ITSAGOAL.org - More than just a game
HomeManagerClubMatch daySquadTransfersLeagueCompetitionsStatisticsCommunityHelpShop
   

View forum thread

CREATE
Create your football club from the ground up and establish yourself as a football manager.
MANAGE
Manage every aspect of your football club from player transfers to squad training.
COMPETE
Go head to head with thousands of football managers from all over the world.
New General Discussions Forum
27th Apr 22 11:57 PM
hutber
Posts 26
Quote:
Originally posted by Lemmy
From the youth update

"Having played in an academy for a long time and infrequent promotion attempts at the club can greatly enhance a given youth's promotion chances."

You need to keep him until he's 17 and don't promote any others in the same season and you stand a good chance he'll promote.


Oh wow, great knowledge. So I should promote them all on the same day then ideally?
 
28th Apr 22 7:34 AM
chyperhondriac
Posts 71
Quote:
Originally posted by chyperhondriac
Just had a pretty nice youth turn up in a search...but my academy is full

Got a player leaving in four days. Will he still be around then?


All good - Vogel has headed off to get a few GCSEs and now we have great hopes for young Haru Nef. Everything crossed!
 
28th Apr 22 8:44 PM
hutber
Posts 26
Is there a limit to the number of youths you can have then?
 
28th Apr 22 10:09 PM
stripey
Posts 5,613
Quote:
Originally posted by hutber
Is there a limit to the number of youths you can have then?
8
 
28th Apr 22 10:16 PM
stripey
Posts 5,613
Quote:
Originally posted by hutber
Oh wow, great knowledge. So I should promote them all on the same day then ideally?
If you mean at the same stage in their career, then yes: towards the end of their contract is often recommended.
 
29th Apr 22 10:19 PM
stripey
Posts 5,613
Quote:
Originally posted by stripey
Third week: 53/53/53
Fourth week: 58/58/58!

Update on this one:
His fifth week (end of February) took him to 60/60/60 and then he simply got stuck until this week's update, when he has moved again at last - but only to 61/61/61. Maybe it's the start of his second wind.....
 
30th Apr 22 11:04 AM
operation_ivy
Posts 7
My scouts have struggled to find any decent prospects recently and the kids in the academy haven't been improving much either so it was a nice surprise to check this morning and discover the 13 year old sweeper Who joined the academy a few days ago has improved his rating overnight from 55 to 71
 
1st May 22 8:39 AM
roland68
Posts 812
Quote:
Originally posted by roland68
Frustrating youth:

Signed as a 12yo on the final day of S38 at 55/55/55. Seemed like a potentially great find!

S39: Moved up to 60, then stalled.
S40: Occasionally increased by 1 to 65
S41: 65. Youth report: Started to show some quality.
S42: 66. Youth report: Great kid, going to see a lot more form him if he works hard.
S43: 76. A few more increases of 1, then last time it was +3. Youth report: Still has potential to improve a lot.

He's 17 now. I wanted to promote but with the report a few days ago, I will renew him again and he'll have 3 or 4 more weeks to improve. Very frustrating youth this one.


If he promotes, it may have been a good decision to keep him on. He moved to 80 before renewal. Since then he's improved +2, +2, +4 and this week +8. Now at 96/96/96...

He's certainly a late developer! +21 in almost 5 seasons, then +20 in 5 weeks.

Pre-updates youth though so he'll probably turn out in the 80s (if he promotes), expecting him to turn 18 and make a decision in the next week.
 
1st May 22 8:56 AM
singe_2nd
Posts 11
Quote:
Originally posted by Lemmy
From the youth update

"Having played in an academy for a long time and infrequent promotion attempts at the club can greatly enhance a given youth's promotion chances."

You need to keep him until he's 17 and don't promote any others in the same season and you stand a good chance he'll promote.

100%
I always renew the Youth contract even if they've been 17 for a while believing it might increase their chances a bit. There's always one that escapes though, isn't there!
 
2nd May 22 2:13 PM
euromyside
Posts 15
So whilst my 100 rated youth (Hyun-ki Do) didn't have the best fixed attrbutes when promoted, as a winger I've played him out of position so far (AM) and he seems to have given me a good return on assists! 13 assists out of 15 games! I mean my league is easy and I've only trained him in pace, reflexes, stamina and concentration but he's not been that bad!
 
2nd May 22 2:46 PM
Piper_FC
Posts 1,319
Quote:
Originally posted by roland68
If he promotes, it may have been a good decision to keep him on. He moved to 80 before renewal. Since then he's improved +2, +2, +4 and this week +8. Now at 96/96/96...

He's certainly a late developer! +21 in almost 5 seasons, then +20 in 5 weeks.

Pre-updates youth though so he'll probably turn out in the 80s (if he promotes), expecting him to turn 18 and make a decision in the next week.


