ITSAGOAL.org - More than just a game
HomeManagerClubMatch daySquadTransfersLeagueCompetitionsStatisticsCommunityHelpShop

View forum thread

CREATE
Create your football club from the ground up and establish yourself as a football manager.
MANAGE
Manage every aspect of your football club from player transfers to squad training.
COMPETE
Go head to head with thousands of football managers from all over the world.
New General Discussions Forum
1st Apr 22 8:31 PM
andyoz
Posts 176
Quote:
Originally posted by Benjamin
Nathan Gill has decided to join the team from the YA.

As much as I will grumble I haven't found anyone good in weeks and the academy is bare. The YA has been very good to me.

Another top 16 year old.

Wow, he looks like a star! Well done.

1st Apr 22 8:51 PM
clach
Posts 116
Quote:
Originally posted by andyoz
I see he joined up! Congrats. Although for a 99 rated youth those fixed are not as high as one would hope.

Thanks mate, yeah pity not full 90s stats but better than any other youth I?ve ever promoted so can?t complain

6th Apr 22 3:30 AM
Aleph
Posts 10
I have my best ever youth going up for promotion at the update. Lieven Keese is rated 100 overall. All three of his stats are also 100. Fingers crossed he accepts...

6th Apr 22 10:28 PM
stripey
Posts 6,152
Quote:
Originally posted by BubbaGump
My youths have all hit a brick wall this season. Barely improved at all
Looking at my lot, that's the case with them too.

6th Apr 22 10:28 PM
stripey
Posts 6,152
Quote:
Originally posted by Aleph
I have my best ever youth going up for promotion at the update. Lieven Keese is rated 100 overall. All three of his stats are also 100. Fingers crossed he accepts...
Wow! Good luck.

6th Apr 22 10:48 PM
pleasantsurprise
Posts 6,330
Quote:

Another one turns out to be a beaut!

7th Apr 22 3:38 AM
Aleph
Posts 10
He accepted! No 100 rated stats, but all 90s except for loyalty. Now if only I could train him to his potential.

7th Apr 22 9:20 AM
andyoz
Posts 176
Quote:
He accepted! No 100 rated stats, but all 90s except for loyalty. Now if only I could train him to his potential.

Nice! Both footed as well, he will be a very nice player.

9th Apr 22 8:10 PM
andyoz
Posts 176
Ok I've just had a very surprising youth promote. 16 year old Calogero Abruzzo. He was rated 76 in the YA. Not particularly well balanced stats. Got a message yesterday saying his contact was due for renewal but the coaches felt he was not going to progress any further. So I hit promote.

So happy to say he has just signed up. But remember his rating in YA was 76 and then tell me your first thought when you have a look at him in my squad.

9th Apr 22 8:19 PM
euromyside
Posts 31
Quote:
Ok I've just had a very surprising youth promote. 16 year old Calogero Abruzzo. He was rated 76 in the YA. Not particularly well balanced stats. Got a message yesterday saying his contact was due for renewal but the coaches felt he was not going to progress any further. So I hit promote.

So happy to say he has just signed up. But remember his rating in YA was 76 and then tell me your first thought when you have a look at him in my squad.

Nice stats for a 76 rated youth.
I had a 100 rated youth and he was disappointing so there probably are some variances.

9th Apr 22 8:20 PM
FootballManager
Posts 295
Quote:

Wow, interesting. Nice fixed attributes.

However, million dollar question - how long did you have him in the academy for before you promoted him?

9th Apr 22 8:22 PM
pleasantsurprise
Posts 6,330
Quote:

My first thought is that he was part of your academy before the tweak announced on 11 November 2021.

9th Apr 22 8:23 PM
andyoz
Posts 176
Quote:
Originally posted by FootballManager
Wow, interesting. Nice fixed attributes.

However, million dollar question - how long did you have him in the academy for before you promoted him?

I think he came in when he was 14, so he has only been there two seasons. I was shocked when i saw he fixed atts. Was expecting a player I could maybe train up into the mid sixties, but he could potentially be an 80 plus player! First time I've seen a youth be way above the expected level when promoting.

9th Apr 22 8:31 PM
TopGun2
Posts 569
I'd say he looks a lot better than the balanced 70 rated forward I promoted this update.

9th Apr 22 8:49 PM
FootballManager
Posts 295
Quote:
Originally posted by TopGun2
I'd say he looks a lot better than the balanced 70 rated forward I promoted this update.

Ouch, you would have hoped for better than that given he had balanced attributes...

