ITSAGOAL.org - More than just a game
HomeManagerClubMatch daySquadTransfersLeagueCompetitionsStatisticsCommunityHelpShop

View forum thread

CREATE
Create your football club from the ground up and establish yourself as a football manager.
MANAGE
Manage every aspect of your football club from player transfers to squad training.
COMPETE
Go head to head with thousands of football managers from all over the world.
New General Discussions Forum
9th Mar 22 7:29 AM
Benjamin
Posts 13
Decided to take the risk of promoting midfielder Adewale a little earlier than I intended. But worked out for the best.

Best addition from the academy so far. Think all but 2 of my players are graduates from the academy now. Lets hope the scouts can find one or two more gems... Its been many a week since anything really promising

9th Mar 22 8:23 AM
andyoz
Posts 176
Quote:
Originally posted by Benjamin
Decided to take the risk of promoting midfielder Adewale a little earlier than I intended. But worked out for the best.

Best addition from the academy so far. Think all but 2 of my players are graduates from the academy now. Lets hope the scouts can find one or two more gems... Its been many a week since anything really promising

Wow congrats! All fixed 90's, the holy grail of youth players! He will be a star.

10th Mar 22 8:55 PM
porkpie
Posts 233
My scouts have just found a 90 rated 14 yr old midfielder.

It's made my day (it doesn't take much).

Fingers crossed 3 or 4 years time he promotes.

10th Mar 22 10:56 PM
stripey
Posts 6,150
Quote:
Originally posted by porkpie

Hooray!

11th Mar 22 10:19 AM
FootballManager
Posts 296
Quote:

Very nice, how balanced are his attributes out of curiosity?

11th Mar 22 3:39 PM
porkpie
Posts 233
Quote:
Originally posted by FootballManager
Very nice, how balanced are his attributes out of curiosity?

92, 86, 93.

11th Mar 22 7:53 PM
cherub
Posts 34
Quote:

So, mine found a 15 years 88 rated, who is now 92 rated after 40days
Just hope he accepts promotion anytime the offer comes in

12th Mar 22 1:41 AM
AKRAZY
Posts 229
much better then anything mine have found post tweak.

12th Mar 22 6:51 AM
BubbaGump
Posts 473
My youths have all hit a brick wall this season. Barely improved at all

12th Mar 22 8:12 PM
euromyside
Posts 31
After supervising his training, our youth coaches report that Hyun-ki Do is a strange one, alright. It is not easy to call ... I think it might be worth giving him more time, but to be honest, your guess is as
good as mine.

My 100 rating 17 year old winger is going to be promoted at age 17 and 2 days left in the academy on day 45 of 56. This is the suggestion of someone earlier in this forum to try increase the probability he'll join. No one else so far has been promoted Season 43. Fingers crossed!

I do have 22 players with 1 CB retiring, so may just cancel the contract early too so I can go down to 21 players.

12th Mar 22 8:51 PM
chyperhondriac
Posts 281
Started to dabble in the youth academy and already have five in there, plus one already promoted. May have been a bit hasty as none of them have stellar ratings - but it's a learning process and for now I'm looking for fresh blood rather than assets.

Tsimmerman doesn't have great attributes but not the worst of my squad either and he's pretty cheap for the time being. Let's see how he gets on.

12th Mar 22 10:37 PM
stripey
Posts 6,150
Quote:
Originally posted by chyperhondriac
Started to dabble in the youth academy and already have five in there, plus one already promoted. May have been a bit hasty as none of them have stellar ratings - but it's a learning process and for now I'm looking for fresh blood rather than assets.

Tsimmerman doesn't have great attributes but not the worst of my squad either and he's pretty cheap for the time being. Let's see how he gets on.
It's worth leaving some space for really good youths - you don't want to have a full academy with none of those in! Look for youths who have very even stats, and overall not too low.

13th Mar 22 9:03 AM
chyperhondriac
Posts 281
Quote:
Originally posted by stripey
It's worth leaving some space for really good youths - you don't want to have a full academy with none of those in! Look for youths who have very even stats, and overall not too low.

Yeah, I think that might be a problem - I recruited a load before I read this thread properly so I have some pretty wonky youth talent! Going to be a bit more selective with my future recruitment.

I assume better scouts = better youths found, in general?

13th Mar 22 12:07 PM
stripey
Posts 6,150
Quote:
Yeah, I think that might be a problem - I recruited a load before I read this thread properly so I have some pretty wonky youth talent! Going to be a bit more selective with my future recruitment.

I assume better scouts = better youths found, in general?
Better scouts come back more quickly with their findings. I don't think there's a difference in what they find.

13th Mar 22 3:06 PM
chyperhondriac
Posts 281
Quote:
Originally posted by stripey
Better scouts come back more quickly with their findings. I don't think there's a difference in what they find.

I'll keep holding out hope for some superstars then!

18th Mar 22 9:16 PM
Andy1970_2nd
Posts 20
Rated 5 5 8 8 15 18

18th Mar 22 10:34 PM
stripey
Posts 6,150
Quote:
I'll keep holding out hope for some superstars then!
Yes, keep on sending them out, and eventually something worthwhile will come back.

20th Mar 22 10:11 PM
euromyside
Posts 31
Quote:
Originally posted by euromyside
After supervising his training, our youth coaches report that Hyun-ki Do is a strange one, alright. It is not easy to call ... I think it might be worth giving him more time, but to be honest, your guess is as
good as mine.

My 100 rating 17 year old winger is going to be promoted at age 17 and 2 days left in the academy on day 45 of 56. This is the suggestion of someone earlier in this forum to try increase the probability he'll join. No one else so far has been promoted Season 43. Fingers crossed!

I do have 22 players with 1 CB retiring, so may just cancel the contract early too so I can go down to 21 players.

Marked for promotion. Lets see tomorrow

20th Mar 22 10:27 PM
pleasantsurprise
Posts 6,330
Quote:
Originally posted by euromyside
Marked for promotion. Lets see tomorrow

Fingers crossed!

20th Mar 22 10:35 PM
hutber
Posts 36
Quote:
Originally posted by RocketmanGav
The youth system could be so much better.

I would much prefer to see every youth promoted but reduce the maximum squad size to 26.

One of the reasons a youth rejects a professional contract is so the game is kept balanced.

Sadly it aged badly! From the kind of "look where we are now" perspective!

Copyright © 2024 - IAG Games Ltd. All rights reserved.
Disclaimer | Privacy policy | Terms of use | Rules of game