Looks like those youth coach updates were pretty valuable on this one

It's hard to know which youths are going to hit a plateau and be done growing for good and which ones are going to just stall for a while before they hit a "growth spurt" at some point and then rocket up that +20 in 5 weeks. Pretty fun to see when it happens!
 
2nd May 22 8:30 PM
hutber
Posts 26
What is considered good for youths?!

Age | Ranking
11 | 10
12 | 22
13 | 35
14 | 50?

I have no real idea of value or worth lol
 
3rd May 22 9:00 AM
roland68
Posts 812
Quote:
Originally posted by Piper_FC
Looks like those youth coach updates were pretty valuable on this one

It's hard to know which youths are going to hit a plateau and be done growing for good and which ones are going to just stall for a while before they hit a "growth spurt" at some point and then rocket up that +20 in 5 weeks. Pretty fun to see when it happens!


Yes, Piper, this is a useful addition... In the past I've tended to promote at the end of contract, when 17, for most players and I'd almost given up on this player even though he looked like he had great potential. The youth report convinced me to re-sign him for a few extra weeks which, if he signs, was a good decision.

The other benefit of youth reports have added is that now that some youths appear to improve more quickly you can get a 15-16yo who has reached his full potential. In the past I would have automatically kept these on for another season at 16 but now I know they won't improve and can be promoted at 16.

When trying to spread out promotions to increase the chance of youths joining, getting a 15 or 16yo who has reached full potential can suddenly impact on plans of when you're going to promote. It adds an extra dimension to the decision making.
 
4th May 22 8:05 PM
FootballManager
Posts 276
Scouts have returned a 52 rated 14 year old Fullback. Stats 50/51/54, fairly well balanced so he's straight into the Youth Academy
 
6th May 22 2:24 PM
operation_ivy
Posts 7
Quote:
Originally posted by operation_ivy
My scouts have struggled to find any decent prospects recently and the kids in the academy haven't been improving much either so it was a nice surprise to check this morning and discover the 13 year old sweeper Who joined the academy a few days ago has improved his rating overnight from 55 to 71


Fast forward a week and his rating has improved from 71 to 80. Pretty damn good for a 13 year old who I was umming and ahhing over whether or not to add to the academy
 
6th May 22 8:16 PM
Boston2017_2nd
Posts 43
Has anyone had this before?

?Dear Boston2017_2nd,

Just a reminder that the contract for youth midfielder, Alphonse Ilunga, is now due for renewal. His contract expires in the next few days.

After supervising his training, our youth coaches report that Alphonse Ilunga is a strange one, alright. It is not easy to call ... I think it might be worth giving him more time, but to be honest, your guess
is as good as mine.?
 
6th May 22 9:00 PM
chyperhondriac
Posts 71
Yep, I had that the other day...decided to renew as he's still only 12 and my scouts appear to be taking forever to come back anyway.
 
6th May 22 9:06 PM
clach
Posts 111
Got this message from my coaches -
Just a reminder that the contract for youth midfielder, Carlin Foley, is now due for renewal. His contract expires in the next few days.

After supervising his training, our youth coaches report that Carlin Foley has taken everything he can from the academy. He is ready to move on.

My coaches obviously don?t know what there talking about, Foley just went up from 88 to 91 haha
 
6th May 22 9:21 PM
AKRAZY
Posts 212
Quote:
Originally posted by hutber
What is considered good for youths?!

Age | Ranking
11 | 10
12 | 22
13 | 35
14 | 50?

I have no real idea of value or worth lol


That's a tough one to answer because if you are waiting for scouts to find a certain standard you could be waiting a long time.. me, I do like to get youths of a higher rating, but I rarely find anything rated 50+ so I tend to go for as balanced as I can.

11 year olds, come back with some random ratings between 5-10 so I guess 1 rated 5 with 5/5/5 is better then a player rated 9 with 18/2/7 for example. but as they get higher rated and older, its much harder to find something balanced, and we never know what their potential is really? just because a 14 year old is rated 20 for example, doesn't mean he can't reach 90+ and or visa versa, if we find 1 rated 50+ doesn't mean that he is certified to reach 90+ I just take what I can get at the moment, I am envious of what other people find, which my scouts never find, maybe there's a trick to it but I doubt it, its a lottery.
 
6th May 22 10:06 PM
AKRAZY
Posts 212
Quote:
Originally posted by hutber
What is considered good for youths?!

Age | Ranking
11 | 10
12 | 22
13 | 35
14 | 50?

I have no real idea of value or worth lol


also I found a 12 year old rated 31... his been in there a season, still rated 31, as balanced as I could find, not perfect balance, but maybe a couple ratings in difference. like 29 32 33 or something like that..

I guess I would say at the moment, I am happy with anything that comes rated 60+ by the time it comes to promotion, as I'm not finding these gems that everyone else seems to be finding..
 
 
 

Copyright © 2022 - IAG Games Ltd. All rights reserved.
Disclaimer | Privacy policy | Terms of use | Rules of game