ITSAGOAL.org - More than just a game
HomeManagerClubMatch daySquadTransfersLeagueCompetitionsStatisticsCommunityHelpShop

View forum thread

CREATE
Create your football club from the ground up and establish yourself as a football manager.
MANAGE
Manage every aspect of your football club from player transfers to squad training.
COMPETE
Go head to head with thousands of football managers from all over the world.
New General Discussions Forum
16th Feb 22 10:53 PM
stripey
Posts 6,150
Quote:
Originally posted by pleasantsurprise
I'm not at all sure that my youth coaches know what they're doing.

Could improve lots? He's rated 99...

That last 1% must take a lot of training!

17th Feb 22 3:24 PM
Andy1970_2nd
Posts 22
Yes I got one youth come back rated 51, but his stats were so uneven it's not worth promoting him. Might as promote someone rated 30 with more even stats.
When the change was made to the youth system, we all saw mad brilliant highly rated youths, so it has obviously been tweaked and I'd now say it is worse than before the update. I've not ptomoted a youth in either team for weeks, and as youths keep my 1st team going, then it is the beginning of the end for me unless it is improved again.
I send my scouts out for generic searches and specific searches (which take longer) and both yield no results worth keeping.
Cant get new youths, cant buy players, doesn't take a rocket scientist to work out that eventually I'll run out of players and have to give up on the game which is ridiculous and very frustrating.
Meanwhile those at the top keep bidding 40m and buying players

17th Feb 22 4:22 PM
Piper_FC
Posts 1,357
Quote:
Originally posted by Andy1970_2nd
Yes I got one youth come back rated 51, but his stats were so uneven it's not worth promoting him. Might as promote someone rated 30 with more even stats.
When the change was made to the youth system, we all saw mad brilliant highly rated youths, so it has obviously been tweaked and I'd now say it is worse than before the update. I've not ptomoted a youth in either team for weeks, and as youths keep my 1st team going, then it is the beginning of the end for me unless it is improved again.
I send my scouts out for generic searches and specific searches (which take longer) and both yield no results worth keeping.
Cant get new youths, cant buy players, doesn't take a rocket scientist to work out that eventually I'll run out of players and have to give up on the game which is ridiculous and very frustrating.

A few things to help here:

1) The distribution of player quality and development in the academy is significantly better than before the original youth update. This isn't even close.

2) Fewer duds, more accuracy. There was lots of disappointment when youth ratings did not align as expected with senior ratings after the initial youth update. It turns out that the youth rating generation was making youths look better than they actually were (they were inadvertently tilted to have higher youth ratings than they would get for senior ratings) leading to some disappointment on promotion. The second update fixed the youth rating generation so that the youth ratings were better aligned with potential senior ratings. It's not that there are necessarily worse youths, it's that all of those youths that managers were going to be disappointed about because they looked so good in the YA but then promoted looking differently in the senior team are now more accurately shown in the youth system (i.e. a youth who was going to promote as a 70s potential senior player but looked like an 80s potential player previously now has a more accurate, lower youth rating, thereby "reducing" the overall rating of some players in the academy but not changing their actual potential). Result: we won't find the same amount of high-rated youths because the duds won't show up, but those youths who do get to high ratings are going to have more consistent ratings upon promotion.

3) Many youths were getting created that were already of a very high quality that were older, far more than intended. So, the likelihood of finding older youths who one could pop into their academy at 17 already rated incredibly high and then promote was reduced as the academy was not intended to be able to quickly generate top-tier players.

You can find information related to each points 2 & 3 (in less detail) in the news item.

Hopefully this helps make the changes more clear.

17th Feb 22 9:26 PM
porkpie_2nd
Posts 25
Lost an 84 rated keeper today to Maccy d's.

17th Feb 22 10:20 PM
roland68
Posts 977
Quote:
I'm not at all sure that my youth coaches know what they're doing.

Could improve lots? He's rated 99...

Neither do mine.....

"If you keep him in the academy, he might get better, but I really do not know at the moment."

17th Feb 22 11:28 PM
stripey
Posts 6,150
Quote:
Originally posted by porkpie_2nd
Lost an 84 rated keeper today to Maccy d's.
Always tough. How long was he in the YA for, PP?

17th Feb 22 11:30 PM
stripey
Posts 6,150
Quote:
Originally posted by roland68
Neither do mine.....

"If you keep him in the academy, he might get better, but I really do not know at the moment."
I've had similar messages (at least three different wording versions) for the last four or five contract renewals. Have they increased, or is this just coincidence, I wonder?

17th Feb 22 11:42 PM
roland68
Posts 977
Quote:
Originally posted by stripey
I've had similar messages (at least three different wording versions) for the last four or five contract renewals. Have they increased, or is this just coincidence, I wonder?

Yes, a few very similar too.. I'd guess it's going to be quite common for new youths on their first renewal, particularly if they are in the younger age range. This player hasn't increased in his first season.

18th Feb 22 10:13 AM
porkpie
Posts 225
Quote:
Originally posted by stripey
Always tough. How long was he in the YA for, PP?

Im not sure, but at a guess I would say about 3 seasons, one of the longer ones in the academy (my 2nd clubs academy).

