth promotions that definitely does happen.

Bit early for me to find out if the promoted youths are better than before or not.

I do think that if you keep a youth in the academy for at least 5 seasons then he should automatically promote.

4th Jun 21 7:15 PM
Doink
Posts 114
Yeah totally agree Lemmy. Hopefully Ron can implement it soon!

Copyright © 2024 - IAG Games Ltd. All rights reserved.
Disclaimer | Privacy policy | Terms of use | Rules of game