ITSAGOAL.org - More than just a game
HomeManagerClubMatch daySquadTransfersLeagueCompetitionsStatisticsCommunityHelpShop

View forum thread

CREATE
Create your football club from the ground up and establish yourself as a football manager.
MANAGE
Manage every aspect of your football club from player transfers to squad training.
COMPETE
Go head to head with thousands of football managers from all over the world.
New General Discussions Forum
7th May 22 2:27 PM
singe
Posts 23
Quote:
Originally posted by hutber
What is considered good for youths?!

Age | Ranking
11 | 10
12 | 22
13 | 35
14 | 50?

I have no real idea of value or worth lol

I work on the theory that the second part of the age is the ranking I'm looking for.
So 11 is in 10's, 12 is in 20's, 13 in 30's, 14 in 40's when scouted. Obviously I'm not high ranked so if a 12 yo is 18 or a 13 is 28 I'd likely promote to Youth academy.

7th May 22 3:55 PM
porkpie_2nd
Posts 25
My 93 rated goalkeeper Rusty Fames has joined the club. Totally shocked.

Think I might sell him to generate some much needed funds.

7th May 22 5:36 PM
chyperhondriac
Posts 278
Quote:
Originally posted by porkpie_2nd

Wow, those look like some pretty great stats!

7th May 22 5:54 PM
BlueBoar
Posts 221
Quote:

There'll be no shortage of interest in him definitely. Good luck.

7th May 22 8:21 PM
roland68
Posts 972
Quote:
Originally posted by singe
I work on the theory that the second part of the age is the ranking I'm looking for.
So 11 is in 10's, 12 is in 20's, 13 in 30's, 14 in 40's when scouted. Obviously I'm not high ranked so if a 12 yo is 18 or a 13 is 28 I'd likely promote to Youth academy.

I follow pretty much the same pattern, I want a 11yo to be 10+, a 12yo to be 20+, a 15yo to be 50+ (or close) etc with flexibility on players with very evenly balanced stats and depending on how many youths I've got.. Though, first, the stats have to be quite evenly balanced, within a certain percentage, to even consider a player, then I look at the rating/age comparison.

7th May 22 8:30 PM
roland68
Posts 972
Quote:
Originally posted by roland68
Frustrating youth:

Signed as a 12yo on the final day of S38 at 55/55/55. Seemed like a potentially great find!

S39: Moved up to 60, then stalled.
S40: Occasionally increased by 1 to 65
S41: 65. Youth report: Started to show some quality.
S42: 66. Youth report: Great kid, going to see a lot more form him if he works hard.
S43: 76. A few more increases of 1, then last time it was +3. Youth report: Still has potential to improve a lot.

He's 17 now. I wanted to promote but with the report a few days ago, I will renew him again and he'll have 3 or 4 more weeks to improve. Very frustrating youth this one.

Deschamps has eventually turned 18 and promoted, I got another 5 updates out of this youth player during his final season and this week he improved to 100/100/100 Patience is key

He's now in my squad and has great fixed atts. As a pre-updates youth, I don't know how well he'll do but fingers crossed...

7th May 22 8:31 PM
chyperhondriac
Posts 278
Talking about balance...I've got a few youths who have good ratings (for my club) but are really unbalanced - e.g., a 16 year old who's 66/81/24. Is he a total waste of time, even for my squad?

7th May 22 8:56 PM
roland68
Posts 972
Quote:
Originally posted by chyperhondriac
Talking about balance...I've got a few youths who have good ratings (for my club) but are really unbalanced - e.g., a 16 year old who's 66/81/24. Is he a total waste of time, even for my squad?

He's currently rated 57? so for your squad could still be a useful player. Because of his unbalanced stats, the most he's likely to reach is, I think, around 70 but that would still be a useful player for your team.

7th May 22 9:25 PM
chyperhondriac
Posts 278
Quote:
He's currently rated 57? so for your squad could still be a useful player. Because of his unbalanced stats, the most he's likely to reach is, I think, around 70 but that would still be a useful player for your team.

Ah, that's good to know! He could be perfect for me then. Thanks.

7th May 22 9:57 PM
AKRAZY
Posts 229
Quote:

if his overall is better then your current squad rating then its not bad at all,

plus they are always useful for someone else once you start to grow your squad potential.

so he has that re-sell value too.. but I'd take anything on my 2nd team at the moment, its about getting the avg age down as well as potential up.