18th Feb 22 10:31 AM
TopGun2
Posts 568
Academies really shouldn't be used with a short-term mindset except in emergencies for clubs that are already in really bad situations.

The idea isn't that your academy can find a 17 year old who's a well rounder star youth, they have to produce them over multiple seasons of investment. Academies are a long term strategy to help clubs make a step up in their level by producing useful players to reduce reliance on transfer markets and therefore partially bridge the financial gap to the clubs at the level above yours.

If you're thinking you can find a kid, shove him through the academy in half a season and promote him into being a useful first team player then you need a new plan because that's not going to work and it's not intended to work.

The changes made at the youth update, and the subsequent tweaks Piper referred to above were aimed specifically at making the academy into something that rewards long term strategy & patience, like so many other areas of this game. There's no quick fix for a broken club.

18th Feb 22 3:09 PM
AKRAZY
Posts 229
Quote:
Originally posted by TopGun2
Academies really shouldn't be used with a short-term mindset except in emergencies for clubs that are already in really bad situations.

The idea isn't that your academy can find a 17 year old who's a well rounder star youth, they have to produce them over multiple seasons of investment. Academies are a long term strategy to help clubs make a step up in their level by producing useful players to reduce reliance on transfer markets and therefore partially bridge the financial gap to the clubs at the level above yours.

If you're thinking you can find a kid, shove him through the academy in half a season and promote him into being a useful first team player then you need a new plan because that's not going to work and it's not intended to work.

The changes made at the youth update, and the subsequent tweaks Piper referred to above were aimed specifically at making the academy into something that rewards long term strategy & patience, like so many other areas of this game. There's no quick fix for a broken club.

Well said, example here, you can improve your team through 15-17 year olds, an example would be my 2nd team S.L Benfica, mainly filled with cast offs & duds, I would take a handful of 40s+ youths and improve the team quick quickly, but by doing that every season from now it would only mean I am getting equal quality, however I did find 1 good youth but fairly unbalanced, and I doupt he will reach his youth potential, the longer plan would be to level it out so that I have some younger ones while hopefully gaining 1-2 youths a season. the chances of finding a decent player aged 15-17 is rare, but they can be found and the ones you do find probably won't be better then the lower rated ones you find at younger ages but with more time to develop with their balanced stats. if your academy is not full and you would like to promote 1 youth per season at least then ofcourse get a 15-17 year old especially if your next 1 is due 1-2 seasons down the line, it shouldn't effect promotion chances.

18th Feb 22 3:16 PM
AKRAZY
Posts 229
Quote:
Originally posted by Andy1970_2nd

would just like to say those at the top that bid that much for players have carefully built up their bank for many seasons, for me (after my rebuild at this club) I started with a low bank account, and have built it to 40M whilst avoiding tax most seasons, but ofcourse I have taken a couple tax hits but I feel they was worth taking to get my bank account up. for me it means I can bid upto 40M on players from day 1 of each season, and then rebuild the bank through player sales. rather then sell players and then look for a player to buy. it took my a good 15 seasons to build this, and my team still not even close to being near the top yet.

18th Feb 22 11:24 PM
pleasantsurprise
Posts 6,330
Woohoo! The Holy Grail of the Youth Academy!

Mohammed Mhatre

18th Feb 22 11:29 PM
stripey_2nd
Posts 281
Quote:

Hooray!

18th Feb 22 11:31 PM
FootballManager
Posts 298
Quote:

Wow, congratulations PS

19th Feb 22 12:09 AM
AKRAZY
Posts 229
Quote:

pfft, look at the loyalty bar, his already made a transfer request, says he'd rather play for super smash bros

19th Feb 22 9:18 AM
andyoz
Posts 176
Quote:

Well done! A very rare event, he will be worth a pretty penny.

19th Feb 22 2:42 PM
Lemmy
Posts 469
Nice one pleasant, what were his youth ratings?

19th Feb 22 3:32 PM
pleasantsurprise
Posts 6,330
Quote:
Originally posted by Lemmy
Nice one pleasant, what were his youth ratings?

All 100

19th Feb 22 8:28 PM
Andy1970_2nd
Posts 22
Thanks for the comments, can I just say to TopGun that I'm not looking for a quick profit based on promoting 17yo, I pick youths aged 11-16 on the whole, but I'd like them rated 30 at least, at the moment, the best I have seen in weeks is rated 11, I know it's a long game but I'm not promoting a youth rated 11, I keep a record of their rating when I accept them and I rarely go below 40, because they may only go up 15 a season so 30-40 before they promote, so if I take a 11 rated and he becomes 50 rated with uneven stats, he will become a senior player with 30s and 40s, not worth the 6 seasons in the academy is it?
Anyway it's my 1st team with the problems, 3 youths in the academy and cant find any more and they are now all 17, so I desperately need new youths. My 1st team is 75% promoted youths I think, so take those away and eventually my team will fold as I have 10m in the bank and that buys you nothing these days.
Keep ignoring sensible people talking about the youth system and you will lose more managers.

Copyright © 2024 - IAG Games Ltd. All rights reserved.
Disclaimer | Privacy policy | Terms of use | Rules of game