ITSAGOAL.org - More than just a game
HomeManagerClubMatch daySquadTransfersLeagueCompetitionsStatisticsCommunityHelpShop

View forum thread

CREATE
Create your football club from the ground up and establish yourself as a football manager.
MANAGE
Manage every aspect of your football club from player transfers to squad training.
COMPETE
Go head to head with thousands of football managers from all over the world.
New General Discussions Forum
15th May 22 8:42 PM
BlueBoar
Posts 220
Question:

Is there a parameter set into the youth promotion dynamic that will dictate how many youths you can promote in a given season? I seem to recall reading it somewhere.

This all points to a both footed youth striker who is ready to promote now 99/90/87 rated 92 overall. He's 16 & very probably as good as he will get now, but I have already promoted 2 players this season.

Promote or leave until next season to improve my chances? Ta.

15th May 22 8:47 PM
roland68
Posts 978
I have a youth who according to my youth coaches 16 days ago "has taken everything he can from the academy. He is ready to move on.".

I hadn't had him very long and had just promoted another youth, so hoping to improve the chance of him promoting, I re-signed him.

In the past two weeks he's increased another 2 points, one point each week. Not a huge increase but interesting that my youth coaches were not quite on the ball with this one.

15th May 22 9:09 PM
roland68
Posts 978
Quote:
Originally posted by BlueBoar
Question:

Is there a parameter set into the youth promotion dynamic that will dictate how many youths you can promote in a given season? I seem to recall reading it somewhere.

This all points to a both footed youth striker who is ready to promote now 99/90/87 rated 92 overall. He's 16 & very probably as good as he will get now, but I have already promoted 2 players this season.

There is something built into the chance-of-promotion decision that relates to frequency of promotions, whether it's number of promotions/season, days since last promotion or number of promotion attempts in xx days, I've no idea, but infrequent promotion attempts seems to work well. Having said that, I've had rejections when I hadn't promoted any other youths for a while as there are other factors such as; time in academy, time left on contract, player ambition, player readiness etc... could be any reason.

There is a news item "Youth update" from 2nd May, 2021 that may help you.

Personally, I'd keep him longer, until the end of his current contract at least, but depends also what else you have in your academy.

15th May 22 9:10 PM
Lemmy
Posts 470
Quote:
Originally posted by BlueBoar
Question:

From the youth update

Promotion chances

As in real life, youths will not always accept a senior contract. Having played in an academy for a long time and infrequent promotion attempts at the club can greatly enhance a given youth's promotion chances. Every youth has a chance to promote, though patient managers are likely to have a much higher success rate than those who try to rush players into the first team. The manager needs to judge the progress of their youths and assess if they are ready for promotion, though players grow at different rates and at different times. Some players may be ready to promote earlier while other players would be stunted if they are promoted before they turn 18.

15th May 22 10:00 PM
BlueBoar
Posts 220
Yes, I think I will keep him at least until the start of next season I think, based on what you guys have said.

16th May 22 4:05 PM
cherub
Posts 34
There are quite few a things that's off about my youth academy, precisely on a particular youth

1.) He ages differently
I mean there was a time 56 days had passed, and he didn't age a bit, I got him at the age of 15, and have renewed his contract twice now I think, and he's still 16

2.) Promotion tab
This same youth last contract renewal, my youth coach told me he wouldn't be improving anymore, in their own terms, so to say, and I obviously could see a promotion tab, meaning I can now decide to promote him then. Whilst reading the youth forum here now, I decided to go check on him, only to see the promotion tab went off playing around

Haven't ever had a decent youth transfer in the game
Hoping this would be the first

But with all this village people following him around, I'm starting to have a doubt

He's currently rated 96

19th May 22 8:30 PM
chyperhondriac
Posts 280
Nine goalkeepers returned by my scouts today...none of them any good.

Ah well

21st May 22 9:34 PM
roland68
Posts 978
Quote:
Originally posted by chyperhondriac
Nine goalkeepers returned by my scouts today...none of them any good.

Ah well

I have scouts returning, with around 4-10 youths, every day. I've found very few recently worth considering and it's been the same for a while. You have to be very patient.

They seem to be rarer these days even though I have more scouts than ever. But it seems some teams are finding top players, they're out there. Maybe it's just luck on what you look for and when or maybe there's a good way to search, one I haven't found yet.

The players with decent overall ratings that I have found usually have higher stats of 6x/7x or 8x but a lowest of 1x. This week, it's been players with a lowest of 0x. I found one a few days ago with 90/8/3.

I've seen one team who has 5 youths promoted, currently aged between 17-19, with all 90s attributes, so keep looking..

21st May 22 10:27 PM
chyperhondriac
Posts 280
Yeah, that's basically what I'm seeing too. Lots of unbalanced stats or 14 year olds rated 5 or 6. Pretty much a waste of time.

Though as I said my last promotion was really unbalanced and seems to have okay attributes...