9th Apr 22 9:05 PM
BlueBoar
Posts 224
I have just promoted a Welsh lad called Cedric Mordant. He's a 16 year old right sided wingback. The youch coaches informed me that he was proving difficult to assess. They said he may improve further but they weren't sure. Prior to that, they told me about continued potential for improvement. This is his 3rd season with us.

His final stats when I hit promote were 90,93,96 (93 rated overall), just as they were when I got the message on 2nd March this year... I was expecting possibly some 80s fixed attributes, but his 90's in everything but loyalty blows me away.

I wasn't expecting him to stay in all honesty... he must like the sea air perhaps?

The board would love to keep him for the future, but if we do, does anyone have any experience of the level 90s players could possibly train up to with average staff? I only have staff appropriate for my level, so if the best I can get him trained up to is in the 70s, then this is an opportunity for me to edge closer to the next level of coaching staff, whilst also ensuring the lad achieves his potential elsewhere by selling him now.

... but if I can get low-mid 80s potentially with my existing coaches, then I would be inclined to keep him, as he will be much nearer his level of ability & sod the money (unless I get desperate further down the line, that is! )

I'd appreciate some views on that to help with my train of thought here.

10th Apr 22 12:29 PM
calvino_spark
Posts 329
Quote:
Originally posted by BlueBoar
I have just promoted a Welsh lad called Cedric Mordant. He's a 16 year old right sided wingback. The youch coaches informed me that he was proving difficult to assess. They said he may improve further but they weren't sure. Prior to that, they told me about continued potential for improvement. This is his 3rd season with us.

His final stats when I hit promote were 90,93,96 (93 rated overall), just as they were when I got the message on 2nd March this year... I was expecting possibly some 80s fixed attributes, but his 90's in everything but loyalty blows me away.

I wasn't expecting him to stay in all honesty... he must like the sea air perhaps?

The board would love to keep him for the future, but if we do, does anyone have any experience of the level 90s players could possibly train up to with average staff? I only have staff appropriate for my level, so if the best I can get him trained up to is in the 70s, then this is an opportunity for me to edge closer to the next level of coaching staff, whilst also ensuring the lad achieves his potential elsewhere by selling him now.

... but if I can get low-mid 80s potentially with my existing coaches, then I would be inclined to keep him, as he will be much nearer his level of ability & sod the money (unless I get desperate further down the line, that is! )

I'd appreciate some views on that to help with my train of thought here.

I think my coaching staff are a level above yours but I've managed to get Denktash, my 90s academy player, up to 82 and there's still a bit of training left on him. I don't think it's out of the question for you to get yours up to low-mid 80s but there's always going to be a risk that he won't be as good as you want him to be.

I guess it depends on whether you want to take the risk or you want to guarantee yourself the money. It also depends on whether you think the money is going to move your club along further than a possible 80-90 rated player.

10th Apr 22 1:54 PM
TopGun2
Posts 569
Quote:
Originally posted by FootballManager
Ouch, you would have hoped for better than that given he had balanced attributes...

Yeah. I'd had him 6 seasons so he was definitely from pre-tweak and that's probably why he ended up more disappointing but it still remains to be seen what level he'll train to.

10th Apr 22 7:38 PM
BlueBoar
Posts 224
Quote:
Originally posted by calvino_spark
I think my coaching staff are a level above yours but I've managed to get Denktash, my 90s academy player, up to 82 and there's still a bit of training left on him. I don't think it's out of the question for you to get yours up to low-mid 80s but there's always going to be a risk that he won't be as good as you want him to be.

I guess it depends on whether you want to take the risk or you want to guarantee yourself the money. It also depends on whether you think the money is going to move your club along further than a possible 80-90 rated player.

Yes, you're quite right. I think I will focus on selling to be honest, as whilst a high end player can improve my club rating, the money could buy me a high end player already trained. That is my thinking currently.

14th Apr 22 3:41 PM
calvino_spark
Posts 329
Quote:
Originally posted by calvino_spark

Dear calvino_spark,

Just a reminder that the contract for youth goal keeper, Pueblo Diaz, is now due for renewal. His contract expires in the next few days.

After supervising his training, our youth coaches report that Pueblo Diaz is a bit of a puzzle. He could improve lots, a little, or not at all.

Click here to review the contract.

Regards,
Clodoveo Lopez

Secretary, Weir Lion

It's been a long time since I first got this message. It turns out that he improved a lot from 56 rated when he first joined my academy to now being my first 100 rated player!

Now I just have to wait about 30 days or so until the local fast food place has a top potential goalie between the sticks.

Copyright © 2024 - IAG Games Ltd. All rights reserved.
Disclaimer | Privacy policy | Terms of use | Rules of game