ITSAGOAL.org - More than just a game
HomeManagerClubMatch daySquadTransfersLeagueCompetitionsStatisticsCommunityHelpShop

View forum thread

CREATE
Create your football club from the ground up and establish yourself as a football manager.
MANAGE
Manage every aspect of your football club from player transfers to squad training.
COMPETE
Go head to head with thousands of football managers from all over the world.
New General Discussions Forum
7th Feb 21 1:11 PM
NotSoSpecialOne
Posts 538
Quote:
Originally posted by Skeff
Just brought my first youth into the academy, a 37 rated 13 year old GK with uneven stats... Only 22 physical, but he is 13 so plenty of time to improve, what sort of range of improvements do you usually get in the youth academy per season?

No guarantee of any improvement at all mate. I've just released a 14 year old all 5s yoof as he improved nada in 3 seasons. His parents have already left a snotty message on my phone blaming me for releasing him as the reason he was arrested on a stolen moped after a street robbery

8th Feb 21 10:39 PM
AKRAZY
Posts 229
I'm hoping my youth promotes tmorro night 54 rated fullback in the academy,

with my bad luck I hope I get 2 50+ in a row and start to balance out,

my squads getting pretty deep for my liking though.

8th Feb 21 10:48 PM
pleasantsurprise
Posts 6,331
I had reasonably high hope for my youth Wakefield.

Rare position of sweeper.

50s atts not too badly spaced.

What a duffer he turned out to be.

9th Feb 21 9:11 PM
AKRAZY
Posts 229
Danko Merver joined and His FA have come out quite okay, lets hope he reaches his 54 rating

9th Feb 21 10:02 PM
FootballManager
Posts 295
Quote:
Originally posted by pleasantsurprise
I had reasonably high hope for my youth Wakefield.

Rare position of sweeper.

50s atts not too badly spaced.

What a duffer he turned out to be.

Maybe he should have been one of those you wish had chosen a career at the golden arches instead

9th Feb 21 10:13 PM
pleasantsurprise
Posts 6,331
Quote:
Originally posted by FootballManager
Maybe he should have been one of those you wish had chosen a career at the golden arches instead

If only I'd known then what I know now.

11th Feb 21 4:31 AM
AKRAZY_2nd
Posts 33
Tillman, decent 1 for my second team as I was just trying to get some decent 30+ for fillers as the team is still in overhaul mode, anyways its a shame he lacks discipline might been able to get some good money otherwsie.

20th Feb 21 10:23 PM
Andy1970
Posts 30
Durojaiye just promoted for me, left footed playmaker, sweet!
What intrigues me more, is one youth I put in just over a week ago and he moved up 6 and 5 points since, and he was rated 29 to begin with which I was happy enough with for a 12yo, even happier now he's 12 and rated 40, I'm sure he will slow down, but it's fun while it lasts! These are always the ones that dont promote though, too good for my team

21st Feb 21 9:34 AM
dazstag1967
Posts 42
Not found any decent youths for what seems like ages!

21st Feb 21 9:00 PM
Andy1970
Posts 30
And Becker promotes the next day, centre back, yes please!

21st Feb 21 9:12 PM
stripey
Posts 6,151
Quote:
Originally posted by Andy1970
And Becker promotes the next day, centre back, yes please!
Things are looking up, Andy!

13th Mar 21 8:13 PM
maddog17
Posts 273
Got 2 top quality left footed hole players in my academy that I really really hope accept (unlikely) when the time comes.

One is 17, rated 68 who I'll be pushing the button to promote in the next couple of weeks. Been stalled on 68 for a season - not hopeful he will accept.

The other is 16 and now rated 72 - gone up 4 this week and 14 in a really short space of time.

Both could make a big big difference to help kickstart my team but based on past experience I think both will end up pursuing careers outside IAG

Frustrating if they do walk away with similar players selling for 20m+

15th Mar 21 3:31 AM
AKRAZY
Posts 229
Quote:
Originally posted by maddog17
Got 2 top quality left footed hole players in my academy that I really really hope accept (unlikely) when the time comes.

One is 17, rated 68 who I'll be pushing the button to promote in the next couple of weeks. Been stalled on 68 for a season - not hopeful he will accept.

The other is 16 and now rated 72 - gone up 4 this week and 14 in a really short space of time.

Both could make a big big difference to help kickstart my team but based on past experience I think both will end up pursuing careers outside IAG

Frustrating if they do walk away with similar players selling for 20m+

thats madness, none of my youths have ever pushed 60+ on this game, although I tend to just got for 16-17 year olds and the odd younger ones to fill spaces.. anyways if they do promote they will fetch 20M+ easily if they reach their potential, the worst feeling ever is getting 1 promote but then don't reach their potential either waay I think the pair will be 30M+ almost garenteed if they promote and reach a decent level 55+ which I am pretty sure they both will/

my best promotion was in previous version 67 rated striker, promoted and his trainables looked as though he'd get there too, but not long after the game was reset, I've been put off slow devepment ever since

24th Mar 21 8:32 PM
Lemmy
Posts 470
Just promoted Ando 55 rated, looking at his fixed I was getting excited until I got to courage
Might be reasonable though or might sell him.

Picked up a 53 rated 14 yo to replace him

24th Mar 21 9:24 PM
maddog17
Posts 273
Miracle - Openshaw promoted

Was rated 68 when promoted - stats not as good as I was hoping for but still pleased to get a good player out of the Youth Academy for once.

24th Mar 21 9:43 PM
stripey
Posts 6,151
Quote:
Originally posted by maddog17
Miracle - Openshaw promoted

Was rated 68 when promoted - stats not as good as I was hoping for but still pleased to get a good player out of the Youth Academy for once.

Do you have a note of how balanced (or not) he was?

I've had a good promotion today as well - Strupar (GK). His last overall rating was 61, and with his youth stats quite well balanced. He's turned out nicely!

24th Mar 21 10:36 PM
maddog17
Posts 273
Quote:
Originally posted by stripey
Do you have a note of how balanced (or not) he was?

I've had a good promotion today as well - Strupar (GK). His last overall rating was 61, and with his youth stats quite well balanced. He's turned out nicely!

Well done - they are the sorts of FAs I was hoping for.

Forgot to make a note of his final numbers

Mental and Technical were similar but Physical was lower. All pretty aligned when I signed him.

24th Mar 21 10:39 PM
Lemmy
Posts 470
Quote:
Originally posted by stripey

Very nice

24th Mar 21 10:44 PM
porkpie
Posts 228
I've had 2 promote recently. Midfielder called Horn who I'm happy with and today a striker called Lebengut who is better than I was expecting.

Oh and a striker called Dionne, a few weeks back.

I've a 66 rated keeper ready to promote, but I'm waiting until my goalie retires, hopefully that may give me a better chance of promotion.

Surprised they all promoted as I've had a bad record previously promoting youths.

5th Apr 21 9:18 PM
porkpie_2nd
Posts 25
Quote:
Originally posted by porkpie
I've had 2 promote recently. Midfielder called Horn who I'm happy with and today a striker called Lebengut who is better than I was expecting.

Oh and a striker called Dionne, a few weeks back.

I've a 66 rated keeper ready to promote, but I'm waiting until my goalie retires, hopefully that may give me a better chance of promotion.

Surprised they all promoted as I've had a bad record previously promoting youths.

64 rated striker has decided to pack football in, which is a sickener.

Copyright © 2024 - IAG Games Ltd. All rights reserved.
Disclaimer | Privacy policy | Terms of use | Rules of game