28th May 22 8:12 PM
clach
Posts 116
Just promoted a defender who was 88 rated with stats 96/96/74 and he has better fixed stats than my gk I promoted earlier this season who was 99 rated in the youth academy

28th May 22 9:18 PM
Revieisking_2nd
Posts 7
I have no idea if this is by design or whether it is a glitch... I've had a youth promotion today for a player who has turned 18 and joined the first team squad, however, I do not think he was in my academy in the first place?! I still have 8 youths in there which I believe is the maximum allowed? The player in question is a striker called Kisley

28th May 22 11:08 PM
TopGun2
Posts 569
Quote:
Originally posted by Revieisking_2nd
I have no idea if this is by design or whether it is a glitch... I've had a youth promotion today for a player who has turned 18 and joined the first team squad, however, I do not think he was in my academy in the first place?! I still have 8 youths in there which I believe is the maximum allowed? The player in question is a striker called Kisley

I suspect he was scouted recently and still in your scout reports when he turned 18. We've seen that bug before.

29th May 22 9:20 AM
chyperhondriac
Posts 280
Quote:
Originally posted by clach
Just promoted a defender who was 88 rated with stats 96/96/74 and he has better fixed stats than my gk I promoted earlier this season who was 99 rated in the youth academy

Is that Kashikar? He's turned out pretty well for an 88 rating!

I wonder whether the youth update is more forgiving on unbalanced players.

29th May 22 10:07 AM
clach
Posts 116
Quote:
Originally posted by chyperhondriac
Is that Kashikar? He's turned out pretty well for an 88 rating!

I wonder whether the youth update is more forgiving on unbalanced players.

Yes mate it?s him, his rating was the same since my scouts found him when he was 14, didn?t improve at all, I have a 91 rated midfielder who is 16 so wouldn?t surprise me if he has 80s fixed attributes if he promotes

31st May 22 8:50 PM
maddog17_2nd
Posts 400
Happy days

First ever all 90's youth player.

Ockenden (Goalkeeper).

Never been so nervous signing in, hoping that he would promote.

There is hope.

31st May 22 8:53 PM
AKRAZY
Posts 229
Quote:
Originally posted by maddog17_2nd
Happy days

First ever all 90's youth player.

Ockenden (Goalkeeper).

Never been so nervous signing in, hoping that he would promote.

There is hope.

Reminds me of my ex girlfriend... I'll take her I mean him...
hahaha

31st May 22 8:59 PM
cherub_2nd
Posts 1
Quote:
Originally posted by cherub
There are quite few a things that's off about my youth academy, precisely on a particular youth

1.) He ages differently
I mean there was a time 56 days had passed, and he didn't age a bit, I got him at the age of 15, and have renewed his contract twice now I think, and he's still 16

2.) Promotion tab
This same youth last contract renewal, my youth coach told me he wouldn't be improving anymore, in their own terms, so to say, and I obviously could see a promotion tab, meaning I can now decide to promote him then. Whilst reading the youth forum here now, I decided to go check on him, only to see the promotion tab went off playing around

Haven't ever had a decent youth transfer in the game
Hoping this would be the first

But with all this village people following him around, I'm starting to have a doubt

He's currently rated 96

Well, my weird youth got promoted today
90's fixed attributes

Not sure I do have a standard coaching facility to get him to a goal scoring beast, but I do have a standard marketing facility to fetch some money

1st Jun 22 10:28 AM
hutber
Posts 36
So if I'm right in thinking... I should promote all the players I want to be promoted at the same time right? Not separate times in the season?

1st Jun 22 1:06 PM
maddog17
Posts 273
Quote:
Originally posted by hutber
So if I'm right in thinking... I should promote all the players I want to be promoted at the same time right? Not separate times in the season?

Detail from the relevant news article:

Promotion chances

As in real life, youths will not always accept a senior contract. Having played in an academy for a long time and infrequent promotion attempts at the club can greatly enhance a given youth's promotion chances. Every youth has a chance to promote, though patient managers are likely to have a much higher success rate than those who try to rush players into the first team. The manager needs to judge the progress of their youths and assess if they are ready for promotion, though players grow at different rates and at different times. Some players may be ready to promote earlier while other players would be stunted if they are promoted before they turn 18.

2nd Jun 22 2:30 AM
AKRAZY
Posts 229
Just a reminder that the contract for youth forward, Sergio Xavier, is now due for renewal. His contract expires in the next few days.

After supervising his training, our youth coaches report that Sergio Xavier is a strange one, alright. It is not easy to call ... I think it might be worth giving him more time, but to be honest, your guess is
as good as mine.

I have this youth rated 53, has quite balanced stats but has hardly been improving,

..with this 1 with 2 other youths 1 rated 58 and 1 rated 70 that will promote near the same time if I keep this guy, I should probably just take an L with this guy? :L

Copyright © 2024 - IAG Games Ltd. All rights reserved.
Disclaimer | Privacy policy | Terms of use | Rules of game