8th May 22 1:17 PM
NotSoSpecialOne
Posts 538
Quote:

Before Kev pays 75 million plus on him, the question needs answering as to whether he is a youth 2.0 or 3.0, post or pre final update and what the 3 youth stats were.

As you say though, id imagine he would fetch minimum 50 million due to his age and position, some might pay more obviously

8th May 22 1:20 PM
NotSoSpecialOne
Posts 538
Quote:

Oh come on, seriously, you think this player reaches 70 once trained, you know better than that mate surely?

I doubt he even reaches 50 and thats on a very, very good day, look at the lowest fixed.

8th May 22 7:40 PM
chyperhondriac
Posts 278
Well now I'm confused although I might just try to promote him in a season as a learning exercise

8th May 22 9:27 PM
porkpie
Posts 225
Quote:
Originally posted by NotSoSpecialOne
Before Kev pays 75 million plus on him, the question needs answering as to whether he is a youth 2.0 or 3.0, post or pre final update and what the 3 youth stats were.

As you say though, id imagine he would fetch minimum 50 million due to his age and position, some might pay more obviously

Im not sure when I got him, was at least 3 seasons I think. He improved from when I first got him His stats were all balanced in the 90's.

My 2nd team, not the one I've sent this message from.

8th May 22 9:43 PM
roland68
Posts 972
Quote:
Originally posted by NotSoSpecialOne

Oh come on, seriously, you think this player reaches 70 once trained, you know better than that mate surely?

I doubt he even reaches 50 and thats on a very, very good day, look at the lowest fixed.

Okay, I didn't write that reply very well....

What I mean is, the highest he could get in the academy. If kept in the academy long enough and trains up his highest stats to almost max, then his youth rating is going to be around 69.

Fair point though that with unbalanced stats, on promotion his fixed atts will be unpredictable and will have an effect on how well he can be trained in the first team, so isn't going to reach that level in the first team..

@chyperhondriac. It depends on how much he improves in the academy first.... Promoting now, he's not going to reach 50 in your first team.

8th May 22 10:27 PM
chyperhondriac
Posts 278
Quote:

@chyperhondriac. It depends on how much he improves in the academy first.... Promoting now, he's not going to reach 50 in your first team.

Okay, I kind of thought that might be the case. As I say I might give him another season and see. Not the end of the world anyway as I have a better and much more balanced prospect a season behind (if he promotes!).

Thanks to you and NSSO for the advice.

9th May 22 8:06 PM
FootballManager
Posts 295
Scouts returned a 77 rated 14 year old midfielder at the latest update. Stats of 77/76/77 - surely a future McDonald's worker in the making...

10th May 22 8:20 PM
singe_2nd
Posts 11
Quote:
Originally posted by singe_2nd
Just had a youth jump from 71 to 82 in 4 days ( didn't make a note in the days in between.

Joined season 41 at 11 yrs old at 47
Half way through Season 43 he was only 49 rated.
Season 43 ended at 60.

He's only 14...

Literally everything is crossed!

Jumped to 87.
My SEcretary...
After supervising his training, our youth coaches report that Colin Tarrant is a strange one, alright. It is not easy to call ... I think it might be worth giving him more time, but to be honest, your guess is as good as mine.

LEt me think about that...

13th May 22 8:05 PM
chyperhondriac
Posts 278
Quote:
Okay, I kind of thought that might be the case. As I say I might give him another season and see. Not the end of the world anyway as I have a better and much more balanced prospect a season behind (if he promotes!).

Thanks to you and NSSO for the advice.

Well, Gallego made the big step up - mostly to free up space in the academy - but he's come out surprisingly well! Might actually be useful.

13th May 22 10:16 PM
stripey
Posts 6,151
Quote:
Originally posted by stripey
Update on this one:
His fifth week (end of February) took him to 60/60/60 and then he simply got stuck until this week's update, when he has moved again at last - but only to 61/61/61. Maybe it's the start of his second wind.....
Accelerating slightly - now at 64/64/64.

Copyright © 2024 - IAG Games Ltd. All rights reserved.
Disclaimer | Privacy policy | Terms of use | Rules of game